Skip to comments.Hold The Line On Palin Freepers! (Vanity)
Posted on 09/03/2008 7:46:09 AM PDT by bcatwilly
I know that most on here are ticked off and supporting Governor Palin, but for those worried about the attacks and any polls of the moment consider the following:
1. This election was always going to be a dogfight given the political climate; does anyone believe for a minute that the polls would suddenly turn great with Romney or Pawlenty on the ticket with McCain? Having said that, Palin has fired up conservatives (me included) for this ticket at a level that was not possible with the other known choices at least.
2. If you assume that the base is fired up then now the McCain can begin to hammer away on the fact that Obama has done ZERO, which began last night. Ironically enough the attacks from the left and the Obama campaign on Palin's experience really just provides a major opening to have a discussion about Obama's total lack of experience. And yes I believe that can matter to people that he is at the top of the ticket when making final decisions, not the bottom of the ticket.
3. Some of this media frenzy about the Palin family and the "vetting" process has once again really pissed off conservatives and provided a major opening to further "vet" Mr. Obama in various forums, particularly the 527s. The Democrats can whine all they want, but a calculated slam of Obama's questionable ties done well could be the difference between winning and losing this election. They still reference the "Swift Boaters" from last election, and I loved giving them my hard earned money to get their message out.
4. It is never fun to be behind in the polls, but here is my take on the polls this cycle: - I do believe that Obama has brought in many new voters to their side and has an energized base, so this can't be discounted. However, I am still a little suspicious about the "party identification" numbers being so great for the Democrats in the poll weighting. I think that the pick of Palin firing up the Republican base may not be fully reflected in the weighting going forward. - The total lack of experience of Obama and quite frankly the racist tendencies of many blue-collar Democrats are factors that may never fully reflect until in the voting booth to make that final decision. I say that Obama better be at least outside the polling margin of error going into election day to feel very comfortable.
5. For the same reason that some have become anxious with the fast news cycle on Palin garbage, there can be significant changes in the dynamics of this race based on the debates. I don't think that McCain is a "polished speaker", but it is hard to believe that he couldn't just crush that guy on lack of experience in the debates. I also think that McCain should publicly challenge him from the podium in the very first debate to have a separate series of town hall meetings (as already challenged by McCain) so that public can fully "vet" the candidates in response to Obama's statement in his DNC speech that he would welcome any debate with McCain.
This will be a tough fight until the end, so hang in there Freepers and keep up the good fight!
I am behind McCain-Palin 110%.
What really makes me sick to my stomach are the so called “conservatives”, who backed other candidates, who are attacking her because their candidate was not selected VeePee or because their candidate was not nominated.
Its time to attack....being passive is not going to work. I think we are tired of Repubs/Bush being passive and not getting their message out. Go after Obama and Bill Ayers...Biden and his son being indicted...attack!
Also don’t go into a panic attack over every poll with Obama ahead.. Just watch in how they campaign.
Amen. I admit they had me reeling for a hot second, but I’m over that now. I am so nervous and excited for Sarah Palin tonight. I hope she hits a grand slam. And I can’t wait for the new ad coming out at noon. (just in time for Rush.)
I am behind McCain about 70% and Palin about 150%
Which averages out to a nice even 110%!
Sarah Palin represents everything that the Left is not
It is often said that one can be judged by looking at who ones enemies are.
Gov Wilder was up by 20 points in Virginia won by 1 point.
The good news for the country is that Palin was a good pick. The worst scandals they have dredged up so far are that Bristol delivered Trig one month after becoming pregnant with a new baby, and that Palin may have pushed to permanently remove a state trooper who threatened civilians and used a taser on a child essentially for fun. The first accusation is so phenomenally stupid that I'm amazed it hasn't died off from laughter, although it wouldn't have mattered even if it was true. The second sounds like another reason to vote for Governor Palin - leaders are supposed to lead and to make the right thing happen. Or is someone suggesting that the Alaska State Police would have been better off with that trooper on their roster?
Polls are still meaningless at this point. This is going to bounce back and forth right up until election night.
Ignore them - just make sure you and everyone else you know does their duty and votes on election night. We’ll win this in the end.
We must stand with her.. She is the future of our party and out nation.. The MSM knows this and they are attacking her with everything they got to get her out of this race.
“I don’t want to get any messages saying, ‘I am holding my position.’ We are not holding a G*ddamned thing. Let the Germans do that. We are advancing constantly and we are not interested in holding onto anything, except the enemy’s b**ls. We are going to twist his b**ls and kick the living s**t out of him all of the time. Our basic plan of operation is to advance and to keep on advancing regardless of whether we have to go over, under, or through the enemy. We are going to go through him like crap through a goose; like s**t through a tin horn!”
—George S. Patton, June 5, 1944
The MSM has already written their articles for tomorrow morning slamming everything about her speech. Expect more of the same.
The more the MSM attacks Palin, the worse it is for Barry.
She can field dress a moose, she’s qualified to be Vice President.
For those in St Paul, it’s time to get out of your seats and rock that house tonight!
I converted another dim relative to McCain/Palin last night. She (my relative) was outraged over the attacks on a fellow woman and mother. Those presstitutes have stomped on the flaming bag of dog poo that John McCain left on their porch.
“Sarah Palin represents everything that the Left is not”
Which is exactly why Palin was chosen to play the diversion,IMHO. Of course I’m speculating, but I’m sticking to my position that the real VP pick is about to make (her) debut as the September surprise unfolds. Yup, you guessed it. As blatently unlikely as it may seem I’m betting “Condi” as McCain’s ace card, will be the real VP pick !!. So go ahead, fire away; tell me how much of a nut I am. But remember when it happens, you heard it here first !
I would not say for certain that we are behind in the polls. I still think that these pollsters know just who to poll to get the results they want. I wonder if some of them might even take money to make it seem that it is in favor of one candidate or another. Sarah hasn’t shown the baracuda side yet, and I’m certain that Biden doesn’t want to see it, either. I wonder if he will agree to a debate...even one!
What an awesome ad! American pie! The real deal!