- Five Egyptians
- New York subway maps, a video of Big Apple landmarks and $8,000 in cash
- related to infamous 9/11 hijacker Mohamed Atta
- Mohamed Ibrahim Gaber, had been wanted since September 2000 for jumping from an Egyptian freighter in Baltimore
- discovered the maps, touristy video and a bag stuffed with $20 and $50 bills
- other seized items included: "various engineering paperwork regarding structures and railways
- All of the men claimed to be unemployed civil or chemical engineers
- Also found was a train schedule with several stops circled
- "The investigation is continuing, but so far there is no nexus to terrorism," FBI rep Steven Siegel said
Now if they were seen lighting a fuse they just might come under suspicion.
The shoe bomber was reported to have no terrorist connections either.