There is an old song "everybody wants to rule the world"
This is true, but almost everyone except the islamo nut cases have figured out that it is not going to happen.
No one is going to rule the world. Every one needs to get that through one's head.
I don't think they despise "Judeo-Christian values," considering their stance on Homosexuality and worship (Heck they all loved The Passion), it's more like they despise our secular values.
Yes -- I said DESTROYED... ..
1. All Jews dead.
2. All Christians serfs in a World Caliphate.
3. Female brutalization, subjegation, and sexual mutilation.
4. The US destroyed.
That's all, folks!
As good as anything Oliver North has ever said. Thanks Ollie. BTTT!
Who cares what they want? They should be worried about what we want.
I believe this would significantly improve our strategic position in the War on Terror.
We should destroy the Iranian oil industry. By Bombing all oil transportation facilities, pipelines, storage tanks, tanker trucks, rolling stock, refinerys etc we can cripple the funding of numerous terrorist organizations, Hezbollah, Hamas, Sadrs militia, Syria, as well as make it more difficult for Iran to buy missiles and such from North Korea, China, and Russia.
It would remove Irans threat that if we attack they will shut off the oil. Making the threat ridiculous and demonstrating that they are a single product state and without oil, and no other product that the world wants, they are nothing. Additionally, by declaring that we will destroy any reconstituting oil industry as long as the Mullacracy remains in charge, we can focus the Iranians blame for the situation, on the Theocracy and their support of Terrorism.
This will also bring home to all the other oil producing countries like Venezuela, Libya, Saudi Arabia, the Gulf States, etc that they are very vulnerable to the same tactic.
In addition, this will gain us time for the Iraqis to stand on their own, and free up troops we would need if we have to go into Iran, North Korea or somewhere else.
Sure the price of gas will rise, but this will also demonstrate to the world that the USA is not in Iraq for the Oil, and the onus can be shifted on to the Democrats for not allowing more domestic production.
Its not the control of the spice but the power to destroy the spice that is the real power.
It has recently been said that the nuclear production facilities in Iran are so deep underground that we cant reach them with conventional weapons. Perhaps so, but maybe we can starve those facilities of funds. Nuclear weapons are terribly expensive to build, and if Iran now needs all its money to repair vital life supporting infrastructure, it may have to slow or stop its attempt to build an atomic bomb.
Finally, Iran is a state sponsor of Terrorists, it must be punished, and it must be seen to be punished. Irans continued sponsorship of terror is a slap in Americas and President Bushs face, and it must be answered.
The following was written in response to an objection I received about having to pay more for fuel if this strategy was followed.
I think you are overly concerned about the economic considerations, and not concerned enough about the need to prosecute the War on Terror to the utmost.
1. The US has a full Strategic Petroleum Reserve of 700 million Barrels, and we aren't the only nation with an SPR. What good is it if you never use it? The average price paid on that 700 million barrels was $27, so the nation would actually make a profit selling it now.
2. The only reason the US isn't energy independent now is because of political factors. 2 Trillion Barrels of oil in oil shale (see www.oiltechinc.com). Any organic matter can be turned into fuel (see www.powerenergy.com). The US would and should be using much more Nuclear power if it wasn't for the Ecofreaks. There are also many areas in the US that are now off limits to drilling. All it takes is the political will to develop all of these. Higher fuel prices will provide that political pressure.
3. Iran is using diplomatic processes, just like the Nazi's before them. Talking is a waste of our time.
4. Iran subsidizes gas at $.10 a gallon, so by destroying the Iranian oil industry not only do we instantly remove 20% of their GDP. We put them all on foot, and in the dark.
5. The mullahs want to take their world back to the 7th century, we should assist them.
Iran exports 2.5 million barrels of oil a day, Iranian as well as the rest of the Persian gulf oil producers, produce what is called heavy sour crude which typically sell for 20%-25% less than the benchmark sweet light crude quoted on the spot markets. So, with that understanding we can roughly calculate the gross income Irans economy generates from oil exports. At a price of $75 Barrel Iran will get 80% of that price for its low grade crude, or $60. $60 x $2.5 million barrels x 365 days = $54.75 billion. Now from the CIA world fact book we can see that Iran has a GNP of $564 billion. So by destroying Irans oil industry their GDP is cut by 10% just from the lost of exports, but the damage is much deeper than that. Iran subsidizes gasoline at $.10 a gallon and Iran consumes 1.425 million barrels of oil a day. With the oil industry destroyed the cars, trucks, trains, and power plants no longer run. That means no machinery, no electricity, and no modern economy. I cant estimate what Irans GDP would decline to, but the poorest nation on earth still has cars and electricity. I think much of the population would either revolt or start walking for the boarders. They couldnt import oil because we would destroy tankers, pipelines, and rolling stock.
They want the world. What they will come away with is a dung heap of their own ashes.
Juan Williams yesterday had the nerve to say with a straight face that the fact that we are tied down in IRAQ means we can't provide the troops necessary to get between the Izzies and the hexbos in Lebanon.
1) We have the troops
2) Those divisions we have in Iraq are right where we want them to be.
3) We can never put troops in South Lebanon unless we mean to invade and occupy. The hezbos would just look at us as something to attack. That's what happened in 1982, as far as that goes.
I also heard some bum on Fox say the following of the Marine Barracks Bombing -- "That was a long time ago." I don't forget about things like that.
Culture of death and ddestruction. Muslims offer nothing.