Skip to comments.Too late to elect Newt Gingrich?
Posted on 09/29/2008 7:18:53 PM PDT by NoobRep
Gingrich's four-point plan includes: (1) suspending immediately mark to market provisions (the accounting practice of valuing a financial position in an investment at its current market price) in the hopes of stopping the downward spiral in asset values and eventually replacing it with a three year rolling average; (2) repealing immediately Sarbanes-Oxley, the 2002 accounting law Gingrich described as "an enormous drag on small business"; (3) setting the capital gains tax rate at zero "matching the Chinese and Singapore" (to encourage private capital to flood into the market picking up properties without the taxpayers being at risk); and (4) passing an "extraordinarily powerful" energy bill ("to return $500 billion a year to the American economy that are currently going overseas").
I loved the fact that Great gave him a full half hour.
You should read Newt’s book “Real Change” — he explains very well what happened back then and the mentality of the GOP House leaders. It’s a great read!
So go ahead and ignore anything of value that Newt has to say because he sat on the couch with Pelosi. I’m sure your ability to link a photo is going a long way towards finding a solution to the current problems.
It’s too late, but not too late for some of the Republican boneheads to give his ideas a listen.
No Newt is a one man cult of personality who is right maybe 20% of the time. Problem is you get the other 80% along the way. The guy was, and still is, wrong on Iraq, wrong on Katerina, wrong on Global warming. Also, curious thing about Newt. Throws out all this soundbites, never tells anyone HOW we are suppose to do any of these things. It not abut solutions, it about feeding Newt’s ego.
But I know. Don’t bother then Newt Cult of Personality drones with such pedestrian things as FACTS!
Living up to your screen name this evening, I see.
A capital gains tax of 0% might trigger a flood of selling in locked up assets. No assurance that it would all come back into the market - it might head straight for tax free munis or something. Instant increase in income flowing from investments.
LOL! It was too late to elect Newt Gingrich after Bill Clinton steam-rolled him in ‘95.
A good set of ideas is a good set of ideas. McCain and the Republicans should look at them and utilize them . Personal opinions of Newt aside . Newt is giving our side the way out of this mess and a way to save the election ....
Let’s do this !
Everything that was promised in the "Contract With America" came to pass. Recall that it applied only to the House and that it promised only that a Republican majority would bring these things to a vote.
Everything that was promised did come to a vote in the House and all of them passed (except term limits). Those elements that passed the House and did not become law were rejected by the Senate (which was not bound by the Contract With America).
Newt and the House lived up to their end of the bargain.
Instead of Osamabama, you mean?
Just to make John McLame look good?
Your weak attempt at reasonable thought has been duly noted. Enjoy your evening.
"The World According to Newt, or How I Would Have Done It if I Hadn't Had to Pout..."
Sorry, Phillies are in the playoffs and it affects my brain.
Again, I invite you to enlighten me on how Newt is wrong in his proposed steps to deal with the financial crisis. If you can't or won't, please consider our exchange completed.
Just watched him on Greta’s show. Mr. Newt MUST become President one day.
LMAO! hitlery still has his testicles in a lock box... along with many others. El Rushbo has a list of victims names.
I heard someone on Fox say “Sarbanes” but he didn’t elaborate.