Skip to comments.Police "on the track" of Srebrenica bombers
Posted on 07/05/2005 7:58:51 PM PDT by zagor-te-nej
Bosnia and Herzegovina (Country threat level - ): On 5 July 2005, Bosnian Serb police officers discovered two devices containing 77 lb/35 kg of explosives near the Potocari memorial center for the victims of the 1995 Srebrenica massacre. Tens of thousands of family members, foreign dignitaries and others are scheduled to visit the site on 11 July for a commemoration of the 10th anniversary of the massacre. A police official stated that the devices were "ready to detonate" and that they were capable of causing large-scale casualties and damage. It has yet to be determined who planted the devices.
"We have indications of certain people, who most probably planted these explosive" said spokesman for Srpska Interior Ministry.
According to news and security sources in Republic of Srpska and Serbia those people are Muslim.
The explosives were hidden in two locations and ready to use. 35 kilos is almost same quantity that is used in Madrid train bombing. And remember - according to Italian sources that attack was planned in muslim Bosnia. According to Croatian newspapers terrorist got material for bomb making from muslim Bosnia.
Sorry, this is link from Soros owned B92
Police "on the track" of Srebrenica bombers | 11:27 -> 20:34 July 05 | B92
BANJA LUKA -- Tuesday Police in the Republic of Serbia say they are on the track of the people who planted an explosive device in Potocari, near Srebrenica, where statesmen and international officials are expected to gather next week to commemorate the tenth anniversary of the massacre of eight thousand Muslim men and boys.
This was breaking news for them until information started coming out that perpetrators are muslim.
"It has yet to be determined who planted the devices"
Hmmm, who likes to plant bombs? Let's see...Poles? Swedes? Costa Ricans? Canadians? Fijians? Hey, I give up! Can't be Muslims, though, because Islam means Peace!sarcasm off
Bomb scare revives vivid memories of Srebrenica massacre
By Patrick Bishop in Srebrenica
Optimism that the tenth anniversary of Europe's worst post-war massacre might reconcile Bosnia's Serbs and Muslims dimmed yesterday when bomb-making materials were discovered close to the memorial site.
Following a tip-off, Bosnian Serb police found nearly 80lbs of explosive, a fuse and a detonator near the cemetery where many of the 7,000-8,000 men and boys murdered by Serbs are buried.
610 new graves are being added to the Srebrenica memorial
The immediate suspicion was that they were to be used to blow up VIPs and mourners due to gather there on Monday to remember one of the blackest days in recent European history.
The police would not be drawn on the bomb's likely target. But a spokesman said that the materials had only recently been hidden and "everything was all set up and ready to go".
The discovery, in a derelict cement factory 200 yards from the Srebrenica Memorial and Cemetery, was the result of a tip from European peacekeepers (Eufor). The Serb police said they were now hunting a number of suspects.
In the half-deserted town there was no doubt yesterday among the Serb population that they would get the blame.
The place shows some signs of recovery. Fresh mortar patches the shell scars that pock many buildings, new houses have been built and the first stirrings of economic activity are visible.
But psychological healing was not much in evidence. Several Serbs said they believed the materials had been planted further to discredit their people.
"Somebody wanted to draw yet more attention to the event," said Mirko, a 26-year old who was in the area when the killings occurred.
On hearing that it was European peacekeepers who had sounded the alarm he said: "Then it's obvious that Eufor set the explosives."
Since the massacre, the scale of which has been admitted by the Bosnian Serb leadership, some 3,000 Muslims have returned.
They and their 7,000-9,000 Serb neighbours have worked out a modus vivendi. But it is based on necessity rather than any flowering of fraternal feeling.
Mevlida Nalic returned to her home town four years ago and opened a bar-restaurant, one of four now owned by Muslims.
"Initially there was some provocation from the Serbs," she said. "They'd shout insults and the odd threat. Once they realised that they can't force us out again they have stopped. I have Serb customers as well as Muslims."
The bomb discovery is an unpleasant reminder that not everyone is so accepting.
"They want people to be afraid," she said.
Ms Nalic nonetheless says: "My life is great here. I live like a lord."
She is one of the very lucky few. Most of the inhabitants are there because they have no other choice.
The Muslim returnees came back because they could not find jobs in Sarajevo and Tuzla, whence they had fled. A law returning property to legal owners meant there was nowhere for them to live.
Many Serbs are living there only because it means a roof over their heads and a connection with the past.
The most lively place yesterday was the cemetery, where mini-bulldozers had finished digging neat rows of graves to take the 610 most recently identified victims of the massacre, who will be buried during Monday's memorial ceremony.
Spades lay heaped on the grass for Muslim widows to shovel earth on long-departed husbands and sons.
It was a sight to make even the most hardened Balkan nationalist pause and reflect. But it would seem that there are some Serbs who are not ready to do so yet.
In Belgrade, where responsibility for the crime ultimately lies, the authorities permitted large billboards to be displayed commemorating the massacre.
They showed the latex-gloved hand of a forensic investigator holding the decaying fingers of a corpse and the words, "Srebrenica 1995-2005: To See, To Know, To Remember."
There were 27 of them and they first appeared at the weekend. By Monday all had been defaced with such slogans as "there will be a replay" and the name of General Ratko Mladic, author of the butchery.
In an interview with the Bosnian Muslim publication Dani, Hakija Meholic, the police chief of Srebrenica, recalled that at the Bosniak conference in Sarajevo in September 1993, Izetbegovic claimed to have discussed various scenarios for Srebrenica with President Clinton. According to Meholic, an ally of Naser Oric:
"We were received there by President Izetbegovic, and immediately after the welcome he asked us: 'What do you think about the swap of Srebrenica for Vogosca?' There was a silence for a while and then I said: 'Mr President, if this is a done thing, then you should not have invited us here, because we have to return and face the people and personally accept the burden of that decision.' Then he said: 'You know, I was offered by [US Pres. William] Clinton in April 1993 that the Chetnik [derisory term used for Serbs] forces enter Srebrenica, carry out a slaughter of 5,000 Muslims, and then there will be a military intervention.'"
Well, Clinton was wrong once again. The Serbs actually murdered over 7,000 at Srebrenica.
Whoops! There are always 10% that don't get the word. The story is supposed to be that the Serbs didn't do it, not that they'd do it again! Zagor, you better get back to Belgrade and get those renegades back onto the Serb victimization reservation muy pronto!
Pretty elaborate, wasn't it? Got thousands of witnesses, including Dutch soldiers and Bosnian civilians to say that they saw Serb forces separate the Bosnian men from the women and take them away. Persuaded several Serb commanders to testify in court to planning and conducting the massacre and then go to jail. Managed to get American soldiers to fabricate electronic intercepts of Serb commanders discussing the massacre. Even produced a videotape of Serb forces shooting bound prisoners. And then, of course, persuading 7,000 Bosnians to tie each others hands before shooting each other in the back was the real trick. Just another day in the international conspiracy to make the Serbs look bad!
Here's more on the "set-up".
Sounds like "Muslims" to me.....!!!!
The Serbs have ZERO history of blowing up any civilians, none! If you can show me or anyone on here an incident where the Serbs committed a terrorist act, please do. I really don't care about the region as much, but the locals of Srebrenica-Skelani-Bratunac just want to live in peace.
This was done by outsiders, not locals. I place my bet it was muslims, not because I am American of Serb ancestry but due to their past history in that region. The Bosnian muslims don't care if they kill their own if they can get away with blaming the Serbs.
The Serbs have no gain from this, so pass the blame onto someone else. Think about it, even the Serb hotheads wouldnt be this ignorant, the muslim fanatics would.
ma, I don't know who planted the bombs. I do know that there is a history in the Balkans of false flag ops and double & triple crosses and evidence planting and so on that is conducted by various groups trying to put the blame on others. So I don't rule out any group, but will wait and see what the investigation turns up.
I hope it's settled down enough in another thirty years to retire there. I'd love to go back, maybe for good.
SABAHUDIN S. ARRESTED ON SUSPICION OF PLANTING EXPLOSIVES IN POTOCARI
6.7.2005 20:35 SARAJEVO (Tanjug) - Tuzla Canton police, in cooperation with the Interior Ministry of the Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina, have arrested Sabahudin S., of Srebnrenica, with temporary residence in Tuzla, on suspicion of planting the explosives discovered near the Memorial Center in Potocac.
It was a Muslim....!!!!
Isn't it time to look back at the events that unfolded prior to the endgame results of Srebrenica and the entire Bosnian Civil War?
Why don't you pin the blaming of the war onto Izetbegovic, you know, the one who backed out of the deal after Tudjman, Karadzic and Alija all signed the peace deal. Miraciously, the end result looks similar to their signatory deal, you know, the one Alija backed out and reneged. You know, the one that more or less said, we will have war.
TUZLA - Pripadnici MUP-ova Federacije BiH i Tuzlanskog kantona (TK), SIPA i OSA su u toku nochi 5. jula u Tuzli uhapsili bliskog prijatelja Nasera Oricha, Sabahudina Salihovicha, zvanog Mrcco, zbog sumnje da je umessan u postavljanje 35 kilograma eksploziva, koji je pronadjen u utorak u blizini Memorijalnog centra u Potoccarima pored Srebrenice, saznaje FoNet.
Translated by someone at Andy W.'s forum:
TUZLA - Members of MUP of Federation of BiH and Prosecutors of the Tuzla kton, SIPA and OSA, arrested last night Sabahudin Silahovic calles Mrcco close friend of Naser Oric, because of the suspition that he was involved in plantig 35 kg of the explosve, found Tuesday close to Memorial Centre Potocari near Srebrenica, FONET reports.
According to Bosnian Serb BN Television, European Union peacekeeping troops (EUFOR) alerted local police to the presence of the explosives by EUFOR, who allegedly presented satellite pictures of explosive being planted.
Muslims are the suspects. I'll bet they were looking for an excuse to start an all out war again and get rid of the RS (and the rest of the Serbs). The Muslim infantry is (and was even during the early '90s) the largest and has been highly trained and equipped in the last several years, while Serb have had most of their weapons destroyed.
By "set up" he was referring to the explosives planting. It appears the bombers were caught on satellite by the EU forces. Tuzla Muslims connected to Naser Oric - which means they were likely yet more Srebrenica soldiers who "miraculously" survived. Naser Oric and the top military leaders, around 17, left by helicopter months before the fall and didn't come back. The army also left their well-defended positions on ORDERS OF THE ACTING COMMANDER AND UN and started marching out before Serbs got the city outskirts.
Hoppy's been sabre-rattling about wiping the RS from the face of the earth so I wonder what he knew and when he knew it.
I wonder what stamps his passport would show?
Oh, he's going to be so miffed that the Serbs ruined his party plans!