Skip to comments.Surge in U.S. Hispanic Population Driven by Births, Not Immigration
Posted on 05/01/2008 6:06:22 AM PDT by devane617
Hispanics now account for more than 15% of the U.S. population, and their surge is largely the result of births among people already in the country, according to new Census Bureau data.
In an annual report, the Census said there are 45.5 million Hispanics in the U.S., up from 35.7 million in 2000, when they made up 12.6% of the population. It said growth among Hispanics was responsible for half of the U.S. population gains between 2000 and 2007.
WSJ's Conor Dougherty discusses the rising Hispanic/Latino population among the findings from the latest Census data. In the 1990s, a flood of Hispanic immigrants explained most of the group's population rise. That has changed in recent years. Between 2006 and 2007, about 62% of the increase in Hispanics came from births.
(Excerpt) Read more at online.wsj.com ...
Under Bush, that flow became a TORRENT!
He CLEARLY doesnt care WHAT we think!
DO TRY TO GET THAT MEMORY OVER THE TRADITIONAL 20 NANOSECOND LEVEL AND HOLD THE THOUGHT THROUGH NOVEMBER 08!
In ABSTRACT terms, this is the conspiratorial view of whats going on vis-à-vis the INVASION of the illegals here:
The current alien invasion from the south serves BOTH the elites who run Mexico and many of the OTHER states of Central and South America -- and the political ruling class who increasingly run the United States:
· It takes pressure off the 60 or so families who control approximately 80% of the wealth in Mexico. Without the northern safety valve (the United States) for their poor, those poor MIGHT be inclined to do what Americas early colonists found it necessary to do: Revolt! Parenthetically, that would be MY suggestion for them: Instead of fleeing here and converting here to a larger, more poverty infested version of there, they ought to stay there and make there into their version of here, whatever that would be. Revolutions ARE messy and there are no guarantees that they will produce the desired result. But according to one T. Jefferson they are often necessary. Never forget that THIS country was born in revolution!
"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson ·
· For the NAFTA/CAFTA coveting US national ruling class especially those who, in varying degrees, quest after some sort of One-World utopia run by guess who? it provides yet another level of insecurity and tension among the indigenous populace which can be used to justify new and more draconian limits to freedom here. Instead of securing the borders, allow millions of illegals to come in and when the natives become alarmed, require a national ID card. Your papers, please! will soon become a phrase familiar to all. Its Mr. Franklins trade of freedom for (false) security. Its also the time-tested Hegelian Dialectic the One-Worlders have successfully worked like a rented mule.
While they occasionally squabble among themselves, the elites of history have ALL had one thing in common: They will do ANYTHING to remain in charge. And throughout that history, except for the 230 year-old experiment in freedom called America, most of the men who have walked the earth have lived as slaves to these elites whether they call themselves kings, emperors, potentates, sultans, czars or presidents.
Get ready, folks. Unless some SERIOUS changes are made and the handful of Americans who CARE about liberty get involved, that history will almost certainly repeat here.
Now for the SPECIFICS of the matter:
My take on Bush's role in all of this is:
1. His long and apparently positive experience with the large hispanic population in Texas is largely responsible for his inaction on this alien invasion. And why wouldn't HIS experience with them be positive as he traveled in the highest, best-educated circles among them, not the Hispanic gangbangers and pine-straw spreaders...
2. Boy Jorge Bush was cared for by a Hispanic nanny for many years while his daddy was running Zapata Oil (into the ground).
3. His brother Jeb is married to a native of Mexico (the daughter of a migrant worker) and his nieces and nephews are mixed blood. And before you scream "ethnocentric bigot" at me, there's nothing inherently wrong with that. But that fact -- and items 1 and 2 DO predispose him to a warm and fuzzy feeling for folks from south of the Rio Grande.
And if -- in some strange and metastasizing American desire for a new royal family dynasty -- Jeb or his son should win the White House in some future presidential beauty contest designed to divert the American electorate every four years, I'd bet that HIS activities toward this alien invasion will make W's behavior look like a warm-up exercise.
Any vestige of Western European culture -- the culture MY great-grandparents and probably yours brought here after standing in line at places like Ellis Island, being interrogated, deloused and recorded -- will be a distant memory IF its remembered at all.
Surge in U.S. Hispanic Population Driven by Births, Not Immigration
Hispanics now account for more than 15% of the U.S. population, and their surge is largely the result of births among people already in the country, according to new Census Bureau data. “
Uh.....I think they had to immigrate here to be here to have the babies.....Kind of a chicken and egg thing...
“Yeah, well this is just Phase 2 of any good invasion plan. “
Sam, people will think you’re just being clever, but that’s exactly how it’s been done since man first invaded his neighbor. And it’s always followed by bloodshed. Always.
Understood. It was stated with some sarcasm.
But I was dead serious when I wrote it....knowing full well what lies down the road.
Given the protests we saw last year form illegals taking to the streets with impunity, we had all best be aware of what is coming.
“Newt suggested the 100,000 IRS agents be given weapons and sent down to the border with Mexico.) That certainly works for me.
Under Bush, that flow became a TORRENT! “
Thanks for your post, lots of good points. But Newt, I must take exception to. I believe he said it, don’t get me wrong, but for years he fully supported all of Bush’s amnesty plans. Even signing a letter with other open border advocates, like Linda Chavez promoting it in the Wall St. Journal.
In 1998, workplace enforcement was stopped. The Clinton Admin. had actually been doing a pretty good job until then.
Know who put a stop to it because they wanted cheap labor for their states donors? The Georgia house delegation, that’s who.
Why & When workplace enforcement of illegal aliens stopped
Newt Gingrich, Conservative? NOT on immigration!
Conservatives Join Together to Support Immigration and Immigration Reform
Arlington, VA The following “Conservative Statement of Principles on Immigration” appeared today in the Wall Street Journal. If you have any questions regarding the statement please contact Tamar Jacoby,
The Wall Street Journal
February 6, 2004
Welcome to America
AlsoHow many of these children are anchor babies for increasingly desperate illegals?
Don’t presume they are keeping traditional culture at all.
AlsoHow many of these children are anchor babies for increasingly desperate illegals?
Meaningless to the fact that the result is exactly the same.
Oh, for crying out loud. That has been thoroughly disproved. They may be conservative on social ideas (How is having making babies in the U.S. while leaving your wife behind in a place like mexico "conservative"?) but on the political front they are purely socialist.
You said it yourself. They come from socialist countries. Where would they get their conservative values/ideas from?
Did you honestly say that because you disagree with a law it is ok to disobey it?
I haven’t been responding to most of these, because they just restate the original disagreement. But that one is so stupid it does call for a response. If a law is not enforced, then its not even really a law. The speed limits are a good example. The sign says 65, but you don’t get a ticket until 75. What is with those 10 mph? I don’t know, but I do know that most people are pretty indignant when they get a ticket for being 3 mph above the speed limit.
If a law goes 25 years without being enforced, if you wait until there are over 10 million immigrants here holding jobs, then to start your enforcement mechanism with the word “Roundup” is more than impractical, its impossible.
First, they CAN give you a ticket for any amount over the speed limit. They rarely do, probably because they are after bigger $$ tickets, and they probably also want to give the benefit of the doubt for people’s speedometers being off. Doesn’t matter, the law is the law and if you get a ticket and go in and use the logic you used here, with a judge to get out of it, I suspect you will still be paying a ticket. Go try it.
Second, illegal immigration law has NOT not been enforced. It has simply not been enforced enough. There are people deported all the time.
So, back to my original question to you, which you didn’t answer. Are you saying it’s ok to disregard a law because you don’t agree with it?
re: speeding tickets, they CAN, but they DON’T, and therefore EVERYONE drives 5-10 mph above the speed limit. That’s the whole point.
I did not say you can ignore laws you don’t agree with. I said that a significant grey area is created when laws on the books are not enforced. And clearly immigration laws have NOT been enforced.
Thanks for pointing this out. I was about to go look for the article myself.
President Eisenhower did quite a good job at enforcing the immigration laws. It can be done again.