Skip to comments.Liberal/Progressive Talking Points 1960 to Present
Posted on 07/28/2006 8:19:37 AM PDT by jennivinson
Liberal/Progressive Talking Points 1960 to Present
By Jenni Vinson Trejo
July 28, 2006
It might seem a daunting task to catalogue anything over a span that encompasses six decades, but Liberals have made it easy since not much has changed in their Agenda and Talking Points over the past six decades. The only major change weve seen from them is that they used to be just Liberals and now they want to add Progressive to their title
This era of Liberal/Progressiveness began as a counter culture revolution to the Vietnam War. The younger generation, unwilling to fight and possibly die in a war mired by politics, had taken to the streets in rebellion against the government. Democrats saw the energy and momentum of these young Americans and opted to ally with them in hopes of solidifying a stronger voter base and in hopes of ushering in social changes.
The alliance proved overwhelming for the Democrats. The revolutionist would not be satisfied until the fabric of the country would completely torn, burned away and replaced with their own.
According to NARAL, Move-0n.org, The CRIT Society, ACLU, Green Peace, Sierra Club, the DNC, the National Organization for Women, Karl Marx, Noam Chomsky, Margaret Sanger, Planned Parenthood and a host of other Liberal sites, writers and publications, the Liberal/Progressives exist to:
1.To oppose the Constitution because it is based on a belief in God Almighty.
2.To eradicate marriage which they see an institution of slavery to men, women and to children.
3.To free women from the confines of marriage and the domination of men.
4.To free children from the confines of parents. They established through the court systems that the government is the ultimate parent in any given household and not mom or dad. Government can and will intervene in the raising, disciplining, education and even medical treatment of any and all American children.
5.To break down the conventional family unit because Anything conventional and or normal needed to go and because of the afore mentioned slavery issues.
6.To allow free sexuality in all forms. The epitome of Liberal expression and definition can be found in what happened in the muddy farm field at Woodstock when the enlightened and freed souls rolled in the mud in various states of drunkenness, engaging in sexual activities with whomever. From the combined need to break down families, marriage and to allow for all expressions of sexuality comes the Liberal/Progressive notion towards same sex marriages. Ironically, they hate marriage but they fight for Gays to have it!
7.To make drug use legal.
8.To establish equal rights for men and women in all aspects, with the caveat that you can be equal but you are not allowed to exceed anyone. That would alter the balance of their socialism. Still this didnt keep the Feminist Liberals from demanding rights for women at the expense of men and children.
9.To provide freedom of choice in reproduction so long as the woman has all the choices and all of the rights and men get left out of the matter (after conception that is) and children are, of course, killed.
10.To protect the environment from humans even if some humans have to die so the trees and the owls and the bugs can live. Michael McCloskey of the Sierra Club explained that it is okay if thousands of Africans die of malaria and other mosquito born diseases because their deaths help the environment.
11.To thwart population growth. Their goal is ZERO population growth. They would like humans all around the world to stop producing offspring.
12.To establish civil rights for all mankind in America. No matter where your citizenship is, you will be treated to all civil rights as an American even if you arent American.
13.To defend a persons right to die. What they really advocate is the right to kill. Most euthanasia cases require that someone else kill a person. They dont advocate suicide, they want assisted deaths.
14.To eradicate religion. Any expression of faith in Judeo-Christian values is deemed to be fanatical. But Judeo-Christian religion has to move aside for their Humanist religion.
15.To commandeer the public school system as a means of indoctrinating Americans.
16.To ensure that Universities remain a breeding ground for Liberal notions, no matter how radical or how lacking in educational value.
17.To usurp the judicial/legal system. Many of the Counter Culture Revolutionists opted to go into Law so they could change the system from within.
18.To evermore be against the norm and status quo. No matter how much they accomplishthey is still so much to be against.
19.To be suspicious of all government even theirs.
20.To thwart the spread of capitalism. Corporations are the enemy. Money is a means to an end. The value of a dollar is measured only in what they can accomplish with it.
21.To ban handguns. Self protection is not necessary when you can call on them. And hunting is just wrong. Kill the unborn babies, but leave Bambi alone!
22.To modernize the U.S. militarynot with weapons but through social engineering, like gays in the military and co-ed barracks.
23.To care and direct the lives of Americans from the cradle to the grave. They tell when if you can be born and when you should hang it up and die.
24.To keep a culture of entitlements. The only way to keep the masses beholden to them is to supply them continually with what they "need".
25.To ensure an atmosphere of fear and dire consequences to any and all who disagree with their assessment. The sky is always on the verge of falling in the Liberal Camp. Its Global Cooling one day and then Global Warming the next. The trees are all about to die and the tsunamis will wash us all away. The animals will all go extinct while we all die because the cows passed gas and coupled with our BBQ fires and aerosols, the ozone got depleted. Liberal/Progressives are such a fun group!
Im sure I missed a few of the Liberal/Progressive Talking points. There is no one place where they are outlined, except for now that they will reside on my web page. Liberals and progressives dont want America to see what they stand for. They are a scary bunch. This is why Conservatives talk about them so much. We try to shed light on what they want for our lives and for the lives of your children and grandchildren.
Liberal/Progressives were not just summarily dismissed. America gave them a shot. Its been sixty years and they didnt prove that their way was better, compassionate or even logical.
So, Im Jenni Vinson Trejo. Liberal/Progressive Talking Points 1960- Present is My Opinion. Thank you for listening.
mark for reference, thanks.
Which means you nailed 'em. Good job!
A few more:
Return us to a hunter-gatherer, urban farming, live-organic type of lifestyle. Grow your own vegetables.
Ban the military because the depth of liberal thinking on these matters is that "war is bad."
Remove our right to own handguns.
Abolish advanced types of technology because technology comes about because of capitalism and, leftists hate capitalism.
Congressional Record--Appendix, pp. A34-A35
January 10, 1963
Current Communist Goals
EXTENSION OF REMARKS OF HON. A. S. HERLONG, JR. OF FLORIDA
IN THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES
Thursday, January 10, 1963
CURRENT COMMUNIST GOALS
1. U.S. acceptance of coexistence as the only alternative to atomic war.
2. U.S. willingness to capitulate in preference to engaging in atomic war.
3. Develop the illusion that total disarmament [by] the United States would be a demonstration of moral strength.
4. Permit free trade between all nations regardless of Communist affiliation and regardless of whether or not items could be used for war.
5. Extension of long-term loans to Russia and Soviet satellites.
6. Provide American aid to all nations regardless of Communist domination.
7. Grant recognition of Red China. Admission of Red China to the U.N.
8. Set up East and West Germany as separate states in spite of Khrushchev's promise in 1955 to settle the German question by free elections under supervision of the U.N.
9. Prolong the conferences to ban atomic tests because the United States has agreed to suspend tests as long as negotiations are in progress.
10. Allow all Soviet satellites individual representation in the U.N.
11. Promote the U.N. as the only hope for mankind. If its charter is rewritten, demand that it be set up as a one-world government with its own independent armed forces. (Some Communist leaders believe the world can be taken over as easily by the U.N. as by Moscow. Sometimes these two centers compete with each other as they are now doing in the Congo.)
12. Resist any attempt to outlaw the Communist Party.
13. Do away with all loyalty oaths.
14. Continue giving Russia access to the U.S. Patent Office.
15. Capture one or both of the political parties in the United States.
16. Use technical decisions of the courts to weaken basic American institutions by claiming their activities violate civil rights.
17. Get control of the schools. Use them as transmission belts for socialism and current Communist propaganda. Soften the curriculum. Get control of teachers' associations. Put the party line in textbooks.
18. Gain control of all student newspapers.
19. Use student riots to foment public protests against programs or organizations which are under Communist attack.
20. Infiltrate the press. Get control of book-review assignments, editorial writing, policymaking positions.
21. Gain control of key positions in radio, TV, and motion pictures.
22. Continue discrediting American culture by degrading all forms of artistic expression. An American Communist cell was told to "eliminate all good sculpture from parks and buildings, substitute shapeless, awkward and meaningless forms."
23. Control art critics and directors of art museums. "Our plan is to promote ugliness, repulsive, meaningless art."
24. Eliminate all laws governing obscenity by calling them "censorship" and a violation of free speech and free press.
25. Break down cultural standards of morality by promoting pornography and obscenity in books, magazines, motion pictures, radio, and TV.
26. Present homosexuality, degeneracy and promiscuity as "normal, natural, healthy."
27. Infiltrate the churches and replace revealed religion with "social" religion. Discredit the Bible and emphasize the need for intellectual maturity which does not need a "religious crutch."
28. Eliminate prayer or any phase of religious expression in the schools on the ground that it violates the principle of "separation of church and state."
29. Discredit the American Constitution by calling it inadequate, old-fashioned, out of step with modern needs, a hindrance to cooperation between nations on a worldwide basis.
30. Discredit the American Founding Fathers. Present them as selfish aristocrats who had no concern for the "common man."
31. Belittle all forms of American culture and discourage the teaching of American history on the ground that it was only a minor part of the "big picture." Give more emphasis to Russian history since the Communists took over.
32. Support any socialist movement to give centralized control over any part of the culture--education, social agencies, welfare programs, mental health clinics, etc.
33. Eliminate all laws or procedures which interfere with the operation of the Communist apparatus.
34. Eliminate the House Committee on Un-American Activities.
35. Discredit and eventually dismantle the FBI.
36. Infiltrate and gain control of more unions.
37. Infiltrate and gain control of big business.
38. Transfer some of the powers of arrest from the police to social agencies. Treat all behavioral problems as psychiatric disorders which no one but psychiatrists can understand [or treat].
39. Dominate the psychiatric profession and use mental health laws as a means of gaining coercive control over those who oppose Communist goals.
40. Discredit the family as an institution. Encourage promiscuity and easy divorce.
41. Emphasize the need to raise children away from the negative influence of parents. Attribute prejudices, mental blocks and retarding of children to suppressive influence of parents.
42. Create the impression that violence and insurrection are legitimate aspects of the American tradition; that students and special-interest groups should rise up and use ["]united force["] to solve economic, political or social problems.
43. Overthrow all colonial governments before native populations are ready for self-government.
44. Internationalize the Panama Canal.
45. Repeal the Connally reservation so the United States cannot prevent the World Court from seizing jurisdiction [over domestic problems. Give the World Court jurisdiction] over nations and individuals alike.
I'd still like to know how their skewed, socialistic, and pathetic 'big-government knows best' agenda ever came to be defined as 'progressive'.
Excellent exposure of the ACLU and their radical friends.
I'm a former Democrat, and the issues that chased me to the Reagan led GOP in 1978 were:
1. Safety. Liberals were releasing murderers, rapists, and every kind of parasite into the streets with more rights than I had. You couldn't let your wife and daughters go to the market in California during the late seventies. The Freeway Killer, the Hillside Stranglers, and Bittaker and Norris were on the loose. Liberals weren't for punishing anyone. But they did want our guns.
2. Foreign Policy. Liberals love dictators. They love genocide, as long as the genocide is from the left. For all the trashing of our country and undermining our Vietnam effort, the liberals thought Nixon and Agnew were the enemies instead of Mao, the Pathet Lao, and Pol Pot. They would have merged this country with the Soviet Union in a NY minute as long as they got to call the shots.
3. Equality. (Now political correctness) Democrats make criminals and parasites their pets. The underclass is encouraged to be both, but remain Democrat voters. Any discussion of protected races and groups is shouted down and labeled bigotry.
4. Taxes. Liberals are like an offended ex. Their money is their money and your money is their money. They would have us all living at the Salvation Army and clamoring for scraps after working 40-80 hour weeks. They would give us free medication too, but that's a new thing.
5. Perversion. The gays are everywhere, despite being very small in numbers. 1978 San Francisco has been mainstreamed.
6. Elitism. We drove old cars. California had this racket going requiring smog devices on older vehicles. The devices sucked the life out of both our engines and we had no car. We were poor as mice and the liberal government made us poorer through rules and regs and laws and fees and taxes.
I had been a typical let the good times roll Democrat until I took my wife and baby daughter to live in Jerry Brown and Rose Bird's California. It changed me forever.
Can't conservatives do better than this type of trash? This is just as shill and paranoid-sounding as the liberals who rattle off the reasons why Bush is evil. Many "media conservatives" (Sean Hannity, Ann Coulter, etc) have dragged the debate down into the mud. Rush can still talk a good game, but most of the rest of them rely on the same "the liberals are evil" and "the liberals hate America" talking points. It's garbage. Sure a lot most liberal ideas suck, but most liberals are good people with good intentions. Instead of launching into cheap attacks, we should be challening their approach to policy (i.e. explaining basic economics) and explaining why more government is not the solution.
Furthermore, I'm sick and tired of conservatism being defined by narrow Christian Right type views. The vast majority of these points fall into that category. Also, as for #19 - conservatives are suspicious of all government, not liberals. And a lot of conservatives favor drug legalization too (just look on drug-related threads here on FR), so I don't know why you consider that a liberal view.
These types of cheap shots may gain a few laughs and a few votes by appealing to the stupid and ignorant, but they will hurt the cause of conservatism in the long run. We should be defining conservatism in a more intellectual light and convincing intelligent people why conservative ideas are better, rather than pandering to idiots.
7.To make drug use legal.
Some leftists may pay lip service to drug legalization, and people like Soros may fund some drug law reform efforts, but the truth is that comitted lefties are the world's most zealous drug warriors. History supports this -- the Harrison Narcotics Act (which enacted prohibition on cocaine and heroin) was passed in 1914 during the Wilson administration, and the Marihuana Tax Act was passed in 1937 during the FDR administration.
And communist dictators and their henchman were notorious teetotalers that had little tolerance for their subjects using substances that would dull revolutionary fervor. Che Guevara, for instance, was a dour, humorless murderer who despised drug and alcohol use (oh, the irony of seeing hippies wearing t-shirts with Che's mug on them!), and often killed his cohorts that happened to indulge too often.
So, it's pretty clear that if the left ever achieved power, they would declare a War on Drugs that would dwarf anything we've ever seen to date. And in reality, very few Democrat politicians even give drug law reform lip service, unless they can demagogue it for some other reason (eg. Maxine Waters' attempt to change the crack-to-powder disparity in sentencing for cocaine trafficking, because blacks are disproportionately affected). Let's face it: the War on Drugs cedes an incredible amount of police power to the federal government - it's doubtful that the Left would ever want to give that up.
Bookmarking for NUKETHELEFT ping list when I get home from work.
Thnaks for the thread, jennivinson
Great job up until this point. I think you let them off way to easy. Their airhead ideas have caused incredible damage to our society and they should be called on it.
We ALL should be suspicous of government- especially theirs.
While it's true that the Left cannot tolerate rival authority in any area, religion included, I believe the true reason they oppose our Constitution is because it limits the power of government, thus removing socialism from complete consideration in this country.
In fact, all the rest of the points listed are meant to destroy the fabric of the country so that socialism can be instituted to "save the day."
My 2 cents.
Having said that, yes, I can imagine how that list of talking points, all of which are accurate, would make a liberal go ballistic. And I've got just the people to try it out on. Thanks.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.