Skip to comments.Obama's "Global Poverty Act" bill (S. 2433)--our taxes to pay the UN?
Posted on 01/27/2009 5:41:48 AM PST by dascallie
posted by Gary von Rosenberg
Jan 26th, 2009 - 11:52 PM
>>According to David Bossie, President of the group 'Citizens United for American Sovereignty based out of Merrifield, Virginia , website:http://www.citizensunited.org/ The Senate Bill (S. 2433) is a piece of legislation in the works that all Americans need to know about...and know now!
This Bill, sponsored by none other than our "President elect" Sen. Barrack Obama, with the backing of Joe Biden on the Foreign&n bsp; Relations Committee, and liberal democrats in Congress, is nothing short of a massive giveaway of American wealth around the world, and a betrayal of the public trust, because, if passed, this bill would give over many aspects of our sovereignty to the United Nations.
The noble sounding name of this bill, "The Global Poverty Act" is actually a Global Tax, payable to the United Nations, that will be required of all American taxpayers.
If passed in the Senate, the House has already passed it, this bill would require the U.S. to increase our foreign aid by $65 BILLION per year, or $845 BILLION over the next 13 years!
That's on top of the billions of dollars in foreign aid that we already pay out! In addition to the economic burdens this potential law would place on our precarious economy, the bill, if passed in the Senate, would also endanger our constitutionally protected rights and freedoms by obligating us to meet certain United Nations mandates.
According to Obama, we should establish these United Nations' goals as benchmarks for U. S. spending.
What are they? The creation of a U.N. International Criminal Court having power to try and convict American citizens and soldiers without any protection from the U.S. Constitution. A standing United Nations Army forcing U.S. soldiers to serve under U.N. command. A Gun Ban on all small arms and light weapons...which would repeal our Second Amendment right to bear arms.
The ratification of the "Kyoto" global warming treaty and numerous other anti-American measures. Recently, the Senate Subcommittee on Foreign Relations (where Sen. Joe Biden sits) approved this plan by a voice vote without any discussion!
Why all the secrecy? If Senators Obama and Biden are so proud of this legislation, then why don't they bring it out into the light of day and let the American people have a look at it instead of hiding it behind closed doors and sneaking it through Congress for late night votes?
It may be only a matter of time before this dangerous legislation reaches a floor vote in the full body of the Senate.
Please write or call, email your representatives, the White House, the media, or anyone you think will listen, and express your opinions regarding this Global Tax giveaway and betrayal of the&nb sp; American people at a time when our nation and our people are already heavily burdened with the threats of our freedom and economic prosperity.
Please send this email to as many folks out there on your networks as you can ASAP! Find out more, just do a search for Senate Bill 2433.
Most Americans, unfortunately, will yawn when they hear this story.
A$$clown, B. Hussein, certainly has been busy in his 1st week! God help us with what’s in store in his 2nd week.
That’s it... Drill holes in the bottom of the USA’s boat in order to ‘help’ other sinking nations...
This is WORSE than the Three Stooges. At least Moe had enough sense to smack Curly when he did something like that. We have nobody.
This time, we toss the UN into the harbor. And if Congress signs off on this... maybe our Legislature into the Potomac.
Looks like our children and grandchildren may have to fight a second War of Independence to free them from the yoke of the UN and the UN standing army stationed on our land. We should tear down the UN building in NY and kick the UN out of the US.
I actually thought this one would be his first move. And I fully expect them to even ‘drill’ for oil to pay for this food program. Now this could cause a real rift inside the liberals coalition when the leases for ‘off’ shore drilling start getting bought and sold. And just imagine open bidding for oil drilling in Alaska and the Dakotas? They are going to have to come up with the money, and they are going to have to have a ready made vehicle to collect the taxes.
And this program worked so very well using Saddam’s oil.
And what did Republicans do in the 1st week when they had the Congress,Senate and White House? ...........
With all the restrictions on free speech that Obama has proposed, I wonder if BHO will have the far left state sponsored police after us.
Hey, Sheeple. What are you so surprised about?
This is exactly what John Kerry was ready to put into action the minute he got elected - or any other democrat/Socialist.
It's been in the works for many years.
Most of you ignored it then - and you will NOT take any action to stop it now. You'll cluck-cluck and shake your head, but will you actually flood DC with your objections? Will you write letters to your editors to inform the people? Will you email the media to demand they cover it? (They cover stories based on the number of emails/calls they get on it. So when we complain that the media doesn't cover something, remember, our silence is also to blame.)
Well, whadda YOU going to do about this?
this 0Bama has only 1 agenda, and its to destroy America from within.
...At the Reins!!!
Count on it.
Hey dumbass (Rosenberg , not the OP),
S.2433 was a bill in the 110th Congress. We are now in the 111th Congress. The stupid bill has to be re-introduced by a member of Congress...which excludes B Hussein.
Not trying to defend Bambi, but let’s have our facts straight. There’s enough real that he’s doing without having to make stuff up.
And our guns will be confiscated by foreign military grunts wearing the UN flag.
“And our guns will be confiscated by foreign military grunts wearing the UN flag.”
Anyone attempting to confiscate any weapons of mine shall attempt such a folly at the business end of said weapons.
Here's a clue boils and curls; Barry didn't come up with this horse crap on his own. Here's another clue; all the commitments to the UN and others in this Bill, were previously made by ....POTUS G.W. Bush! This Bill just puts Bush's commitments to the U.N. and *the world* into law.
SEC. 2. FINDINGS.There's more. Just grab a barf bag. THIS is Bush's Bill regardless of whose name is on the Bill (Like "Bush's Tax Cuts"). Dubya's *compassionate conservatism* strikes again. S-2433 (.pdf 14 pages)
(2) At the United Nations Millennium Summit 13 in 2000, the United States joined more than 180 14 other ountries to work toward goals 15 to improve life for the worlds poorest people by 16 2015.
(5) On March 22, 2002, President George W. 8 Bush participated in the International 9 Conference on Finance for Development and endorsed 10 the Monterey Consensus, stating: We fight against poverty because hope is an answer to terror. We fight against poverty because opportunity is a fundamental right to human dignity. We fight against poverty because faith requires it and conscience demands it. We fight against poverty with a growing conviction that major progress is within our reach..
(6) The 2002 National Security Strategy of the United States notes: A world where some live in comfort and plenty, while half of the human race lives on less than $2 per day, is neither just nor stable. Including all of the worlds poor in an expanding circle of development and opportunity is a moral imperative and one of the top priorities of U.S. international policy.
(7) The 2006 National Security Strategy of the United States notes: Americas national interests and moral values drive us in the same direction: to assist the worlds poor citizens and least developed nations and help integrate them into the global economy..
(9) At the summit of the Group of Eight nations in July 2005, leaders from all eight participating countries committed to increase aid to Africa from the current $25,000,000,000 annually to $50,000,000,000 by 2010, and to cancel 100 percent of the debt obligations owed to the World Bank, African Development Bank, and International Monetary Fund by 18 of the worlds poorest nations.
And this Bill would have to be reintroduced. This was from the last, 110th Congress.