Skip to comments.How the GOP Got Here: A Symposium (Mark Steyn)
Posted on 11/05/2008 12:08:54 PM PST by mojito
I congratulate Senator Obama on a remarkable and decisive victory. It was in many ways the final battle in a war the Republican Party didnt even bother fighting the long march through the institutions. While the Senator certainly enjoyed the patronage of the Chicago machine, he is not primarily a political figure: Whether educators like William Ayers or therapeutic pop-culture types like Oprah, his closest associations are beyond the world of electoral politics. He emerged rather from all the cultural turf the GOP largely abandoned during its 30-year winning streak at the ballot box, and his victory demonstrates the folly of assuming that folks will continue to pull the lever for guys with an R after their name every other November even as all the other institutions in society become de facto liberal one-party states.
Bill Bennett asked me on the air the other day why voters were so hot for this hopenchange mush, and I suggested that its the dominant vernacular of the age. Go into almost any American grade-school and stroll the corridors: youll find the walls lined with Sharpie-bright supersized touchy-feely abstractions: RESPECT, DREAM, TOGETHER, DIVERSITY. By contrast, Mister Maverick talked of reaching across the aisle and ending earmarks, which may sound heroic in Washington but ring shriveled and reductive to anyone whos not obsessed with legislative process. This dead language embodied the narrow sliver of turf on which he was fighting, while Obama was bestriding the broader cultural space. Republicans need to start their own long march back through all the institutions they ceded. Otherwise, the default mode of this society will be liberal, and whats left of the Republican party will be reduced (as in other parts of the west) to begging the electorate for the occasional opportunity to prove it can run the liberal state just as well as liberals can.
The Republican Party isn’t dead...but it’s on life support awaiting a cure.
Well, if the Republicans ever are to regin their status they will need to have spokespersons for the conservative values than the RINO’s. I was at least glad to see Shays get defeated.
I’m picturing McCain back in the Senate...reaching across the aisle...for a handout.
The problem is that brain-dead pinkos are incapable of running anything.
It took them awhile but the Chicago Machine did it again.
Slowly but steadily the left infiltrated and indoctrinated the masses, melding minds of the young and the ignorant to do their bidding.
Mao and Joe would be proud.
Everyone needs to see the movie "Idiocracy" Although vulgar in spots, it's about the people of the future who communicate through advertising slogans. "Branding", "logos", "buzz words"-- How about "retroactive tax increases", "redistribution of wealth", "the fairness doctrine"--I can figure those out in a hurry.
True enough, but the 'broader cultural space' has become a field where halfwits play, and are easily seduced by single syllable words like 'hope' and 'change', incapable of considering their implications.
Mark gets it.
When you surrender the schools, the media, the bureaucracies, entertainment, etc. to the other side you’re not left with a lot of ammunition with which to mount an attack.
Check this out for a wake up call...
McCain will be back in the senate reaching across the aisle helping Obama enact an amnesty, which will destroy the GOP and the country with the stroke of a pen. Then McCain can go back home with a sense of satisfaction that he paid the Reps back for 2000. Johnny, we hardly knew ya.
“Republicans need to start their own long march back through all the institutions they ceded.”
And when they get done with that long march, they will find an America so radically reshaped by immigration that no one will understand their english.
Christopher Shays lost? LOL!
Does his wife still have the job Clinton gave her?
All the spokesmen in the world will not counter the Left control of the education of the children. I think education is a lost cause. This regime will end homeschooling and will require a government curriculum and equal racial, sexual, and other “minority” representation in private and parochial schools .
Cain will be effectively a Democrat from mow on.
I wrote this to a friend last night who asked me why I thought McCain and the Republicans lost or were in such decline.
1) Selecting a moderate as a candidate is suicide. To wit, some great moderates in recent Republican history: Ford, Bush Sr., Dole, McCain, need I say more? They are all losers because given the choice between voting democrat or democrat light, the voters select the real brewsky. So called moderates stand for NOTHING. Granted, McCain stood for something from a national security standpoint but NOTHING economically. His campaign was DONE when he suspended it during the Wall Street crisis, went to DC and promptly did NOTHING, proposed NOTHING, and blamed or attacked the democrats for NOTHING never-minding the fact that it was they who caused the whole mess.
2) Conservatism wins. McCain was dead in the water until he finally woke up and started calling Obama (henceforth known as our Dear Leader) a socialist and a liberal. Too bad big Mac did this too late in the process. At least Palin had the guts to do this. Absent this, you can bet this election would have been even more of a blowout. Palin now goes onto bigger things, McCain goes back to being the poke your thumb in the eye of the Republican Party darling of the New York Times. I wonder how many fillibusters this fool will fail to support?
3) The media had power over the Republicans and McCain and us because the Republicans and McCain and us GAVE them the power by listening to them in the first place. We all fail to treat the media for exactly what it is, an extension of the democrat party, no more, no less. So how about this, we all tune them out and get on the internet and find out what is going on for ourselves. There are a ton of good organizations out there like freerepublic.com. . ..well, at least until our Dear Leader shuts them down with the so called Fairness Doctrine.
4) Reach across the aisle to a democrat, draw back a stump. Their definition of bi-partisanship is caving into their demands, PERIOD. We have enough votes to fillibuster every damn communist proposal, just as they blocked every Republican proposal when we were in the majority. If you think about it, we are exactly where the dems were after 2004, well a bit worse off. They parlayed a severe minority into the majority of today by using the fillibuster. I say use it on every judge and use it on anything and everything. I mean, what is going to happen, we are going to get voted into the minority? Oooooops, we are already hopelessly there.
5) Stop bringing a knife to a gun fight. Mac certainly was gracious in defeat. Perhaps that is because he thinks his good friends across the aisle would have been gracious if they lost. Well Mac, think again. If you had won tonight every state’s National Guard would have been called out to put down riots. The dems simply declare any election they lose to be illegitimate or stolen. So be it. I hereby declare this election illegitimate because of ACORN, because the dems stole it. There, that was easy. Now I can treat Obama as Bush was treated and blame the son of a bitch for EVERYTHING that goes wrong in this country. Might not work, however, because no matter how bad Obama is the dems will defend him to the bitter end. Only Republicans eat their own.
6) The democrats will commit voter fraud and any other crime that gets them elected, PERIOD. Screaming and crying about it is not enough. It is time to get our own organization to do what is necessary to get Republican votes counted, twice if necessary. Oh yah, how did that McCain-Feingold thingy work out for you tonight Mac? It certainly did get the money out of politics, too bad it was only the Republican money.
7) Ok, some of us hate Bush. But the dems could have Adolph Freaking Hitler as their President and they would defend the guy to the ends of the Earth and back and then more, just for shits and giggles. Abandoning the President in your own party regardless of how big an idiot you may feel he is. is a sure formula for disaster. The Republicans abandoned Bush and paid for it with a loss of his popularity and theirs. I cant tell you how many times a Republican friend of mine would say to me, this is America, I hate Bush, we dont elect Kings and he is acting like one. I would reiterate that given the alternative we should stick with Bush. He would look at me with a blank stare and insist that he hoped Bush would be impeached. He supported McCain in this election and is in shock today. I wonder how Bush is looking now compared to Our Dear Leader the Overlord Messiah? You know, the guy that wants to bring back the draft and create his own civilian defense force that is equipped like the U.S. Army. The guy who wants to shut down talk radio. The guy whose campaign had a private citizen investigated just because he asked him a question about spreading the wealth. I predict that in one year from now those slamming Bush will get on their hands and knees praying tp God for the days of George W. Bush.
8) Entangling us in foreign wars is a bad idea if you are not prepared to fight the enemy on all fronts. . . .that means the democrats (the media included) because they will side with the foreign enemy every time. I mean, think about it. Iraq was lost according to the democrats. Our troops were labeled murderers and thugs by Jack Murtha and John Kerry. Think about it, a foreign war was declared lost by our own side and now we have won said war. Now the democrats cant avoid talking about Iraq fast enough. Did anyone hear Iraq brought up in the last months of the campaign? Why is this? Because the democrats knew they were wrong. But what do they care, their opposition to the war served its purpose. It turned the country against Bush and the Republicans (who abandoned Bush and did not call the democrats on their actions). It got the Blame Republicans for Everything train rolling down the tracks.
9) Finally, the democrats must be called what they are. They are the enemy of liberty and not merely an opposition party. They are not your Dads democrats. They are sworn leftists who have one goal, namely, POWER. They will take any position (siding with the Vietcong during the Vietnam war, for example), do any act and take any step necessary to win. Learn it, love it, live it. Honestly, doesnt anyone think it was odd that the Wall Street crisis broke right in October? Anyone think it odd that Fannie and Freddie were democrat run organizations that collapsed and caused the whole mess?
Well, happy Commy Day everyone!!! Embrace your new overlords and remember, ask not what your country can do for you, but how much your checkbook can do for your country.
Wow. Just wow. What MS piece really illustrates is the vaccuum or void into which BO poured salve on a psychic wound that has exsisted since more and more Americans have abandoned faith in God. Hope? Change? Those are religious words, and you and I and every faith filled FReeper knows we don’t look to govt. for that. We look to Jesus Christ for hope and change within.
I have no faith in government damn it, I just want a government to do what we need them to and no more. Stay the hell out of my life. To be honest with all you friends here, that may be my problem, maybe yours. I have got to start wrapping my mind around other things, hmmm, maybe like my Jesus. He alone truly is my hope, change, salvation. Not government.
What’s so scary is that Barack Obama knows people have abandoned God and he exploited that to create for them a false god with false hope just to win power. They set us up folks. George Bush was Satan for them. Now, Barack Obama is their savior. We are the apostates. Lord help us.
Considering the political and economic environment, we didn’t get beat that bad. It’s too bad W didn’t vigorously defend his policies and Republicanism while under intense partisan attack.
The right wing needs to be more partisan. One thing Daily Kos reminded us is that nice guys finish last. We don’t have to be as insane as Kosites, but we need to sting.
I would like to see Mitch McConnell immediately mount a loyal opposition to Obama’s economic plans and save the use of the filibuster for bottom line issues like the unfairness doctrine and radical supreme court justices.
Taking back MSM or academia will take generations. I suppose a campaign of civil rights violations in hiring or hostile environment would be the best strategy.
The timing of the sub prime financial collapse was sure coincidental. I hope we can find a smoking gun to prove it was a Democrat conspiracy. The whole thing has Schumer stink on it.
Do you really think extending the Bush tax cuts, proposing a 10% reduction in corporate taxes, capital gains tax decrease, decrease in Gov't spending across the board and a $5,000 health care tax credit are nothing?
I agree 100%.
In 1994, the GOP came in with the goal of reducing taxes, reducing government, and reducing spending. They accomplished none of this. The Dept of Education, the most useless Federal Department, still stands. There are other deparments that should never have evolved beyond the state level....too numerous to list. They failed for two reasons. Firstly, that corruption money that gets spread around in D.C. enticed them to sell-out. Secondly, and most importantly, the ‘94 congress lacked confidence in its own political movement. Down deep, it didn’t believe in making government smaller. It didn’t believe in cutting spending. And, today, the GOP doesn’t know what it believes.
I FEEL HAPPY! I FEEL *UFF!*
I have thought along these lines myself. If these scumbums are going to have these PC rules and laws on the books, let's use a little political ju jitsu and use their rules against them. I did that once a long time ago on an affirmative action hire. I threw it right back in their ugly faces. Didn't win, of course, but I made them confront their own ugliness.
I am doubling down on my bet on conservatism.
Is that scary or what
And as a 65 year old Nam Vet there is not much that frightens me, but watching this is chilling.I don't know how to get exposure for this, but keep re-posting it weekly or whatever and encourage all to pass it on and send it to Shawn, Rush, etc.
There was something else that was floating around that someone has posted about the Communist plan similar in the objectives as this and if I remember correctly it was about 30 or 40 years old.
If anyone knows what I'm referring to and has access, please let me know. Thanks and God Bless.
As if you think they will hesitate to invoke the Nuclear option. Not to mention that no Senate, can enforce rules that bound the previous Senate, makes perfect sense, when you think about it, but for some reason, it terrifies me.
Can someone show us a single example, City, State, Country? I will wait for a reply, while i let the crickets entertain me.
- liberals angered by Bush-Cheney and the Iraq war
- young voters dumbed down by secular humanist public education and television (who simply didn't know any better)
- the middle class and working class crunched by the economy who were led to believe Obama's giveaway promises
- elderly worried about retirement and medicare
The most interesting meme of this election was the GOP's discovery of the plight of the middle class and working class American - i.e., Joe the Plumber. But too little, too late. Maybe next time?
We the sensible people of the United States, in an attempt to help everyone get along, restore some semblance of justice, avoid any more riots, keep our nation safe, promote positive behavior and secure the blessings of debt free liberty to ourselves and our great great-great grandchildren, hereby try one more time to ordain and establish some common sense guidelines for the terminally whiny, guilt ridden, delusional, and other liberal bedwetters.
We hold these truths to be self-evident: That a whole lot of people were confused by the Bill of Rights and are so dim that they require a Bill of Non Rights.
ARTICLE I — You do not have the right to a new car, big screen TV or any form of wealth.
More power to you if you can legally acquire them, but no one is guaranteeing anything.
ARTICLE II — You do not have the right to never be offended.
This country is based on freedom, and that means the freedom for everyone, not just you! You may leave the room, turn the channel, express a different opinion, etc., but the world is full of idiots and probably always will be.
ARTICLE III — You do not have the right to be free from harm.
If you stick a screwdriver in your eye, learn to be more careful. Do not expect the tool manufacturer to make you and all your relatives independently wealthy.
ARTICLE IV — You do not have the right to free food and housing.
Americans are the most charitable people to be found, and will gladly help anyone in need but we are quickly growing weary of subsidizing generations of professional couch potatoes who achieve nothing more than the creation of another generation of professional couch potatoes.
ARTICLE V — You do not have the right to free health care.
That would be nice but, from the looks of public housing, we’re just not interested in government run health care.
ARTICLE VI — You do not have the right to physically harm other people.
If you kidnap, rape, intentionally maim or kill someone, don’t be surprised if the rest of us want to see you fry in the electric chair.
ARTICLE VII — You do not have the right to the possessions of others.
If you rob, cheat or coerce away the goods or services of other citizens, don’t be surprised if the rest of us get together and lock you away in a place where you still won’t have the right to a big screen TV or a life of leisure.
ARTICLE VIII — You don’t have the right to demand that our children risk their lives in foreign wars to soothe your aching conscience.
We hate oppressive governments and won’t lift a finger to stop you from going to fight, if you’d like. However, we do not enjoy parenting the entire world and do not want to spend so much of our time battling each and every little tyrant with a military uniform and a funny hat.
ARTICLE IX — You don’t have the right to a job.
All of us sure want all of you to have one, and will gladly help you in hard times, but we expect you to take advantage of the opportunities of education and vocational training laid before you to make yourself useful.
ARTICLE X — You do not have the right to happiness.
Being an American means that you have the right to pursue happiness — which by the way, is a lot easier if you are unencumbered by an over abundance of idiotic laws created by those of you who were confused by the Bill of Rights.
You actually have thee ammunition, but you do not have the means of distributing it in a meaningful way. The liberals used each of those institutions as a weapon to distribute their "ammunition".
I’d like to find out if Yuri Bezmenov is still alive and what he thinks about the current political situation. Also, check on YouTube for Jose and Savage. Savage had a caller on the other day with a Hispanic accent named Jose that was saying much, much the same as Bezmenov. He seemed to be a guy that had firsthand experience with such matters.
happened in Late 2005 when he set himself up as the head of the gang of 14 in the Senate or something as silly as that.
He placed himself between the President and wanted to be a subset of the Legislative/Executive branches of Govt. If he had shown the same energy in supporting the President as he showed in thwarting him, then he would have not had to worry about his base. His whole base was sand not Conservative.
From a 70 year old Vietnam Vet: And Yes it is very Scary.
28 Communist Goals
The following goals of the Communist Party, USA were entered into the Congressional Record on January 10, 1963:
1. U.S. acceptance of peaceful co-existence with communism.
(Note - this has been official iforeign policy under both Democrat and Republican administrations for many years with
Soviet Russia. It has been expanded to include Red China and Cuba under Comrade Clinton)
2. U.S. promises to surrender rather than engage in atomic war.
(Note - Bill Clinton issued an executive order on 12-7-1998, which took all of our defensive missles off alert status and
ordered our military not to retaliate if we are attacked. This EO reuires us to absorb a first strike without retlaiation.)
3. U.S. acceptance of the premise that total disarmament would be a sign of moral strength.
(Note - only a fool could believe such propaganda)
4. “Free trade” with communist nations.
(Note - such agreements have the effect of strengthening communist tyranny while undermining US prosperity)
5. Long-term “loans” to Russia and communist satellites.
(Note - Russia has never paid back any loans, which amounts to stealing. They also received millions of the US
taxpayers’ dollars through money-laundering schemes, which funneled the funds through Yugoslavia under Tito.)
6. Foreign aid to communist nations.
(Note - communism would have truly died everywhere if it had not been for capital from the USA to keep it propped up.)
7. United Nations recognition of Red China.
(Note - this was accomplished during a Republican administration [Nixon’s], which proves that both major political
parties are accomplices to this treason.)
8. UN representation for each of the Soviet satellites.
(Note - this was establishd when communism pretended to die and the USSR was split up. When I prayed about this
event, God told me the Soviets were merely playing possum in order to multiply their representation in the UN)
9. Acceptnce of the UN as mankind’s “only hope.”
(Note - the Lucifer Publishing Co. was founded by Alice Bailey at the UN in 1953 and operated there until they changed
their name to Lucis Trust and moved across the street. Bailey admitted in The Externalization of the Hierarchy to
being both a communist and a satanist. Our hope should be in Jesus Christ, not Antichrist.)
10. The use of court decisions to undermine the constitutional rights of Americans.
(Note - I overheard an ACLU lawyer tell a fellow communist in 1962 that Thurgood Marshall was sympathetic to
communism, and that he would use his influence to subvert the Constitution by perverting its intended meaning.)
11. Using the public schools to teach socialist and communist propaganda, and to “dumb down” students.
(Note - when I was in public school [1949-1962], I was told to regard John Dewey as the father of modern education.
When he retired, he moved to Russia to collect his Social Security because he was a communist infiltrator)
12. Communist control of campus newspapers.
(Note - when Mark Hardie became the editor of his college paper, he received many death threats due to his
conservative and patriotic views. Free speech in college is only for communist traitors.)
13. Use of student riots to trigger public protests against U.S. policies.
(Note - this was very effective during the Vietnam war. Bill Clinton’s anti-war activities proved that he wanted the
communists to win. I respected the protestors, who didn’t like US involvement in Vietnam, but they were not
pro-communists like Clinton, who was wined and dined by the KGB on his visits to Moscow.)
14. Infiltration of the press.
(Note - the Stock Market was deliberately crashed in 1929 when some of the richest men in America all pulled their
money out at the same time of the same day. They did not lose a penny from the crash. They used their fortunes to
buy control of the nation’s 50 most influential newspapers during the 1930’s. They bought out the next 50 during the
1940’s, including the news services, UPI and AP.)
15. Control of mass media.
(Note - members of the Council onForeign Relations and rilateral Commission, mostly pro-Marxists, have control)
16. The degradation of American culture and art.
(Note - this is being accomplished primarily by the ACLU and the NEA)
17. Controlling art critics and museum directors to promote ugly, repulsive, and meaningless art forms.
(Note - a recent example of this is the so-called art exhibit at a museum in New York City degrading the virgin Mary)
18. Repeal of all laws banning obsenity.
(Note - the lst Amendment freedom of speech was intended to protect those who criticize government corruption)
19. Promotion of pornography and obsenity in the mass media.
(Note - in 1923, Lenin instructed the CPUSA to do everything possible to corrupt the morals of Americans because
their psychologists learned that people, who are morally degenerate, lose their will to resist tyranny. At the highest
levels there is a link between communism and the Mafia, which controls most pornography)
20 Establishing homosexuality as normal and natural.
(Note - the communists began recruiting gays in the mid-1920’s. See the book, Whatever Happened to Harry Hay?)
21. Infiltrate churches to replace revealed religion with the “social Gospel” and deny the truths of scripture.
(Note - Rev. Carl McIntyre is one of the best informed patriots on this issue)
22. Banish all prayer from public schools.
(Note - do you really think Madeline Murray O’Hare’s case in 1962 was an accident?)
23. Discredit the Constitution as old fashioned and a hindrance to international cooperation.
(Note - Bill Clinton has had people arrested as terrorists for their support of the Constitution. He also had material
printed in FBI manuals, which treats people, who display Christian bumper stickers on their cas, as terrorists)
24. Discredit the founding fathers as slave-owning aristocrats who despised the common man.
(Note - Bill Clinton arranged for the recent attack on Thomas Jefferson to not only discredit the Constitution, but also to
make his adultery with Monica acceptable)
25. Promote all movements aiming to centralize government control over cultural and social agencies.
(Note - a recent example is the way the INS disobeyed the 11th Circuit Appeals Court regarding Elian Gonzales)
26. Transfer arrest powers from the police to social agencies and reduce all behavioral problems to matters only a
psychiatrist can handle; for example, arresting and imprisoning parents who use corporal punishment or home-school
(Note - Sigmund Freud hated God so much that he vowed to invent a religion, which could be used to destroy
Christianity. He teamed up with Carl Joung, who was so heavily into the occult that Freud fainted from fear)
27. Infiltrate the psychiatric profession and use it to promote “mental health” laws to oppress those who oppose social
disintegration caused by the Communist program.
(Note - I personally know someone, who was put in a mental hospital in 1972 for a nervous breakdown. After he
recovered, the doctors refused to release him on the grounds that he was crazy because “he believed in God and did
not believe in adultery.”)
28. Undermine the institution of the family, encourage promiscuity, and easy divorce.
(Note - when Bill Clinton was governor of Arkansas, he spent some time in Italy studying the communist philosophy of
Antono Gramshe. Gramshe advocated the subversion of society by redefining certain things like the family, etc.
Comrade Clinton has used his influence in the White House to include sodomites in families, as well as change the
meaing of such words as “alone,” “sex,” etc.)
Congressional Record—Appendix, pp. A34-A35
January 10, 1963
Current Communist Goals
EXTENSION OF REMARKS OF HON. A. S. HERLONG, JR. OF FLORIDA
IN THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES
Mr. HERLONG. Mr. Speaker, Mrs. Patricia Nordman of De Land, Fla., is an ardent and articulate opponent of communism, and until recently published the De Land Courier, which she dedicated to the purpose of alerting the public to the dangers of communism in America.
At Mrs. Nordman’s request, I include in the RECORD, under unanimous consent, the following “Current Communist Goals,” which she identifies as an excerpt from “The Naked Communist,” by Cleon Skousen (1958):
CURRENT COMMUNIST GOALS
1. U.S. acceptance of coexistence as the only alternative to atomic war. (failed)
2. U.S. willingness to capitulate in preference to engaging in atomic war. (failed)
3. Develop the illusion that total disarmament [by] the United States would be a demonstration of moral strength. (failed)
4. Permit free trade between all nations regardless of Communist affiliation and regardless of whether or not items could be used for war. (succeeded)
5. Extension of long-term loans to Russia and Soviet satellites. (succeeded)
6. Provide American aid to all nations regardless of Communist domination. (succeeded)
7. Grant recognition of Red China. Admission of Red China to the U.N. (succeeded)
8. Set up East and West Germany as separate states in spite of Khrushchev’s promise in 1955 to settle the German question by free elections under supervision of the U.N. (failed)
9. Prolong the conferences to ban atomic tests because the United States has agreed to suspend tests as long as negotiations are in progress. (succeeded/failed/succeeded/failed)
10. Allow all Soviet satellites individual representation in the U.N. (succeeded/failed)
11. Promote the U.N. as the only hope for mankind. If its charter is rewritten, demand that it be set up as a one-world government with its own independent armed forces. (Some Communist leaders believe the world can be taken over as easily by the U.N. as by Moscow. Sometimes these two centers compete with each other as they are now doing in the Congo.) (succeeding)
12. Resist any attempt to outlaw the Communist Party. (succeeded)
13. Do away with all loyalty oaths. (in process)
14. Continue giving Russia access to the U.S. Patent Office. (succeeded)
15. Capture one or both of the political parties in the United States. (in process/succeeding)
16. Use technical decisions of the courts to weaken basic American institutions by claiming their activities violate civil rights. (succeeding/in process)
17. Get control of the schools. Use them as transmission belts for socialism and current Communist propaganda. Soften the curriculum. Get control of teachers’ associations. Put the party line in textbooks. (succeeding/in process)
18. Gain control of all student newspapers. (succeeded/in process)
19. Use student riots to foment public protests against programs or organizations which are under Communist attack. (succeeded)
20. Infiltrate the press. Get control of book-review assignments, editorial writing, policymaking positions. (succeeded)
21. Gain control of key positions in radio, TV, and motion pictures. (succeeded)
22. Continue discrediting American culture by degrading all forms of artistic expression. An American Communist cell was told to “eliminate all good sculpture from parks and buildings, substitute shapeless, awkward and meaningless forms.” (in process)
23. Control art critics and directors of art museums. “Our plan is to promote ugliness, repulsive, meaningless art. (failed & succeeded)
24. Eliminate all laws governing obscenity by calling them “censorship” and a violation of free speech and free press. (succeeding/in process)
25. Break down cultural standards of morality by promoting pornography and obscenity in books, magazines, motion pictures, radio, and TV. (succeeding/in process)
26. Present homosexuality, degeneracy and promiscuity as “normal, natural, healthy.” (succeeded/in process)
27. Infiltrate the churches and replace revealed religion with “social” religion. Discredit the Bible and emphasize the need for intellectual maturity which does not need a “religious crutch.” (succeeded)
28. Eliminate prayer or any phase of religious expression in the schools on the ground that it violates the principle of “separation of church and state.” (succeeded)
29. Discredit the American Constitution by calling it inadequate, old-fashioned, out of step with modern needs, a hindrance to cooperation between nations on a worldwide basis. (in process)
30. Discredit the American Founding Fathers. Present them as selfish aristocrats who had no concern for the “common man.” (in process)
31. Belittle all forms of American culture and discourage the teaching of American history on the ground that it was only a minor part of the “big picture.” Give more emphasis to Russian history since the Communists took over. (succeding/in process)
32. Support any socialist movement to give centralized control over any part of the culture—education, social agencies, welfare programs, mental health clinics, etc. (succeeding/in process)
33. Eliminate all laws or procedures which interfere with the operation of the Communist apparatus. (succeeded)
34. Eliminate the House Committee on Un-American Activities. (succeeded)
35. Discredit and eventually dismantle the FBI. (in process)
36. Infiltrate and gain control of more unions. (succeeded)
37. Infiltrate and gain control of big business. (failing/in process)
38. Transfer some of the powers of arrest from the police to social agencies. Treat all behavioral problems as psychiatric disorders which no one but psychiatrists can understand [or treat]. (succeeding)
39. Dominate the psychiatric profession and use mental health laws as a means of gaining coercive control over those who oppose Communist goals. (succeeding)
40. Discredit the family as an institution. Encourage promiscuity and easy divorce. (succeeded)
41. Emphasize the need to raise children away from the negative influence of parents. Attribute prejudices, mental blocks and retarding of children to suppressive influence of parents. (succeeding)
42. Create the impression that violence and insurrection are legitimate aspects of the American tradition; that students and special-interest groups should rise up and use [”]united force[”] to solve economic, political or social problems. (succeeding)
43. Overthrow all colonial governments before native populations are ready for self-government. (succeeded)
44. Internationalize the Panama Canal. (succeeded)
45. Repeal the Connally reservation so the United States cannot prevent the World Court from seizing jurisdiction [over domestic problems. Give the World Court jurisdiction] over nations and individuals alike. (in process)
Well said. And since liberalism only indulges weakness, we know that no society can survive if it is weak at the core. I hope and pray we're seeing the last dying gasp of American socialism.
Wow. FlipWilson, that was some great writing and quite accurate I might add. The 60’s generation, the generation raised to hate all the symbols and institutions that made it great, is clearly now in complete control of this country.
My overwhelming thought is one of curiosity.
Will they double cross our friends in Iraq and surrender democracy and freedom to Al Qaeda and Iran? Losing wars and disgracing the nation on an international stage is at their roots, you know. Of course, they could start off destroying us domestically. A national health-care would absolutely shut-down the greatest health care system on earth...that would be quite a first-term accomplishment. Hey, they may even decide to go a more subtle root....like shutting down dissent via the fairness doctrine.
Boy, Mexico has the PRI and now we have the DEMS. One Party Rule. You’ve got to love what’s in store for us..
Yeah, your analogy is better. Those institutions are delivery systems!
Can anybody point to any nation in history that made a comeback once the Slippery Slope was met ?
Don't underestimate the American spirit. I for one am not giving up, I'll just try harder.
Will McCain the maverick be just as tough on Obama as he was on Bush? I hardly think so. He campaigned like he was being blackmailed. I say Good Riddance!
“Can anybody point to any nation in history that made a comeback once the Slippery Slope was met ?”
Germany and Japan, although those examples don’t give me much comfort. They killed tens of millions of people in other countries, and they suffered tens of millions of casualties themselves.
There. Fixed it.
Heh—somehow I don’t think they’ll let him put his name on any new legislation. When Amnesty happens, they won’t give him the credit.
The USSR, sort of.
I had forgotten this. I grew up in the 60s, went to school with some of these leftists, and this is exactly what's happening. After the late 60s and early 70s, when they were never punished for their crimes, they went underground and simply burrowed from within.
In the meantime, the GOP and, in fact, conservatives in general, kept on blithely thinking that this was all a sort of reasonable contest between reasonable differences. It wasn't. Marxism had hollowed out all of our institutions and taken them over, and the Marxists had gotten either their direct representatives (Barry and friends) or their dupes (Pelosi and friends) into power.