Skip to comments.NY REPUBLICANS WANT DRIVERS LICENSES FOR ILLEGALS
Posted on 09/25/2007 5:33:31 AM PDT by publius1
GOP SPLIT ON GOV'S DRIVE RULE
September 25, 2007 -- ALBANY - The state's top Republican leadership unexpectedly split yesterday on the controversial move by Democratic Gov. Spitzer to allow the granting of driver's licenses to illegal aliens. State GOP Chairman Joseph Mondello ripped Spitzer for eliminating the requirement that people provide a Social Security number for a driver's license...
But Senate Majority Leader Joseph Bruno backed Spitzer, saying, "We have hundreds of thousands of aliens here, and I'm not sure it serves the public good to deprive them of their ability to go to school, to go to work, to do the kinds of things you have to do to lead a normal life."
(Excerpt) Read more at nypost.com ...
Or are they just doing short term pandering that they will have to undo at taxpayer expense when RealID goes into effect?
ARE THESE PEOPLE ON CRACK!!!
This has to be their effort to push Rhodham Guiliani
We need to pressure our state governments to unrecognize the NY driver’s license and confiscate any vehicle driven with the phony license. It only takes one state with one worthwhile Republican Governor threatening this action right now and NY will drop this insanity immediately.
we wouldnt have to worry about the dang Hispanic vote if we got back to being the United States of America instead of the United States of Mexico. I am sick and tired of this issue. We all need to keep pushing back and demanding OUR rights as taxpaying citizens.
What illegals have to pay insurance to ride buses???? Since when?
Me th8nks you reponsded to the wrong post he he
In TN we have been there, done that, and have proof positive that NY is headed down the wrong road...
the illegals also throw trash and dirty diapers out of car windows and most other places they happen to be, and take a leak just about anywhere they happen to be...
just like "home".
By that "logic," if there were hundreds of thousands of people who carried unregistered guns with them every day, then the law could be ignored because it wouldn't serve the "public good" (oh, how I HATE that phrase, that fig-leaf for state control) to deprive them of their ability to SAFELY "go to school, to go to work, to do the kinds of things you have to do to lead a normal life." OK, I'm in - that's a fair trade. How about it, Joey?
WHY is anybody making it easier for illegals to continue to stay here? Don't these morons understand that every time they do something like this, they undermine what little respect there is for the law among the otherwise law-abiding?
And this particular moron is a NY Republican? Kind of like a certain Presidential candidate?
Too many members and supporters of the GOP at every political level throughout the northeastern states are not conservative, and this has been the case for many decades and counting throughout the northeastern states with a few exceptions (especially in New Hampshire where there are still some conservatives left). The GOP throughout the northeastern states, coastal states, and in most U.S. cities is pretty much its own “non-conservative” political party separate from the GOP throughout the remainder of the U.S.
All that proves is that neither the ACU or Jeff Flake are actually Conservative.
There were so many hoops I had to jump through to renew my license here, just because my middle initial wasn’t showing up on certain documents, and other little technicalities. NJ has made it so difficult for legal citizens to receive or renew a driver’s license, but they want to make it easier for illegals... Why am I not surprised?
I had problems renewing mine also.
Maybe we should get these new, easy to obtain licenses and keep them on hand in case we get pulled over.
"Show me just what Mohammed brought that was new, and there you will find things only evil and inhuman, such as his command to spread by the sword the faith he preached." - Manuel II Palelologus
Now there’s an idea I like. ;-)
LAPD Most Wanted = 74% Hispanic or (http://www.lapdonline.org/all_most_wanted)
Yes, The Unpleasant FACTS ARE
>>Both studies found that immigrants used government services at a greater rate than native-born residents did. The New Jersey study found, for instance, that the typical immigrant family received about $4,044 annually in government services, about 11 percent higher than the average native-born family. At the same time, immigrant households paid about 8 percent less in taxes. The net result was that the average native household generated an annual fiscal surplus of $232 to government, while the typical foreign household was a net burden of $1,484. The gap was even wider in California, where immigrant households produced a net deficit of $3,463 each, because so much of that states recent immigration had been in the form of low-wage, low-skill workers.
Though the study did not distinguish between legal and illegal immigrants, it did break down foreign-born households by the regions of the world from which they had come. In both states, the study found the steepest deficit in Latin American households, which in New Jersey consumed 26 percent more in government expenditures than the average native-born family, but paid 38 percent less in taxes. By contrast, immigrant households in New Jersey that hailed from Europe or Canada actually consumed, on average, less in government services than the typical native-born family, and paid nearly as much in taxes.<<
NJ is a gateway state. Your post is much more updated than mine. But there are some tidbits to take note of:
Impact from illegal alien labor:
- Costing health care, retirement funding, education and law enforcement, accruing at $30 billion per year.
- USA is foregoing $35 billion a year in income tax collections because of the number of jobs that are now off the books.
- Census Bureau estimates that 8.7 million people are illegally residing in the USA
- Urban Institute estimates a total of 9.3 million are illegally residing in the USA
- Bureau of Labor Statistics estimates a total of 9.2 million are illegally residing in the USA
- The Center for Immigration Studies (CIS) stated that the Bureau of Labor could have missed as many as 10% of illegal aliens, since illegal aliens avoid census questionnaires. The CIS suggests the total illegal population is at 10 million or higher (March 2004).
- Employers have incentive to hire undocumented workers off the books.
- Overseas labor markets have forced US employers to find innovative ways to capitalize on sources of cheaper labor to stay competitive.
- Employers place pressure on the government to ignore the flood of cheap labor.
- Services, ie but not limited to: public school enrollment, language proficiency programs, and building permits, that cater to illegal aliens have increased in areas that are considered gateways for immigration.
- The top nine states that account for 50% of illegal aliens are: California, Texas, Florida, New York, Illinois, New Jersey, Arizona, Georgia and North Carolina.
- Sole authority to govern immigration flow is placed on the federal government.
- Responsibility for providing support to legal and illegal immigrants rests with the state and local governments.
- Immigrants send home on average $1,400 to $1,500 per year through money transfers (also called Remittances).
- As per the World Bank in 2002, people sent $133 billion worldwide. Developing countries accounted for $88 billion of that.
- Remittances from the United States to Mexico have tripled to $13 billion between 1995 and 2003.
- As per the Pew Hispanic Center, 39% of surveyed Latino immigrants listed themselves as having legal status to opening bank accounts. This enables cash transfers through private money centers such as Western Union and Money Gram.
- HOWEVER, banks including Citibank, Bank of America, and Wells Fargo Bank began accepting matriculas, which are photographed identity cards for Mexicans living in the US.
- Matriculas are obtainable by any legal or illegal Mexican. Matriculas are widely obtainable through Mexican consulates across the USA.
- To date, around 2.5 million matriculas have been issued, and the number is growing.
- In major illegal alien gateway cities, the influx of immigrants has led to a housing boom unexplained by official population growth.
- In New Jersey, the three gateway towns are New Brunswick, Elizabeth, and Newark.
- Housing permits in these three towns shot up over six-fold, while the rest of the three counties only saw a three-fold increase.
- 80% of these permits were designated for multiple tenent dwellings.
- Official statistics state that illegal aliens in New Jersey have jumped 110% an estimate that is inconsistent with the housing statistics. Local realtors’ stats for multiple tenent housing and school enrollments suggest the number is higher.
- The major illegal alien gateway cities have experienced school enrollments much higher than projections.
- The decrease in the number of births in the past decade had led education administrators to expect decreasing school enrollments as a post echo boom trend.
- A higher immigration rate, however, has offset the impact of declining births.
- Enrollment stats for major illegal alien gateway city school districts that included: Queens, New York; Elizabeth, Newark and New Brunswick, New Jersey; and Wake County in North Carolina revealed explosive growth in immigrant students, far beyond numbers consistent with *legal* migration limits.
- NYC public school system is the largest in the nation, enrollment of 1.1 million students.
- Immigrant student enrollment for 1998-2001 was 103,000, with Queens accounting for the largest share, 37,000.
- Between 1990 and 2001, more than half of New York Citys school districts increased their enrollments 10% or more, driven by a high number of immigrant students.
- New York City Public Schools, 1999 to 2001: 102,867 immigrant students: Dominican Republic, China, Jamaica, Mexico, Pakistan, Ecuador, Colombia and Haiti.
Translation: Bruno is heavily invested in the horse racing and real estate development industries and possibly the hospitality industry, and he needs a steady stream of illegal aliens willing to work for substandard wages with no benefits. He is a slime.
Welcome to New York— where the Senate Republicans are RINOs and the Democrats are hardcore liberals who will suck up to the union political machine at any cost.
Fortunately the first person to come out against this was my own Congressman, Randy Kuhl. On the other hand, my State Senator, Cathy Young, has turned into nothing but a Bruno sycophant and suckup, and I unfortunately think she’s going to support this. I’m not quite sure though.
As I suspected. I went to Senator Young’s Web site— nothing. She’s perfectly ready to blast the Thruway Authority for planning to raise tolls, but nothing on this despicable plan. What a RINO.
What recourse do the people have against public officials who advocate law breaking? Recalls?
On another thread it was posted that NY law requires a SSN to get a license and there’s no language in it that gives Spitzer the right to do what he’s attempting. He should be impeached imo for knowingly violating his oath of office.
I absolutely agree and until the people stand up and take action these bozos will continue to stomp on our Constitution with impunity.
The line in the sand for this schizophrenic political organization is 2008. If they fail to deliver a viable candidate who supports what most Republicans support, i.e., the elimination of illegals from America, death of Roe versus Wade, defense of the Second Amendment, a reduction in Federal interference with states rights, elimination of the homosexual agenda, and a successful prosecution of the war with Islam, they are finished - and rightly so.
You mean there are “Republicans” in NY? ha, could have fooled me.
NJ, please stop the insanity.
The Illegal alien lobby is very powerful.