Skip to comments.Eco-Extremist Wants World Population to Drop below 1 Billion [BIG TIME BARF ALERT]
Posted on 05/07/2007 9:28:40 AM PDT by MotleyGirl70
Apparently, saving the whales is more important than saving 5.5 billion people. Paul Watson, founder and president of the Sea Shepherd Conservation Society and famous for militant intervention to stop whalers, now warns mankind is acting like a virus and is harming Mother Earth.
Watsons May 4 editorial asked the question The Beginning of the End for Life as We Know it on Planet Earth? Then he left no doubt about the answer. We are killing our host the planet Earth, he claimed and called for a population drop to less than 1 billion.
The commentary reminded readers that Watson had called humans a disease before and he wasnt sorry. I was once severely criticized for describing human beings as being the AIDS of the Earth. I make no apologies for that statement, the column continued.
Watson was invoking the worst of Robert Malthus, an English political economist who claimed that mankind was overpopulating the earth. That claimed first appeared in the late 1700s. Watson urged some solutions for mankind as part of a process to need to re-wild the planet:
· No human community should be larger than 20,000 people and separated from other communities by wilderness areas. New York, London, Paris, Moscow are all too big. Then again, so are Moose Jaw, Timbuktu and even Annapolis, Md.
· We need vast areas of the planet where humans do not live at all and where other species are free to evolve without human interference.
· We need to radically and intelligently reduce human populations to fewer than one billion.
· Sea transportation should be by sail. The big clippers were the finest ships ever built and sufficient to our needs. Air transportation should be by solar powered blimps when air transportation is necessary.
· At least Watson was generous and said people could still talk with one another across great distances. Communication systems can link the communities, he proclaimed from on high.
The Watson rant kept on going calling for everything from cutting down on the population of domesticated dogs and cats to cutting down on everything else in what he called simplify, simplify, simplify.
Watson essentially called for humans to return to primitive lifestyles. We need to stop flying, stop driving cars, and jetting around on marine recreational vehicles. The Mennonites survive without cars and so can the rest of us.
Meanwhile, I just plan to go about my business.
Tell you what, Watson, why don’t you off yourself as an example to others and leave the rest of us alone?
let them put themselves where thier mouths are. lead by example y’know
Lets start the reductions with this charlatan, shall we?
This clown should be the first to volunteer to make the ‘sacrifice’ to lower our population.
These Club of Rome navel-gazers are looking the wrong way. Repeal the Treaty and let us develop the resources of outer space.
No- they "only" want your last-born child not to exist... It's for the greater good of course....
Better yet, gather up all of your "friends" and give them some Kool-Aid. It would be a good start.
Perhaps Mr. Watson could make himself an example.
Most of the planet is quite empty - more Geographic ignorance displayed by these Miscreants. That’s why they don’t want a real solution for starvation and Malaria deaths (DDT) - the only good African is a dead African in these bizarre minds. If only they could just die more quickly and less miserably, then we wouldn’t have to be so guilty. (you do know I am being sarcastic).
You first ...
...the Mennonites survive without cars...
...uh,not quite...many Mennonites drive, as long as the cars are black and the chrome is painted black...and many Amish depend on ‘English’ driving them to and from work sites...
Kissinger once croaked, “The planet’s ideal population of humans would be two hundred million.”
Yo! Watson! You first! And take all your Berkenstock weenies with you.