Skip to comments.STOP AMNESTY NOW!! WE CAN DO IT!!
Posted on 05/16/2007 10:25:05 PM PDT by Cacique
click here to read article
Call Your Senators Today!
Capitol Switchboard: (202) 224-3121
Toll free: 1-888-534-6226
So right! And they're a problem in post hurricane New Orleans as well. Why rent to a family who wants to come home when you can get 10 times that with 25 aliens in the place....
$$$$$ means more to them than their souls.
As always you are right on the mark! I find the part where the families can be brought here also on “temporary visas” troubling as well. Just what we need! More of a strain on our social service, medical and school budgets here in California!
I think you’re taking one answer and giving it to a seperate question. There are too many votes by Hunter and floor speeches about not issuing more visas, etc. over the years to say he doesn’t ‘get’ the immigration problem. Perhaps there is one aspect he will check on further or stats given him he wasn’t familiar with. I’m sure I know more about the entire immigration situation than Hunter does, or any of them for that matter. But I don’t know zip about the military and that end that he does or trade or on and on.
Bottom line, Duncan Hunter has accomplished more to secure this country than any politician I can think of.
AuntB, Cacique, thanks for your efforts.
Thanks for the bump. We still have time, but very little. We need to contact dem congressmen that represent blue collar union districts. Get their constituents on board. Call your local police and fire and ambulance unions. We just might be able to stop it in congress. We must not make the mistake of viewing this as just a conservative issue or we lose.
I agree. I’ve sent a gaggle of emails already. More to come.
Because of a shortage of LAPD officers in Los Angeles, Mayor Tony Vee now is cooking up a deal with Tijuana to have Mexico “loan” police officers to LAPD! Aaargh!!!
That is sick!
Missed this earlier post of yours. A guy [Rector?] was on the radio earlier today saying that the so called “chain” immigration will be far more extensive [worse] than what the politicians are saying. Why does that not surprise me. Disappoint, yes. Surprise, no.
The whole thing is one big nightmare! It’s so frustrating...like watching a train wreck and being helpless to stop it!
Newt put forth a serious immigration plan on Fox the other day ,
So far he is the only “likely” nominee I could vote for
What good is any candidate when Bush wants to sign it into law before summer is out? The ruling elites are neither democrats or republicans, the parties have become shills. We need to stop this NOW!!!!
...man.....aint NOBODY gonna read any mail. Your plan is flawed. Letter writing campaigns are worthless. Nice try though
You miss the point, I don’t expect the to read anything. But there is a vast difference in impact from 1,000 postcards as opposed to 1,000 emails that can be erased with the click of a mouse. Perception is reality. You can kill a fly with a flyswatter, but if you really want to attract it’s attention use a sledgehammer.
Good point. I plan to do both.
General contact info for all Senatewhores and House of Ripoffs:
SENATE: Locate And Contact YOUR Senators HERE. http://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm
You have it exactly right. Thanks.
Please post your responses from congresspersons & senators in this thread or ping me or SOMETHING. I will tally the count with linked sources here: http://votecount.blogspot.com/
Not much real data in yet — I’m sure most Dems are a sure thing to vote for this, but I don’t have statements to link.
One thing for sure is that if this passes we,as a Nation, have had it. For any number of reasons.
One more thing. If Ted Kennedy and the Democrats are for it, you can bet the farm that it will be bad for us.
If this bill passes you can forget about 2008.
I seriously doubt if a fillibuster happens.
Both political parties, for different reasons, want this bill enacted into law.
This is the reason that they negotated in secret. They knew it would create a firestorm and did not want it publicized until the last second. They hope that it will be passed before serious opposition can be organized against it.
Time is not on our side on this one.
We can give hearburn to the senators and start working on the congresscritters. There are a lot of marginal democrats in blue collar union member districts that can be trageted. The rank and file oppose it. Some union leaders like the catholic church are salivating at new members. But the rank and file know vaseline when they see it.
God bless you - thank you for this awesome post, Cacique!
ping later read,, but WOW
Thank you so much for this post!!
B T T T
Why would anyone beat you up for saying that? Filibusters are intended EXACTLY for such bad bills.
Hmmm... if a few Republicans do attempt to mount a filibuster against the amnesty bill, and if it looks like it's going to "hold" .... might the 'rats try to use some kind of "nuclear option" this time, themselves, to break the filibuster and force the bill through?
Food for thought.
comparing "sending mail" as a sledgehammer? ....uh.....ok....yeah sure. Your plan is SURE to work!
Ok, so maybe it’s an exaggerated metaphor. Sue me.
[Two stories here. The only way to stop this might be for people to fax the following Senators tonight and tomorrow at the fax numbers listed at the end of this message. Especially use the district offices because those lines are less likely to be busy.]
Immigration Deal Would Grant Amnesty to Parents, Spouses and Children Kennedy Wins Major Concessions From Republicans By Bluey Posted in Featured Stories | Immigration Comments (63) / Email this page » / Leave a comment »
UPDATE: Six conservative senators are demanding that Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R.-Ky.) negotiate a full and open debate on the immigration legislation.
Senate Democrats and Republicans are working feverishly with the White House to put the finishing touches on an immigration proposal that could be announced later today or tomorrow. The deal would give illegal aliens living in the United States amnesty, according to confidential sources. It would also allow illegal aliens to bring their parents, spouses and children into the United States.
Multiple sources on Capitol Hill with knowledge of the proposal said Sen. Teddy Kennedy (D.-Mass.) has been able to extract significant concessions from Republicans. The critical part of the deal is a lengthy section that spells out the provisions related to Z visas or what my sources described as the Amnesty Title of the bill. The Z visas would be broken down into three categories as follows:
Z-1 Illegal alien present and working in the United States up to January 1, 2007
Z-2 Parents and spouses of illegal aliens qualifying under the Z-1 category
Z-3 Children of illegal aliens qualifying under the Z-1 category
Read on ...
One section of the proposal grants these Z non-immigrants four-year visas for an indefinite period of time. These visas would be given to people not currently in the United States if they are related to a current illegal worker.
Sources indicate that these aliens, along with their dependents, would be allowed to legally remain in the United States under certain conditions for an indefinite period of time, even if they chose not to pursue the so called pathway to citizenship.
The burden of proof would be low for illegal aliens to prove that they were continually illegally present in United States. This provision would reward the illegal alien for proving continual illegal presence and illegal employment in the United States with a Z visa. This provision in the Kennedy deal, approved by some Republicans, is clearly amnesty under any definition, according to immigration experts whom I consulted.
The proposal would require illegal immigrants to pay a fine to apply for the Z visa, but despite that penalty, conservatives are likely characterize this deal as a major sell out to Kennedy and his pro-amnesty allies.
Wednesday, May 16, 2007
A Disaster: The GOP Caves On Border Security Posted by Hugh Hewitt | 6:32 PM
Word is leaking that the GOP in the Senate are on the verge of agreeing to an immigration bill that has as a concession to the GOP less than half of the fencing promised by law last year.
White flag time on the border, and a national security and thus a political disaster.
The GOP are sending around talking points attempting to make this compromise defensible, but it wont and shouldnt fly. Agreeing to it takes the party down the tubes on the issue of border security because it doesnt provide what the public understands to be border security, a very long, very high fence with a very wide gate.
This is McCains continuing gift to the GOP, and the immigration absolutists legacy: Lots and lots of promises and no fence worth calling a fence.
Arent there 41 GOP senators willing to fight for border security? Apparently not. And they will see the result in their depleted coffers and diminished numbers come November 08. All they have to do is fight for border security, but they wont even do that.
UPDATE: Here are the draft talking points from the GOP. Four pages of crap:
BORDER SECURITY AND IMMIGRATION REFORM
Republicans Standing Together to Fight for Tougher Enforcement and an Immigration System That Better Serves American Interests
As negotiations continue, Republicans are demanding the following from the Democrat majority:
v Beefed-up border security. Republicans are insisting on dramatic and immediate improvements to border security, including 18,000 Border Patrol agents and 370 miles of fencing, as part of a continuous effort to protect the borders.
1. ?? Republicans insist that border security improvements must be completed before other reforms can occur. Democrats blocked any triggers in last years bill.
v Enforcement at the workplace. Republicans are insisting on a meaningful, effective, and workable electronic employment verification system that will prevent employers from hiring illegal workers and eliminate the magnet that attracts so many illegal aliens.
1. ?? This verification system must be fully operational before other reforms occur (another trigger), a position Democrats rejected last year and have resisted in negotiations.
v Merit-based future immigration system and end to chain migration. Republicans are insisting on eliminating chain migration and transforming our immigration system so that all future efforts are focused on attracting those immigrants (and their immediate, nuclear families) who have the combination of job skills, education, and English language proficiency that will make them productive Americans.
1. ?? The Democrat majority has resisted any effort to ensure that our immigration system be rebalanced to serve national needs and still clings to a broken chain migration system that does not serve the national interest.
v A truly temporary worker program. Republicans insist that a temporary worker program be for a limited period of time and not serve as a path to citizenship. Temporary workers must truly be temporary.
1. ?? The Democrat majority continues to resist this approach, seeking to let temporary workers stay in the United States indefinitely and become permanent residents without going home.
v Strict limits on processing of illegal aliens. Majority-party Democrats made legalization of illegal aliens a non-negotiable priority, but Republicans refused to allow automatic amnesty or a guaranteed path to citizenship for illegal aliens. Republicans insist that all green card applicants must (1) go to the back of the line behind those who have followed the law, (2) pay higher fines than in last years bill, (3) pass a criminal background check, (4) show a nearly perfect work history, English proficiency, and familiarity with American civics. If they cannot do so, they will be subject to removal. Republicans also insist that access to permanent status be prioritized based on immigrants job skills, education, and English proficiency. Illegal aliens will not gain an automatic right to stay in this country indefinitely.
1. ?? Democrats wanted last years permissive Senate bill, which allowed illegal aliens to jump to the front of the line and did not require illegal aliens to continue to work.
Border Security Guaranteed by Republican Efforts
1. Republicans have championed greater border enforcement in order to better protect us against terrorist, drug smuggling, human trafficking, and illegal immigration.
2. Republicans insisted on the following enforcement measures in this bill before any other reforms (including a temporary worker program or adjustment of status for illegal aliens) are implemented:
1. ? 18,000 border patrol and immigration enforcement agents must be hired.
2. ? 370 miles of border fencing must be built.
3. ? 200 miles of vehicle barriers must be completed.
4. ? 70 ground-based radar and camera towers on the southern border must be operational.
5. ? 4 Unmanned Aerial Vehicles must be deployed.
6. ? 27,500 detention beds must be available so that apprehended aliens can be detained.
3. Triggers: Republicans have insisted that all of the above improvements to border security be implemented before any additional reforms can take place. If they do not occur, then there will be no temporary worker program or movement on a path to citizenship for illegal aliens. Democrats vigorously resisted triggers such as these in last years bill.
Republicans Bolstered Workplace Enforcement
1. Republicans know that border security is not enough: we must also eliminate the opportunities for illegal workers to be hired in the United States.
2. The bill will create an Electronic Employment Verification System (EEVS) so only legal workers can get jobs.
3. Once the EEVS is in place (the administration predicts 18 months), illegal aliens without the right to work will find it extremely difficult to gain any legitimate employment.
4. Illegal workers not only will be subject to removal from the country but will be permanently barred from any U.S. immigration program.
5. Employers who knowingly hire illegal workers will face stiff penalties.
6. Another Trigger: Republicans also insisted that this new EEVS be fully operational before reforms such as the temporary worker program or status adjustment for illegal aliens occur. Democrats vigorously resisted any effort to make an operational EEVS a precondition for other reforms.
DRAFT 5/16/07 3
Republicans Successfully Demanded an Immigration System Based on Merit
1. Republicans are insisting on eliminating chain migration and transforming our immigration system into one based on qualification and merit.
2. Due to Republican demands and over Democrat objections, the bill will require all future immigrants to qualify based on merit through a point system.
3. The main components of the merit-based point system will be
1. ? job skills deemed helpful to the U.S. economy;
2. ? level of educational attainment (with added points for science/math); and
3. ? degree of English language proficiency.
4. The impact of this new merit-based point system will be to ensure entry and permanent residence to those with higher levels of education and professional qualifications.
1. ? Currently, only 20 percent of immigrants are admitted based on merit; the remainder gain permanent residence due to some form of familial relation.
2. ? All new immigrants will still be able to bring their immediate families (spouses and minor children), but other relatives will need to qualify under the point system.
5. This end to chain migration, which allows migration of extended family members who cannot show they will benefit to America, is a significant Republican victory.
Republicans Guaranteed a Truly Temporary Worker Program
1. Republicans know that American businesses have labor needs that the American workforce does not always satisfy, so they support a temporary worker program that will ensure that ample workers exist to fill those jobs.
2. But Republicans have insisted that a temporary worker program should be temporary, and that it should not provide a direct path to citizenship.
3. Workers will be able to enter the country for two years, working for an employer who has demonstrated that no American is available to fill the position.
1. ? The worker must leave after two years and cannot renew for at least one year.
2. ? A temporary worker can work for a total of three separate two-year terms, with one year out of the country between each term. (The rationale is to prevent temporary workers from establishing roots and refuse to leave when their term is completed.)
3. ? All temporary workers will be able to travel freely to and from their home countries.
4. Temporary workers must return home after their work period expires. Failure to depart on time will result in criminal penalties and a permanent bar on participating in any U.S. immigration programs, i.e., the worker could never gain an American green card.
5. Republicans insistence on temporary means temporary will protect American workers and maintain the integrity of the U.S. immigration system.
DRAFT 5/16/07 4
Republicans Ensured Limits on Legalization of Existing Illegal Population
1. Democrats made clear that no bill would pass without a provision to allow illegal aliens to gain citizenship, and pledged to hold hostage all border security and interior enforcement improvements.
2. In response, Republicans united to block automatic amnesty and guarantee that strict limits be imposed on those illegal aliens who wish to become American citizens.
3. Due solely to Republican efforts, illegal aliens will not gain an automatic right to stay in this country indefinitely.
4. Republican demands guaranteed the following:
1. o First, Republicans insisted that illegal aliens should not be permitted even to apply for permanent residence unless he or she can demonstrate:
2. ? a nearly uninterrupted work history, i.e., the worker (head of household) must show that he or she has been employed for 90 percent of the previous four years;
3. ? a proven proficiency in English; and
4. ? an education in American civics.
5. ? If an illegal alien cannot demonstrate this work history, proficiency in English, and education in American civics, then he or she will not earn the right to permanent residency and will be subject to deportation and will be permanently barred from the U.S.A.
6. o Second, Republicans insisted that all illegal aliens seeking permanent residence must get in line behind the legal applicants for permanent residence who did not enter the country illegally. And they must return home to make the formal application.
7. o Third, Republicans insisted on higher penalties and fees that illegal aliens must pay in order to remain in the country, and also demanded that illegal aliens pay all back taxes they may owe.
5. Many illegal aliens will never clear these tough hurdles and will be subject to removal. And because of the tough new workplace enforcement mechanisms, they will not be able to be employed in any legitimate business enterprise.
6. If Republicans had not fought for these limits, Democrats would have passed an automatic amnesty bill without any of the restrictions that Republicans have now guaranteed.
Mitch McConnell, U.S. Senator from Kentucky. A Republican, he is the Senate Minority Leader.
361A Russell Senate Office Building
Washington, D.C. 20510-1702
District Office- Bowling Green:
241 East Main Street, Room 102
Bowling Green, KY 42101
District Office- Fort Wright:
1885 Dixie Highway, Suite 345
Fort Wright, KY 41011
District Office- Lexington:
771 Corporate Drive, Suite 108
Lexington, KY 40503
District Office- London:
300 South Main Street, Suite 310
London, KY 40741
District Office- Louisville:
601 West Broadway, Suite 630
Louisville, KY 40202
Chester Trent Lott has been the junior U.S. Senator from Mississippi since 1988. He is the Senate minority whip for the 110th Congress.
487 Russell Senate Office Building
Washington, DC 20510-2403
Email: senatorlott @ lott.senate.gov
District Office - Gulfport:
2012 Fifteenth Street, Suite 451
Gulfport, MS 39501
District Office - Jackson:
245 East Capitol Street, Suite 226
Jackson, MS 39201
District Office - Oxford:
911 Jackson Avenue, Suite 127
Oxford, MS 38655
District Office - Pascagoula:
3100 South Pascagoula Street
Pascagoula, MS 39567
Minority Chief Deputy Whip: Senator John Thune of South Dakota
383 Russell Senate Office Building
Washington, DC 20510
District Office - Aderdeen:
320 South 1st Street
Aberdeen, SD 57401
District Office - Rapid City:
1313 Wast Main Street
Rapid City, SD 57701
District Office - Sioux Falls:
320 North Main Avenue
Sioux Falls, SD 57104
Senate Republican Policy Committee Chairman: Senator Kay Bailey Hutchison of Texas
284 Russell Senate Office Building
Washington, DC 20510-4304
Phone: 202-224-5903 (TDD)
TTYD Number: 202-224-5903
District Office - Abilene:
500 Chestnut Street, Suite 1570
Abilene, TX 79602
District Office - Austin:
961 Federal Building
300 East Eighth Street
Austin, TX 78701
District OFfice - Dallas:
Legislative Building, 606
10440 North Central Expressway, Suite 1160 Dallas, TX 75231
District Office - Harlingen:
222 East Van Buren Street, Suite 404
Harlingen, TX 78550
District Office - Houston:
1919 Smith Street, Suite 800
Houston, TX 77002
District Office - San Antonio:
145 Duncan Drive, Suite 120
San Antonio, TX 78226
Senate Republican Conference Chairman: Senator Jon Kyl of Arizona
730 Hart Senate Office Building
Washington, DC 20510
District Office - Phoenix:
2200 East Camelback, Suite 120
Phoenix, AZ 85016-3455
District Office - Tucson:
7315 North Oracle Road, Suite 220
Tucson, AZ 85704
Senate Republican Conference Vice Chairman: Senator John Cornyn of Texas
517 Hart Senate Office Building
Washington, D.C. 20510-4304
District Office- Austin:
Bank One Building
221 West Sixth Street, Suite 1530
Austin, TX 78701
District Office- Dallas:
5005 Lyndon B. Johnson Freeway
Dallas, TX 75244
District Office- Harlingen:
Bank of America Building
222 East Van Buren
Harlingen, TX 78550
District Office- Houston:
5300 Memorial Drive, Suite 980
Houston, TX 77007
District Office- Lubbock:
3405 22nd Street, Suite 203
Lubbock, TX 79410
District Office- San Antonio:
600 Navarro, Suite 210
San Antonio, TX 78205
District Office- Tyler:
Bank One Building
100 East Ferguson Street
Tyler, TX 75702
Thanks for starting this thread. I think we can beat this!
We have to stop this. We have no other choice. Besides, I don’t have parking for tanks outside my house. Not this time.
Well, I just sent faxes to my congresscritters. We’ll see.
I’m delighted that you’ve noticed this pet issue of Ours. I’m sorry to hear that New Orleans is facing an increased Slumlord problem, atop the Katrina thing.
Ain’t it a shame that neither the Media, nor Politicians will even mention SLUMLORDS, and their part in the “Border Issue”?
They’ll just get bigger shedders from the highest bidder in China. Massive protests is the only thing that might get their attention now.
I can tell you from experience that they do listen if you bother to make noise pick up the phone and call them to show displeasure. It works more often on the local level. But it does work in DC as well. It was calls and citizen action that shelved amnesty the last time. We have to try, there is no other choice.
Thanks for the inspiration !!! I just wrote my Congressman .. and he’s not gonna like what he reads. Well, HE won’t read it, but his staff will.
"WASHINGTON (AP) -- An immigration deal reached between key senators and White House negotiators is expected to get President Bush's endorsement ahead of what could be a bruising battle next week in the Senate." [Emphasis Mine]
UPDATE: As we predicted, a group of Senators led by Ted Kennedy have crafted so-called "compromise legislation" that -- in reality -- will grant amnesty to 12-20 million illegal aliens .
And these Senators want to move quickly and vote on this so-called "compromise legislation" in a matter of days before you have a chance to make your voice heard.
Because of your actions... because of your willingness to fight... we have stopped Amnesty for over a year now.
But this vote that will take place in a matter of days is the most crucial vote to date.
And make no mistake, the Administration and pro-Amnesty forces in the Senate will be twisting arms this weekend... hoping and praying that they can secure at least 61 votes in the Senate and make Amnesty the law of the land!
The Associated Press writes that it will be a "bruising battle in the Senate." Let's make sure that the American people are on the winning side.
It's crunch time! It's now or never! This may be the FINAL battle in the war against granting Amnesty to millions of illegal aliens. Please make your voice heard RIGHT HERE AND RIGHT NOW! Use the hyperlink below to go to our secure server and send your urgent and personalized 51 Blast Fax messages Majority Leader Reid, President Bush and the remaining 49 Republican Members of the United States Senate. Tell them that when it comes to giving Amnesty to 12-20 million illegal aliens there can be NO COMPROMISE. Remind them that it only takes 40 United States Senators to stop any bill from becoming law and patriotic Americans expect conservative Senators to step up to the plate and do whatever it takes to protect this country. If the above hyperlink does not function, please copy and paste it into the address bar of your browser. If you are a Web-TV user, you can still participate by going to our homepage at grasstopsusa.com.
Use the hyperlink below to go to our secure server and send your urgent and personalized 51 Blast Fax messages Majority Leader Reid, President Bush and the remaining 49 Republican Members of the United States Senate.
Tell them that when it comes to giving Amnesty to 12-20 million illegal aliens there can be NO COMPROMISE. Remind them that it only takes 40 United States Senators to stop any bill from becoming law and patriotic Americans expect conservative Senators to step up to the plate and do whatever it takes to protect this country.
If the above hyperlink does not function, please copy and paste it into the address bar of your browser. If you are a Web-TV user, you can still participate by going to our homepage at grasstopsusa.com.
Funny Isn't It?
You have successfully fought this battle to stop Amnesty for two years now.
Some of what has transpired during that time is noteworthy.
But most important, have you noticed that each and every time that pro-Amnesty forces have tried to push an Amnesty bill through Congress, the media has told us that Amnesty was a juggernaut that COULD NOT BE STOPPED and yet, each and every time, YOU have stopped Amnesty?
The American people do NOT want "compromise." The American people want secure borders! The American people want to stop terrorists, who wish to bomb military installations, from coming into this country illegally! And the American people want that border fence built today!
We need to send our elected leaders a clear message: THE AMERICAN PEOPLE WILL NOT BE SHUT UP AND SHUT OUT! Use the hyperlink below to go to our secure server and send your urgent and personalized 51 Blast Fax messages Majority Leader Reid, President Bush and the remaining 49 Republican Members of the United States Senate. Tell them that when it comes to giving Amnesty to 12-20 million illegal aliens there can be NO COMPROMISE. Remind them that it only takes 40 United States Senators to stop any bill from becoming law and patriotic Americans expect conservative Senators to step up to the plate and do whatever it takes to protect this country. If the above hyperlink does not function, please copy and paste it into the address bar of your browser. If you are a Web-TV user, you can still participate by going to our homepage at grasstopsusa.com.
Use the hyperlink below to go to our secure server and send your urgent and personalized 51 Blast Fax messages Majority Leader Reid, President Bush and the remaining 49 Republican Members of the United States Senate.
Why Not Encourage Legal Immigration?
America is the greatest country in the world and we have always opened our doors to those around the world who desire to live free!
And the liberals and business interests that are working behind closed doors would love for you to believe that they simply want others to share in the American dream.
They point self-righteous fingers at people like you and make shallow and false accusations of bigotry!
But if that were the case... if these liberals are right... ask yourself one simple question:
Because granting Amnesty to 12-20 million ILLEGAL aliens HAS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH GIVING OTHERS THE OPPORTUNITY TO LIVE FREE!
Moreover, one simple fact that our political leaders blatantly choose to IGNORE is that while many of those who come into the United States illegally may be decent people looking for a better way of life, far too many who violate our laws by coming across the border are all too willing to violate others as well.
Consider the following stats from Congressman Steve King (R-Iowa):
And that isn't all:
But there's more:
So why are our elected officials ignoring those who are trying to come to this country legally, while at the same time pushing Amnesty for the 12-20 million who have broken our laws and who refuse to assimilate into our culture? Use the hyperlink below to go to our secure server and send your urgent and personalized 51 Blast Fax messages Majority Leader Reid, President Bush and the remaining 49 Republican Members of the United States Senate.
There's Still More...
According to ESR Research Economic Consultants, by the end of 2003, approximately 267,000 illegal aliens were incarcerated in all U.S. jails and prisons.
And who do you think foots the bill? You, the American taxpayer. And our politicians tell you they can't find the money to build a border fence.
In April of 2005, the Government Accountability Office (GAO) released a study of 55,322 illegal aliens incarcerated at the federal, state and local levels during 2003.
Author Peter Wagner, who writes on immigration issues, has said that a disproportionate number of those who enter the country illegally are murderers, sex offenders, and other types of criminals. "That is part of the dark side of illegal immigration... . The question is, how much 'bad' is acceptable and at what price?"
One that at least 40 Senators had better answer the right way and in a big fat hurry.
One Final Question...
What do you say to the self-righteous, the holier-than-thou liberals who say that we have always welcomed immigrants to our shores?
On that same website, wives post personal messages to their spouses begging them to return to their children. Here is a typical example, written to an absent husband named Pedro:
The advocates of Amnesty claim to be sympathetic to the plight of Mexican families.
Yet they appear to be taking the position that money is more important than children... that the family is worthless!
That's not exactly a family friendly policy...
So let's tell the liberals that if they really want to help people they can help us secure our borders and put a stop to Amnesty!
The GrasstopsUSA Action Alert Newsletter is a service to all our community members and supporters. If this newsletter was forwarded to you and you would like to subscribe please email: email@example.com.
If you are having difficulty using the link provided above please forward this message in its entirety to firstname.lastname@example.org. Or call our office at the toll free number listed below.
Keep these emails coming. Add Christopher@grasstopsusa.org to your buddy list and approved senders list.
GrassTopsUSA is a 501c4 not-for-profit organization. Contributions are not tax deductible.
Thanks, we can only eat an elephant one bite at a time. to build a beach you need granules of sand.
One last bump before going to sleep. Instead of sheep I will count illegals jumping over the border.