Skip to comments.Ten reasons to vote for Topinka (Vanity)
Posted on 11/06/2006 8:17:48 PM PST by Mr. Silverback
I have maligned her, if you can indeed malign a liberal pro-abort. I've referred to her quite often as "Blago in a dress." I even--boy, this was painful--voted for the clueless "Taliban Jim" Oberweis in an effort to keep her away from the nomination. But tomorrow I will be putting a clothespin on my nose and voting for Judy Baar Topinka, and here are the reasons why:
1. Blagojevich forced pharmacists to fill prescriptions that they felt were murderous. Topinka, while believing that the scripts should be filled, has said that if she had been governor she would have met with pharmacists to try to find a compromise. The difference between those two positions is the difference between being a fascist and being merely wrong.
2. Topinka opposes using taxpayer dollars to pay for abortions. Blagojevich is happy to foot the bill.
3. Topinka supports parental notification. In answer to a Daily Herald questionnaire on the issue, she wrote: "Today, a child in Illinois cannot be given an aspirin at school without parental approval, but we would allow that same child to go to a stranger and have an invasive medical procedure without her family even being informed." Meanwhile, if some 22 year old wants to bring his 13 year old girlfriend to the local abortuary no questions asked, Blago gives it the big thumbs-up.
4. Topinka supports a school choice tax credit to help people afford to take their kids out of government schools. Blago is dead set against it.
5. Topinka supports filters on school and library Internet systems. Blago opposes them.
6. Topinka is 100% solid on 2nd Amendment rights. Blago even called her a shill for the NRA. They endorsed her four years ago, and they are endorsing her today.
7. Consider the undying love Blago got for his fascist approach to pharmacists, and the derision Topinka gets for agreeing with most Americans on parental notification and taxpayer-funded child-killing:
Outside of the state of Illinois, he is known as one of the most pro-choice governors and has done more to protect womens reproductive health than just about anyone. ...[Topinka's] trying to have it both ways and it isnt going to fly."--Terry Cosgrove, president of Chicago-based Personal PAC, a hardcore pro-abortion special interest.
8. Planned Parenthood has endorsed Blagojevich. They know which candidate will be best for their business.
9. Blago wants to pour millions into useless and ethically dismal embryonic stem cell research. This would be irresponsible at any time, but during the current budget crisis it's insane. Topinka has called Blago's actions "deceptive" and said she would not spend any more money on stem cell research until the budget crisis is solved.
10. Blago feels that parents should be out of the loop on mental health screenings of their kids. Topinka wants strict parental consent.
We are going to have a liberal governor here in Illinois for the next four years. That is simply reality. The question is, will we have a governor who wants to take our guns and use our money to kill babies? Will we have a governor who thinks parents should be parents, or one who wants the state or Planned Parenthood to do that job for them? That's our choice. Vote accordingly, my FRiends, and take a good-hearted Illinoisan to the polls with you.
What does "Me Too" have to do with my post?
Do you believe that Muslim taxi cab drivers shouldn't allow people carrying alcohol in their cabs?
Im going to vote for her, but her stand against concealed carry sucks.
How about your #13
"And if enough people follow your lead,"
Well if we ALL follow your lead, we end up with a RINO.
If we ALL follow Randy's lead, we end up with a conservative.
Seems like you all are on the wrong boat.
Time to jump ship. We'll be here to rescue you.
I'm with you, pal.
Perhaps when Topinka loses we will get some reform here. I'm sick of the Democrat Democrats running against the Republican Democrats.
She will be the only vote I ignore on the ballot.
Sorry, posted to the wrong person.
If the Muslim owns the cab, he can ban them if he wants, because (brace yourself for bizarre concept) it's his cab. If he works for someone else, it's between him and his employer, and his employer should not be forced into a decision in ither direction by the State because (brace yourself for bizarre concept) it's his cab company.
In a similar fashion, the government has no business telling a pharmacist to violate his religion. You're Jewish, IIRC...would you like the government to force you to eat a certain amount of pork each year?
I'll be punching every R I can find on the Illinois ballot tomorrow. The time for RINO hunting is the primiaries.
Every time a conservative is behind a RINO, they and their followers pull out the specious "If we'd all just vote for this guy" argument. Maybe you guys should have gotten this done in the primary, God knows ui was trying to get people off Brady so Oberweis would have a chance, but they were all so "principled" they insisted on handing Judy the election.
Time to live in the real world. Topinka or Blago will be giving a victory speech tomorrow night, Decide whether your vote will help the Planned Parenthood candidate or the NRA candidate.
Dang man, you couldn't find a better pic of her than that? She should sue!
If JBT becomes governor, she will help supply money to the Combine, thus ensuring its continued existence. Far better to throw Combine candidates out the window until the Combine lets go of the GOP.
I'd vote for her in a heartbeat, but I don't think it'll matter, unfortunately. Blago's gonna win anyway.
Illinois is third to New Jersey and Lousiana in how much corruption they are willing to accept.
Hope I'm wrong. I wish wazzhisname, the former R Governor before Ryan, had run. He'd have murdered Blago.
Yah...that Alan Keys guy worked out great! [/sarcasm]
Not much of a backbone when it comes to Concealed Carry:
Exerpt from Chi-Trib
In the contest for governor, meanwhile, Gov. Rod Blagojevich said his barrage of attack TV ads against Republican Judy Baar Topinka is only an effort to show voters how the two candidates differ on the issues. But Blagojevich's campaign on Tuesday also used claims made in a Downstate gun-rights newsletter to claim Topinka supports allowing citizens to carry concealed firearms.
In a recent issue of the Gun News, a group member reported that Topinka had said in a conversation that she would sign a concealed-carry bill "as soon as the legislature could get it to her desk."
Campaigning in the southwest suburbs, Topinka said she was opposed to so-called concealed-carry laws and was shocked by the governor's allegation. But when asked if she would veto a concealed-carry bill if it passed the legislature, she said she "probably would, yes."
Later, she said, she was adamantly opposed to concealed-carry laws
"I don't support concealed-carry. Period," she said.
Blagojevich's latest accusation against Topinka came as the Democratic governor received the endorsement of the Brady Campaign to Prevent Handgun Violence.
But Topinka on Tuesday said she has been consistent on the campaign trail in her opposition to laws that would allow some citizens to carry concealed weapons.
Now Randy's position:
YES, I support Conceal Carry legislation!!
Well actually, there is only one gun law that I fully support and that is the Second Amendment to the Constitution of the United States of America. The second amendment says, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed. I am strongly opposed to any regulations, state or federal that in anyway restrict or hamper this right. Notice that it says KEEP and BEAR arms. This amendment does not put restrictions on how the arm should be kept, nor does it restrict the American Citizen from bearing it as well. Further, it should be noted that Bearing Arms means the right to use them. This has nothing to do with hunting. Rather this refers to the right to protect our liberties as mentioned in the Declaration of Independence and throughout the rest of our Bill of Rights. How do I know this? The clause just before the one mentioned above, states: being necessary to the security of a free State (emphasis mine). Using arms for security strongly implies the use of arms for self-protection.
An amendment regarding the subjugation of this right by the Illinois State Constitution is needed. According to Article I, Section 22 of the constitution, Subject only to the police power, the right of the individual citizen to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.
I would support an amendment to the Illinois State Constitution to remove the words Subject only to the police power. The current language of this clause is disturbingly dangerous, since police power could mean almost anything, especially in a time of crisis, when our rights mean the most. We are about one major terrorist attack from become a total police state as it is. The President of the United States is continually pushing for more power to act without the consent of the Congress in times of crisis and the legislature seems intent on giving it to him. This is exactly the sort of thing that our founding fathers warned against. It is this sort of tyranny that we need guard against. This clause in the Illinois State Constitution is a very dangerous provision and must be rescinded. It violates our civil rights to keep and bear arms as guaranteed by the United States Constitution.
However, I do support instant background checks as a means of deterring convicted felons and those convicted of violent crimes from readily accessing weapons. These people have given up (vacated) their rights when they committed the crimes. I further support legislation that would prevent the federal, state or any other governmental agency from maintaining any form of arms registration.
As Governor of Illinois, I stand for the peoples right, not only to keep arms, but also to bear arms. I will support the right to carry concealed arms.
I can only think of one: To get rid of BLAGO, not that they are much different!!
I was going to do that too, but I feel a vote for Stufflebeam, is helping BLAGO!
He'd have a chance if he wasn't a write-in. It's a wasted vote to vote for him, although I prefer him, he's not going to win.