Skip to comments.DRUDGE: Newspaper Circulation BLOODBATH LIST (From the Papers who Claim Bush's Approval is Down)
Posted on 11/07/2005 2:31:33 PM PST by new yorker 77
Mon Nov 07 2005 11:02:35 ET
Average weekday circulation of America's 20 biggest newspapers for the six-month period ended Sept. 30, as reported Monday by the Audit Bureau of Circulations. [The percentage changes are from the comparable year-ago period.]
1. USA Today, 2,296,335, down 0.59 percent
2. The Wall Street Journal, 2,083,660, down 1.10 percent
3. The New York Times, 1,126,190, up 0.46 percent
4. Los Angeles Times, 843,432, down 3.79 percent
5. New York Daily News, 688,584, down 3.70 percent
6. The Washington Post, 678,779, down 4.09 percent
7. New York Post, 662,681, down 1.74 percent
8. Chicago Tribune, 586,122, down 2.47 percent
9. Houston Chronicle, 521,419, down 6.01 percent
10. The Boston Globe, 414,225, down 8.25 percent
11. The Arizona Republic, 411,043, down 0.54 percent
12. The Star-Ledger of Newark, N.J., 400,092, up 0.01 percent
13. San Francisco Chronicle, 391,681, down 16.4 percent
14. Star Tribune of Minneapolis-St. Paul, 374,528, down 0.26 percent
15. The Atlanta Journal-Constitution, 362,426, down 8.73 percent
16. The Philadelphia Inquirer, 357,679, down 3.16 percent
17. Detroit Free Press, 341,248, down 2.18 percent
18. The Plain Dealer, Cleveland, 339,055, down 4.46 percent
19. The Oregonian, Portland, 333,515, down 1.24 percent
20. The San Diego Union-Tribune, 314,279, down 6.24 percent.
Unfortunately the worst offender, the NYT, has an increased circulation according to this list.
Besides the WSJ, could any of these papers be considered "conservative?"
After the election in 2004, liberals who have infested places across the U.S. took advantage of deals for the SLIMES.
They know everyone in the country knows they work for the DNC and to undermine Bush with every word. They're not worried about it, they arrogantly know their loyal moonbats and the elite aristocrats will read their claptrap. Anyone who believes the NY Times is "dumber than a bag of hammers."
Well, I'm sure people were upset when the pony express was done away with. And I remember when the first microwaves came out.
I haven't touched a newspaper in years. Hate getting the ink on my hands. Just use electronic media. Someday they'll just go the way of the dinosaurs. Matter of time.
or even "fair?"
Circulation does not tell the story. Advertising revenue tells the story and craigslist.com is KILLING them all. 50ish% of all newspaper revenue is classified ads. craigslist.com is free.
The Craig guy has been called the most powerful man in the newspaper business, and he's not in the newspaper business.
He is a liberal too, and it destroying these liberal newspapers. Their budgets are collapsing and so are reporter salaries.
What's to say the SLIMES hasn't fudged those numbers like they fudge, or publish wishfull thinking polls?
LOL, independent audit, anyone?
Only because Starbucks is building new shops. How else can they distribute more trash?
But its profits dropped dramatically.
Let's all hope these unbiased sources ignore these numbers and keep talking.
I cannot conceive of better news than this. I hope they starve to death, and I hope their KIDS starve to death.
I thought that was pronounced Atlanta Urinal-Constipation.
Recently, I've taken to calling businesses that advertise in our local fish-wrap and asking them if the reporting/editorials therein accurately reflect their positions. It's been an eye-opening experience on both sides.
I can't help but think that, if more folks started challenging advertisers in this way, it might hasten the demise of the print media.
Seems like a few months ago that the way newspapers calculated circulation numbers was under attack from their financial backers. Could this be an adjustment resulting from that criticism or has that adjustment already taken place?
"After the election in 2004, liberals who have infested places across the U.S. took advantage of deals for the SLIMES."
The Slimes has put a full court press on out-of-states. At least every month, I get a solicitation in the mail (I live in Sacramento, CA) from the Slimes offering a subscription at basically nothing. I write on it: "I wouldn't have your rag in my house if you paid me" and send it back in the postage-paid envelope, and yet they keep on coming. If their circulation is in fact up (which I doubt), this is why: they're giving their paper away.