Free Republic
Browse · Search
News/Activism
Topics · Post Article


1 posted on 10/18/2006 7:12:19 PM PDT by Panerai
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | View Replies ]


To: Panerai
The ad is drawing fire from women who support Patrick and victim advocates who said the Republican candidate for governor is pandering to women's fears in an attempt to draw votes and is ignoring the fact that the vast number of sexual assaults are committed by relatives or acquaintances, not strangers.

LaGuer was convicted of holding hostage and raping a 59-year-old neighbor in 1983.

Eh, looks like the rapist was an aquantance after all, thanks NOW for making our point.

2 posted on 10/18/2006 7:44:16 PM PDT by YdontUleaveLibs (Reason is out to lunch. How may I help you?)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies ]

To: Panerai
DNA testing has become the end all, be all, of trials. If there's not a DNA test, the results are in doubt, and if there has been, it's officers cheating or something else.

I remember one group pushing a poll done of prison inmates with the banner of "60% of inmates wrongly convicted" 60% of inmates self-identified themselves as being innocent. Makes me seriously wonder what was wrong with the other 40% - was their crime videotaped, dna tests conducted, and two jurors present during the crime (for which they'll be appealing their presence on the jury?)

Why any politician would get involved with a rapist is just plain stupid. That it was a liberal suckered in is hardly surprising.

Don't associate with criminals if you don't want it to come back and bite you in the butt. The ad is truthful, unlike many liberal ones, and perfectly on point - governors pardon people, and had he felt the person was so innocent as to risk his political career to push a rapist, then obviously he would have been let free well before any DNA tests were done.

Sorry, ladies, but it's a fair ad, it relates what happened, and were this a Republican, you'd be cheering in the streets (and tacking on the charge that he wouldn't have permitted the raped woman from having an abortion.)
3 posted on 10/18/2006 8:08:27 PM PDT by kingu (No, I don't use sarcasm tags - it confuses people.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies ]

Free Republic
Browse · Search
News/Activism
Topics · Post Article


FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson