For my savior's and our nation's sake (not being blasphemous-just using this for emphasis ;)), we give due process rights to convicted CRIMINALS should unborn American citizens be give the same ~rights~ (if not better) before we take away their rights to live (et all..)!? PRO ABORTIONISTS (Murder Enablers) are SO INCONSISTENT!
His willful associations of long standing and his repeated far-left positions over years mark him for who he is...not what he is now saying to try and address his "problems" with voters in an effort to get their vote so that he can then inact and move forward with that long standing agenda.
So now he’s throwing dead babies under the bus?
This man is a sick liar. How can a man who has fought to protect infanticide even say that with a straight face?
All Obama’s promises have expiration dates. They end in January 2009.
May 18, 2008: Iran, Cuba, Venezuela, these countries are tiny compared to the Soviet Union. They don't pose a serious threat to us. ...they spend 1/100th of what we spend on the military. I mean, if Iran ever tried to pose a serious threat to us, they wouldn't stand a chance.
May 20, 2008: Iran is a grave threat. It has an illicit nuclear program. It supports terrorism across the regions and militias in Iraq. It threatens Israel's existence. It denies the Holocaust.
Source for these genuine Obama quotes: NewsBusters.org:
From OnTheIssues.org: Obama on Abortion
* Ok for state to restrict late-term partial birth abortion. (Apr 2008)
* We can find common ground between pro-choice and pro-life. (Apr 2008)
* Undecided on whether life begins at conception. (Apr 2008)
* Teach teens about abstinence and also about contraception. (Apr 2008)
* GovWatch: Obama's "present" votes were a requested strategy. (Feb 2008)
* Expand access to contraception; reduce unintended pregnancy. (Feb 2008)
* Rated 100% by NARAL on pro-choice votes in 2005, 2006 & 2007. (Jan 2008)
* Voted against banning partial birth abortion. (Oct 2007)
* Stem cells hold promise to cure 70 major diseases. (Aug 2007)
* Trust women to make own decisions on partial-birth abortion. (Apr 2007)
* Extend presumption of good faith to abortion protesters. (Oct 2006)
* Constitution is a living document; no strict constructionism. (Oct 2006)
* Moral accusations from pro-lifers are counterproductive. (Oct 2004)
* Pass the Stem Cell Research Bill. (Jun 2004)
* Protect a woman's right to choose. (May 2004)
* Supports Roe v. Wade. (Jul 1998)
* Voted NO on defining unborn child as eligible for SCHIP. (Mar 2008)
* Voted NO on prohibiting minors crossing state lines for abortion. (Mar 2008)
* Voted YES on expanding research to more embryonic stem cell lines. (Apr 2007)
* Voted NO on notifying parents of minors who get out-of-state abortions. (Jul 2006)
* Voted YES on $100M to reduce teen pregnancy by education & contraceptives. (Mar 2005)
* Sponsored bill providing contraceptives for low-income women. (May 2006)
* Rated 0% by the NRLC, indicating a pro-choice stance. (Dec 2006)
* Ensure access to and funding for contraception. (Feb 2007)
From OnTheIssues.org: John McCain on Abortion:
* Pro-life and an advocate for the Rights of Man everywhere. (Feb 2008)
* GovWatch: 1999: Don't force women to have illegal operations. (Feb 2008)
* Abortion issue shows what kind of country we are. (Aug 2007)
* Concerned if women undergo illegal dangerous operations. (May 2007)
* Supports federal funding of embryonic stem cell research. (May 2007)
* Prosecute abortion doctors, not women who get them. (Jan 2000)
* Family Conference if daughter wanted an abortion. (Jan 2000)
* Abortion OK if raped; and no testing for rape. (Jan 2000)
* Supports fetal tissue research; against over-intensity. (Jan 2000)
* Overturn Roe v. Wade, but keep incest & rape exceptions. (Jan 2000)
* Support adoption & foster care; work together on abortion. (Oct 1999)
* Wants Roe vs. Wade made irrelevant, but would not repeal it. (Aug 1999)
* Opposes partial-birth abortions & public financing. (Aug 1999)
* Nominate justices based on experience, and values. (Jun 1999)
* Restrict abortions; no partial-birth; no public funding. (Jul 1998)
* Supports repealing Roe v. Wade. (May 2007)
* Voted YES on defining unborn child as eligible for SCHIP. (Mar 2008)
* Voted YES on barring HHS grants to organizations that perform abortions. (Oct 2007)
* Voted YES on expanding research to more embryonic stem cell lines. (Apr 2007)
* Voted YES on notifying parents of minors who get out-of-state abortions. (Jul 2006)
* Voted NO on $100M to reduce teen pregnancy by education & contraceptives. (Mar 2005)
* Voted YES on criminal penalty for harming unborn fetus during other crime. (Mar 2004)
* Voted YES on banning partial birth abortions except for maternal life. (Mar 2003)
* Voted YES on maintaining ban on Military Base Abortions. (Jun 2000)
* Voted YES on banning partial birth abortions. (Oct 1999)
* Voted YES on banning human cloning. (Feb 1998)
* Rated 0% by NARAL, indicating a pro-life voting record. (Dec 2003)
* Expand embryonic stem cell research. (Jun 2004)
* Rated 75% by the NRLC, indicating a mixed record on abortion. (Dec 2006)
Yup. The last two elections have been so close that he knows he only has to confuse a few dumb “independents” and “swing voters” to win. He doesn’t really expect to win the evangelical vote, for example, but just to peel enough away from the Republicans to change the outcome. He also needs the idiot Liberaltarians to throw their votes away.
Well - the fact of the matter - a lot of voters ARE fools. Many will fall for his lies, no matter how easy they are to show.
Of course - will there be any Republican slam on this issue (or any of the others that Obama is faking or lying about)? I seriously doubt it. McCain is more interested in keeping on good relations with his close friends across the isle to "offend" anyone.
It would be so simple to choke Obama with the facts - his voting record. Obama is even more evil than Planned Parenthood.... he loves blood.
“Obama has spent a scant two years in the Senate but served eight years at the Illinois capitol in Springfield.
During that time, Obama voted AGAINST (emphasis mine) a bill that received national attention and would protect babies born alive after botched abortions.”
Obama wanted born-alive babies to be left to die on a shelf.
If this goes the way I think it will, he’ll offer up a mealy-mouthed defense designed to offer a shadow of a doubt regarding his stand on abortion (why he keeps thinking that he can use a standard of proof more suited to a murder trial than a race for the highest office in the land is beyond me). Then surrogates (probably connected with his campaign) will start sliming McCain on issues deemed to be a deal breaker for evangelicals. Personally, I don’t think evangelicals will fall for it because as a group they hate liars and they despise equivication, to say nothing of being, well, um, conservative. He’s not going to try to do this legitimately, that’s for sure!
What angers me is how the GOP has treated Obama with kid gloves. Someone prominent needs to step up and give a speech denouncing Obama's policies and proposals. Too bad Helms passed away, he would have surely shredded this clown.
Thirty-five years after the Supreme Court decided Roe v. Wade, its never been more important to protect a womans right to choose....Throughout my career, Ive been a consistent and strong supporter of reproductive justice, and have consistently had a 100% pro-choice rating with Planned Parenthood and NARAL Pro-Choice America.
~~~ Senator Barack Obama
Barack Obama is a co-sponsor of the Freedom of Choice Act (FOCA), a bill that would nullify virtually all federal and state limitations on abortion, including the types now permitted by the Supreme Court, such as parental notification laws and waiting periods. It would also make partial-birth abortion legal again.
While in the Illinois State Senate, Barack Obama voted against legislation that prohibited taxpayer dollars from being used to pay for abortion. His campaign has stated that he does not support the Hyde Amendment, which prohibits taxpayer funding of abortion through the Medicaid program.
Barack Obama voted to block a bill to require an abortionist to notify a parent before performing an abortion on a minor who lives in another state.
Barack Obama voted against an amendment to allow states to provide federally subsidized health care insurance for an unborn child (within the SCHIP program). The amendment would have written explicit language into the SCHIP statute to guarantee that a covered child includes, at the option of a State, an unborn child. The amendment further defined unborn child as a member of the species homo sapiens, at any stage of development, who is carried in the womb.
Barack Obama sharply criticized the Supreme Court for its 2007 Gonzales v. Carhart decision upholding the Partial-Birth Abortion Ban Act. He said, I strongly disagree with todays Supreme Court ruling...I am extremely concerned that this ruling will embolden state legislatures to enact further measures to restrict a womans right to choose, and that the conservative Supreme Court justices will look for other opportunities to erode Roe v. Wade, which is established federal law and a matter of equal rights for women.
While a member of the Illinois State Senate, Barack Obama opposed the proposed Born-Alive Infants Protection Act (BAIPA). The measure was very similar to the federal BAIPA, which President Bush signed into law in 2002. Obama opposed the legislation for three straight legislative sessions and twice spoke against the bill on the Senate floor. He voted against the bill twice in committee and once on the Senate floor. Both laws were intended to provide protection for babies who survived abortions equal to protection received by babies who are spontaneously born prematurely.
Since his election to the Senate in 2004, Barack Obama has compiled a 0% voting record on prolife issues scored by the National Right to Life Committee. By contrast, he has a 100% rating from NARAL Pro-Choice America.
"Show me just what Mohammed brought that was new, and there you will find things only evil and inhuman, such as his command to spread by the sword the faith he preached." - Manuel II Palelologus
Obama seems to be triangulating the schizophrenic vote.