Huckabee is for real -- a man poised to go further on the national stage than any other candidate produced by the Christian conservative movement.
Huckabee may be a Christian candidate, but he's no conservative.
He's weak on immigration and believes that the force of government should be used to control people's private behaviors. He also thinks that the money earned by private citizens is well spent by the government.
I do so wish that the press would be more careful with their usage of the word "conservative." If I didn't know better, I might be inclined to believe that they are deliberately misleading.
The two conservatives in the presidential race are Tom Tancredo and Duncan Hunter.
posted on 11/04/2007 4:32:15 PM PST
(Ic ■Št gehate, ■Št ic heonon nelle fleon fotes trym, ac wille furor gan)
Tom Tancredo and Duncan Hunter are good men. It’s a pity that they’re not viable candidates.
posted on 11/04/2007 4:43:33 PM PST
(You can't be serious about national security unless you're serious about border security)
The Huckabee website
has a new "Truth Squad" alert re Huckabee's position on illegal immigration. IMHO, this is great since there has been a lot of false and misleading information floating around regarding this topic. Here is the statement from Huckabee's website:
Truth Squad: Immigration Facts
November 02, 2007
- The Governor opposes and will never allow amnesty.
- Governor Huckabee believes that securing our borders must be our top priority and has reached the level of a national emergency.
- The Governor supports the $3 billion the Senate has voted for border security. This money will train and deploy 23,000 more agents, add four drone planes, build 700 miles of fence and 300 miles of vehicle barriers, and put up 105 radar and camera towers.
- In this age of terror, illegal immigration is not only an economic issue, but also a national security issue.
- Governor Huckabee opposed the amnesty bill that was attempted to be rushed through Congress this summer, and opposed the misnamed DREAM Act, which would have put us on the slippery slope to amnesty for all.
- Governor Huckabee opposes and will not tolerate sanctuaries for illegals.
- Governor Huckabee opposes giving driver's licenses to those who are illegally in our country and supports legislation to prevent states from doing so.
- Governor Huckabee believes illegal aliens who try to vote or try to apply for welfare benefits should be arrested.
- Governor Huckabee will stop punishing cities which try to enforce our laws and protect the economic well-being, physical safety, and quality of life of our citizens.
- Governor Huckabee opposes and will not tolerate employers who hire illegals. They must be punished with fines and penalties so large that they will see it is not worth the risk or profitable.
- Governor Huckabee opposes the economic integration of North America that would create open borders among the United States, Canada, and Mexico.
- Governor Huckabee will never yield one inch of American sovereignty.
- Governor Huckabee will take our country back for those who belong here. No open borders, no amnesty, no sanctuary, no false Social Security numbers, no driver's licenses for illegals.
It has been reported that Mike Huckabee supported benefits for illegals immigrants while he was Governor of Arkansas.
Governor Huckabee never supported benefits for illegal immigrants. In Arkansas, illegal immigrants do not receive welfare benefits or food stamps. Governor Huckabee has always, and will always be supportive of the laws and regulations of the country.
It has also been said that Mike Huckabee was in favor of providing college scholarships for illegal immigrants while he was Governor.
The governor only supported the measure that applied to those who met the academic qualifications and applied for legal citizenship. The measure didn't pass. Governor Huckabee stressed that any student would simply be treated as any other graduate of an Arkansas High School, and not given any special consideration.
Critics say that Governor Huckabee's motives behind opening a Mexican consulate office in Little Rock was to court illegals to come work in Arkansas.
The Mexican consulate provided Arkansas businesses with access to Mexico and opportunities to expand their markets, and would help further ensure that immigrants from Mexico are legal and better able to secure legal documentation. At the same time, the office would open up opportunities for Mexican investors to invest money with Arkansas partners, which would help create more jobs in the state.
posted on 11/04/2007 4:46:11 PM PST
>>>I might be inclined to believe that they are deliberately misleading.
That is my thought.
posted on 11/04/2007 5:12:36 PM PST
(Hunters Rangers - Raising the Bar of Integrity http://www.barofintegrity.us)
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson