[That’s a rash judgement. What makes you say that this kid was “obviously” troubled? Because he had airsoft replicas and owned a copy of the Anarchist Cookbook?]
Didn’t he threaten a “Columbine” attack on a school? Is that rational in your eyes?
posted on 10/11/2007 2:43:58 PM PDT
(I forgot to pay the rent on my tagline.)
"Didnt he threaten a Columbine attack on a school? Is that rational in your eyes?"
Assuming that he did indeed make such a threat...
I'm not inclined to jump on that bandwagon as of yet. I'm willing to let this unravel a bit further before rendering such a judgement.
It may turn out that:
1. There are no live grenades.
2. "Bomb making plans" is just the Anarchist Cookbook.
3. "Assault rifle" is just a regular 9mm Hi-Point carbine (this one's already established).
4. "Plans to carry out attack" is just the innocent rantings of a bullied kid in a personal diary or somesuch.
5. "Columbine videos" is just a bookmark in Internet Explorer to a youtube video.
I'm just saying...this story could easily be thrown out of proportion by the Nanny police and the all-too-willing Left media. They seem to jump on *any* chance to demonize firearms and to demonize typical boy behavior (making a list of enemies, tinkering with devices, etc).
posted on 10/11/2007 3:56:41 PM PDT
(...to ourselves and our Posterity...)
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson