Skip to comments.Illegal Aliens Receive $37 Million From (L.A.) County In November
Posted on 01/05/2008 11:06:29 PM PST by nckerr
Welfare and food stamp benefits soar $3 million higher than September payout.
New statistics from the Department of Public Social Services reveal that illegal aliens and their families in Los Angeles County collected over $37 million in welfare and food stamp allocations in November 2007 up $3 million dollars from September, announced Los Angeles County Supervisor Michael D. Antonovich.
Twenty five percent of the all welfare and food stamps benefits is going directly to the children of illegal aliens. Illegals collected over $20 million in welfare assistance for November 2007 and over $16 million in monthly food stamp allocations for a projected annual cost of $444 million.
This new information shows an alarming increase in the devastating impact Illegal immigration continues to have on Los Angeles County taxpayers, said Antonovich. With $220 million for public safety, $400 million for healthcare, and $444 million in welfare allocations, the total cost for illegal immigrants to County taxpayers far exceeds $1 billion a year not including the millions of dollars for education.
That’s a lot of lettuce. Dang.
Man this just makes me livid!
That is a lot of family values. Dang. These values will just multiply and multiply.
LIST OF CALIFORNIA SANCTUARY CITIES
* Bell Gardens, CA
* City of Industry, CA
* City of Commerce, CA
* Cypress, CA
* Davis CA
* Downey, CA
* Fresno, CA (6/13/07 Congressional Research Service)
* Lakewood, CA
* Los Angeles, CA (Congressional Research Service)
* Long Beach, CA
* Lynwood, CA
* Maywood, CA
* Montebello, CA
* National City, CA
* Norwalk, CA
* Oakland, CA (Added 8-27-07. Source: 4/25/07 story by KCBS 740 AM. Link here.)
* Paramount, CA
* Pico Rivera, CA
* So. Gate, CA
* San Bernardino, Ca. (Added 6/7/07, reader submitted)
* San Diego, CA (Congressional Research Service)
* Santa Cruz, CA (Added 5/30/07, documented by KSBW news)
* San Francisco, CA (Congressional Research Service)
* San Jose, CA (6/13/07 Congressional Research Service)
* Sonoma County, CA (Congressional Research Service)
* Tucson, CA (Added 11-12-07, Source: 11-11-07 story by Brady McCombs, Arizona Daily Star. See note below.)
* Vernon, CA
* Watsonville, CA (Added 5/30/07, documented by KSBW news)
* Wilmington, CA
Tough T#tty. Reap what you sow........
I notice that this article doesn’t even mention the free doctors and hospital costs.
This is totally ridulous.
Consider the facts. Illegal aliens have:
* Invaded America by ignoring U.S. borders and immigration laws.
* Hampered homeland security and the ability of the federal government to detect and deal with potential terrorists.
* Murdered and or killed 25 Americans every day (on average).
* Plundered public services to which they are not entitled.
* Caused educators to “dumb down” class room studies in order to accommodate masses of non-English speakers.
* Forced U.S. hospitals and other medical facilities into bankruptcy, thereby making those facilities unavailable to U.S. citizens.
* Managed to send $30-50 billion a year back to Mexico each year, despite the fact that they cannot or will not pay for medical services received.
* Engaged in wholesale identity theft inflicting great harm to the credit and financial status of millions of innocent Americas.
* Depressed wages and the earning power of American citizens and their families.
* Invaded America for the express purpose of producing “anchor babies” to shield themselves from deportation.
* Refused to learn English.
* Taken over the streets of large U.S. cities in order to demand “rights”
to which they are not entitled.
* Waved the Mexican flag and shouted, “Yes, we can!” and “We are America!” in Spanish as they protest the rule of law.
* Turned May 5 into a day known for rampant public drunkenness and violence, rather than celebration of culture and heritage.
* Voted unlawfully in American elections.
And for this they are owed respect?
With all due respect, Mr. President, the only thing America owes any invading criminal is a solid kick in the ass, a one-way trip back to Mexico, and a permanent ban to keep them from ever stepping foot in America again!
John W. Lillpop is a recovering liberal
San Jose, California
Are these payouts from local tax revenues? Or are there federal monies mixed in with all that “largesse”?
I strongly suspect that the only way local governments can afford to pay out those kind of entitlements, is if the feds are giving them big bucks.
All that CHEAP labor comes back to haunt you through WELFARE and SOCIAL PROGRAMS while the EMPLOYER rakes in the dough. Just imagine if the ILLEGALS were all “properly” welcomed with citizenship ... and tried to live on slave wages what that would do to social services and your taxes!
Or mentions all the illegals in the jails, the increased cost of rents, increased costs of pollution, waste, kids in the public schools, traffic congestion, increased cost of fuel, increased consumtion of fuel, loss of middle class jobs and desease.
True and illegal immigration should never have happened.
Soon to bankrupt us all. I’ve seen figures that the total costs of illegals to the taxpayer is at least a trillion dollars nationwide.
but, but, how to the liberals think they will balance the budget buy giving away money we don’t have.
They same thing is going on here in San Diego
It is totally ridiculous.
To think of all the innocent Americans killed by drunken illegals or coyotes. There is no total.
It is mind boggling to think of it all.
Too bad this county wasn’t mentioned in the debates tonight.
The govt, Bush, has kept the costs of illegals away from public scrutiny. It is beginning to leak out as it should have 5 or 6 years ago.
I'm sorry if this is a harsh punishment, but you've had it coming for a long time.
Add Bellflower, it’s hard to find a single English speaking person here.
Sheesh! Save a few electrons and just list the cities that aren’t.
America is a de facto sanctuary country.
You can thank leaders like Bush.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.