Obama Just Can't Get On The Right Side Of Any Issue.
Barack Obama Was Wrong - The Surge Worked In Iraq:
* US casulaties are down almost 80%, violence is down even more to the lowest levels since the war started and it's directly due to the troop surge that John McCain was among the first to support. The surge worked, Al Qaeda In Iraq is being neutralized and stability and cooperation is growing among Iraqis. Barack Obama was wrong to oppose the surge and was wrong when he said it wouldn't work and was wrong when he said that it would make the violence worse.
And now, faced with the undeniable success of the surge, Obama has the audacity to simply distort the truth, in an interview aired the very night that John McCain accepted the Republican Presidential Nomination, saying that "nobody anticipated" the surge would succeed like it did. John McCain thought it would work, knew it would work and that's why he pushed for it from the very beginning.
In Barack Obama's First Major Foreign Policy Decision As US Senator - He Voted Against The Surge And He Got It Completely Wrong.
FannieMae former-CEO's Golden Parachutes Landed Them Right Into The Obama Campaign:
* John McCain was right to co-sponsor a Senate Bill to reform FannieMae's recklessness back in 2005, to head off the coming subprime mortgage meltdown. That bill was blocked by Senate Democrats. The Chairman & CEO of FannieMae at the time, Franklin D. Raines, soon took an "early retirement" amid investigations by the SEC for "accounting irregularities" and was sued for his mismanagement of FannieMae, lawsuits which he just settled this year by paying out millions in penalites. Raines is now one of Barack Obama's economic advisors.
And another former FannieMae Chairman & CEO, Jim Johnson, led Barack Obama's vice-presidential search committee. In 2004, a Federal Investigation found during Johnson's tenure, FannieMae had improperly deferred $200 million in expenses and later found that FannieMae substantially under-reported Johnson's compensation to the tune of almost $20 million. Coincidentially, Obama has received more campaign contributions from FannieMae employees than ALL other Senators except one, Senator Chris Dodd.
We Need More Reform And More Accountibility With Less Favoritism And Less Conflict Of Interest.
Allowing Born-Alive Babies To Die Is Not Part Of A Woman's Choice:
* When asked by Saddleback Church Pastor Rick Warren "When does a baby get human rights", Barack Obama said glibly that it was "above my pay grade". How can a man who wants to be President Of The United States say that questions about Human Rights are "above my pay grade"? Barack Obama, while Illinois State Senator actually voted several times to allow newborn infants, babies born alive who survived late-term abortions, to be neglected, denied medical care, starved and killed in hospitals as a form of "reproductive rights" and "women's choice".
Even dogs would have more rights than babies who survive abortion under laws supported by Obama. Barack Obama voted on record to say that those living breathing infants do not have human rights and yet he didn't even have the courage to answer that same question at a time when the people of the nation he wants to lead are all watching and listening. That's just shameful cowardice.
We Can't Protect Human Rights If We Can't Protect Human Life.
ALL Americans Will Pay For Obama's Tax Increases:
* When taxes on business go up, customers pay for that tax in higher prices in goods and services. Barack Obama's tax increase on business will be payed by everyday consumers and that affects EVERYBODY. Obama also wants to double the capital-gains tax on investments. When capital-gains taxes go up, it stifles investment incentives which is a direct hit for any middle-class folks with stock investments, and an indirect hit to anyone wih an IRA, 401k or pension because of the stifling ripple effect it would cause in the markets.
And Barack Obama has even admitted himself that he wants to double the capital-gains tax NOT to raise revenue, but rather to get even with people who make money on their market investments - he said back in April 2008 that he wanted to raise the capital-gains tax NOT to increase revenue but simply "for the purpose of fairness". How is it "fair" to punish people who invest their money and put their money at risk in the stock market? If anything it punishes the entire market and everyone who has any investments in the market (including IRAs, 401ks, pensions, etc.) will be punished by a stifled stock market that is smothered by higher taxes "for the purpose of fairness".
Taxing "The Rich" Does Not Create Jobs Or Wealth For The Poor.
You Don't Control Spending By Creating New Spending Programs:
* Barack Obama's own campaign website details no less than $200 Billion per year in new spending programs or over a quarter of a trillion dollars in new spending in just his first four years as President. $85 Billion-a-year in income-tax credits to non-payers of income-tax, $65 Billion-a-year "global poverty tax", $65 Billion-a-year gov't health care plan, $30 Billion-a-year for "free" college tuition, $25 Billion-a-year increase in foreign aid, $18 Billion-a-year in education spending, $15 Billion-a-year in green energy, $5 Billion-a-year universal mortgage credit, $5 Billion mortgage bailout plan, $2 Billion-a-year "Clean Technologies Venture Capital" slush fund, $3.5 Billion for a national service plan, $1.5 Billion "paid-leave" funded by the gov't. Put it all together, and we are talking about a $200 billon plan, $800 Billion over four years.
And these are just the STARTING figures. As a universal rule, gov't programs always end up costing far more than their projected to cost when first proposed. And this doesn't even consider the $700 Billion FannieMae/FreddieMac bailout being pushed through Congress right now.
Barack Obama's Answer To Every Domestic Issue Starts With A Billion Dollars And Ends With A Bigger Government Program.
Inconsistent Rhetoric Reveals Inconsistent Resolve:
* While campaigning in Oregon in April 2008, Barack Obama nonchalantly dismissed the very serious notion that Iran is a threat to the US saying, "They don't pose a serious threat to us... Iran may spend one one-hundredth of what we spend on the military. I mean, if Iran ever tried to pose a serious threat to us, they wouldn't stand a chance". Then, just two days later, Obama proclaimed, "Iran is a grave threat. It has an illicit nuclear program, it supports terrorism across the region..." Well, which is it? Is Iran a threat or not?
Confusing statements such as this do not show a confidence of understanding or resolve. Back in August 2007, Barack Obama stated categorically that he would certainly launch military attacks within Pakistan against terrorists without then-President Mushariff's approval or cooperation "If we have actionable intelligence about high-value terrorist targets and President Musharraf won't act, we will,". Pakistan is a nuclear power and ally in the region. Apparently Obama thinks Iran is less of a threat than Pakistan because he has said repeatedly since then that he'd prefer to use economic santions against Iran if they don't cooperate with stopping their nuclear program - but if Pakistan is uncooperative about terrorists hiding in their mountain caves, he says he'd launch military attacks inside Pakistan.
But then, we don't even know if Obama is serious when he says he would support economic santions against Iran. Last year Obama was one of only few Senators who voted against the bipartisan-supported Kyl-Lieberman Amendment which would impose economic sanctions against the Iranian Revolutionary Guard. Even Harry Reid, Hillary Clinton, Chuck Schumer and Dick Durbin voted for sanctions, but Obama voted 'no' calling it "saber-rattling". Again, Obama's recent trail of very inconsistent stances regarding the threat of nuclear-armed Islamicists (whether they be in Pakistan or Iran) is not something that creates confidence in ANY position Obama says he has regarding these threats.
Obama's Inconsistent And Contradictory Responses To These Serious National Security Threats Are Inconsistent And Contradictory With Him Being Taken Seriously About Any Response To National Security Threats.
You Are Who You Associate With:
Obama either didn't know or didn't care about whom he intentionally chose to associate with in college just as long as they were, in his own words, "the more politically active black students. The foreign students. The Chicanos. The Marxist Professors and the structural feminists and punk-rock performance poets... we were resisting bourgeois society's stifling constraints."
Obama either didn't know or didn't care that his friend and fellow partner on several Chicago community organization boards and in whose home he launched his political career, William Ayers, was an infamous and unrepentent radical leftwing terrorist who boasted about planting bombs and killing people in this country.
Obama either didn't know or didn't care that the Chicago Community Organizing group that he chose to join was founded by self-avowed Communist-supporter Saul Alinsky (who actually dedicated his book, "Rules For Radicals" to Lucifer) and that he was mentored by one of Alinsky's students John L. McKnight who was also an unapologetic radical Socialist.
Obama either didn't know or didn't care that his colleague, supporter and personal friend, Rashid Khalidi, who was married to the President of the Arab American Action Network to which Obama helped funnel $40,000 from his Woods Fund, was also a long-time anti-Israeli and an ardent supporter of the PLO while working for the Palestinian news agency, Wafa.
Obama either didn't know or didn't care that his friend Tony Rezko who bailed Obama out of financial trouble and bought him a home was a such a corrupt slumlord that he was just convicted for years of committing extortion, fraud and money laundering.
Obama either didn't know or didn't care that one of his vice-presidential search committee advisors, Jim Johnson was the former Chairman & CEO of Fannie Mae which, in a 2004 Federal Investigation, was found to have improperly deferred $200 million in expenses, substantially under-reported his own compensation to the tune of almost $20 million and who personally received below market-rate loans from Countrywide Financial because the corporation considered them to be "FOA's" - "Friends of Angelo" (Countrywide CEO Angelo Mozilo).
Obama either didn't know or didn't care that his close friend, Frank Marshall Davis, whom he wrote about with such admiration in his book "Dreams Of My Father" was a radical member of the Communist Party USA, an ardent Stalinist and a outspoken supporter of the 60's Black-Power movement.
Obama either didn't know or didn't care that his own Church, Trinity United, was founded on the racist 'Black Liberation Theology" teachings of the 1960's radical Black-Supremacist James Cone who wrote and spoke extensively of his hatred of whites including: "If God is not for us and against white people, then he is a murderer, and we had better kill him... Black theology will accept only the love of God which participates in the destruction of the white enemy."
Obama either didn't know or didn't care that his own pastor of over 20 years, Rev. Jeremiah Wright, who conducted his marriage and children's baptisms and served as adivsor on his campaign had regularly spewed the most offensive, racist, white-hating, America-hating "sermons" in his very own Church and praised the likes of Louis Farrahkahn, Mohammar Khaddaffi and sympathized with Hamas.
Gee, what a wonderful judge of character this guy is.
Obama Has Spent His Whole Life Intentionally Associating With Militants, Marxists, Radicals, Racists, Crooks And Communists.
Don’t forget about his campaigning and support of Odinga.
posted on 10/09/2008 1:12:58 PM PDT
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson