|This thread has been locked, it will not receive new replies.|
Locked on 03/20/2005 11:04:28 PM PST by Sidebar Moderator, reason:
new thread here http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/1366995/posts
Skip to comments."TODAY MARCH 18TH STARVATION DAY #1 FOR TERRI SCHIAVO...FREEP FOR HER LIFE" (Thread 2)
Posted on 03/17/2005 5:58:41 PM PST by tutstarEdited on 03/17/2005 5:59:54 PM PST by Admin Moderator. [history]
At Admin request new thread!
Link to first thread.
Thanks for that good news! The Michael fan club that has sprung to life here will be saddened by that news.
Her fever had me so worried.....glad that it's down
Since when did I have to get your permission to do an article.
Also, people brought palm leaves to the Vigil today. There were palm leaves everywhere instead of the roses.
This Lazzara is a clintoid. Some thought that he might be willing to listen because he had a brother who had been a missionary in South America. Didn't turn out that way at all
Oh, this is great news! SEE, I knew that there were Federal judges waiting to sign this bill once it became law or this whole thing would be for nothing! God I hope nothing goes wrong tonight to stop the tube from being reinsurted!
I hope you're right, MarMema. And for sure I don't know what he's doing behind the scenes. I just think the time for behind-the-scenes action is over.
I read elsewhere people are sending Jeb palms (from Palm Sunday services). Well, the way I feel right now, I'd sooner send him Handi-wipes.
The eleventh circuit in Atlanta is where death row cases go. I was standing right behind Atty Gibbs during his press conference. He said the eleventh. Standing by for 1 or 2 am est.
You don't look old. lol
Great news!! That lifts my spirit! Keep reporting to us everything!
What MS has done to Terri and her parents is more then a tragedy. I hope to see justice IN THIS LIFETIME for what he and his cronies have done.
she had to cross the street and walk 100 yards to tell me that I could not walk around. She interrupted my conversation with Fox News. Isn't that rude? Why couldn't she stay on the Hospice side of the Street? I was on the not hospice side of the street. HOW CAN A COP CROSS A STREET AND TELL AN AMERICAN THAT THEY CANNOT WALK AROUND AND HAVE TO PICK A SPOT AND STAY THERE????? Pinellas Park PD - very lame.
Several posts a few weeks ago noted how popular MRS is in his neighborhood. Probably gives candy to the children, etc. Would you let a child accept candy from MRS?
Judge Lazarra is in Tampa Florida....hopefully, the Schindlers will have access to a fair judge in the Atlanta Court with an open mind and one who is willing to see this case fairly.
The whole case is obvious. All you have to do is look at the videos. But evidently, it's not obvious to the other half of the population. I think you have to spell it out for them.
The mainstream press keeps telling them that the video they see of a lovely young woman is a mirage and that she is really brain dead. I guess we have to tell the other half who can't think for themselves, that this lovely young woman who lights up when her mother comes to visit, laughs at her fathers jokes, makes a face when her father's mustache tickles her, tries to speak to those who come to visit, is really alive.
The medical records talked about Michael not allowing the GYN doctor to visit Terri. He kept trying to see Terri and Michael kept ducking the issue.
Key Dates in Schiavo Right-To-Die Case
By The Associated Press
The timeline in the case of Terri Schiavo, who has been at the center of a protracted legal battle between her husband and parents over the husband's attempts to remove her feeding tube:
- Feb. 25, 1990: Terri Schiavo collapses in her home from possible potassium imbalance, temporarily stopping her heart and cutting off oxygen to her brain.
- November 1992: Schiavo's husband, Michael, wins more than $1 million in malpractice suit.
- July 29, 1993: Upset over Terri Schiavo's care and the lawsuit money, her parents, Bob and Mary Schindler, try to have Michael removed as Terri's guardian. The case is later dismissed.
- Feb. 11, 2000: Circuit Judge George W. Greer approves Michael Schiavo's request to have Terri's feeding tube removed.
- April 2001: State and U.S. supreme courts refuse to intervene, and Terri Schiavo's tube is removed, but another judge orders it reinserted two days later.
- Feb. 13, 2002: Mediation attempts fail, and Michael Schiavo again seeks permission to remove feeding tube.
- Nov. 22: After hearing medical testimony, Judge Greer finds no evidence that Terri Schiavo has any hope of recovery and again orders tube removed.
- Oct. 15, 2003: Tube removed for second time.
- Oct. 21: Gov. Jeb Bush signs hastily passed bill allowing him to intervene, then orders tube reinserted.
- Dec. 2: Independent guardian finds "no reasonable medical hope" that Schiavo will improve.
- Sept. 23, 2004: Florida Supreme Court strikes down "Terri's Law" as unconstitutional.
- Feb. 25, 2005: After declining to give the Schindlers more time to pursue other legal and medical options, Judge Greer gives permission for tube removal at 1 p.m. March 18.
- March 16: U.S. House passes a bill aimed at keeping Terri alive.
- March 17: Florida House passes a bill intended to keep Terri alive; U.S. Senate passes bill different from U.S. House version.
- March 18: Feeding tube removed. Greer rules against congressional Republicans who had tried to put off tube removal by seeking her appearance at hearings.
- March 19: Congressional leaders from both parties agree on a bill that would allow the tube to be reconnected while a federal court reviews the case. The White House said President Bush would sign the bill when it is passed.
- March 20: The Senate passes the bill, but Democrats in the House delay passage of the measure, which could be voted on early the next day.
Amen. "The gates of hell shall not prevail..."
There are two or three people at the Vigil who are on hunger and water strike. One of them is a freeper whose identity I shall not reveal.
I would definitely want Fox News filming that exchange!
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.