Skip to comments.The "Country" of TEXAS...(Check it Out)
Posted on 04/15/2009 4:54:36 PM PDT by Dallas
THE COUNTRY of TEXAS
So what does Texas have to do to survive as a Republic?
1. NASA is just south of Houston, Texas. We will control the space industry.
2. We refine over 85% of the gasoline in the United States .
3. Defense Industry--we have over 65% of it. The term "Don't mess with Texas ," will take on a whole new meaning.
4. Oil - we can supply all the oil that the Republic of Texas will need for the next 300 years. What will the other states do? Gee, we don't know. Why not ask Obama?
5. Natural Gas - again we have all we need and it's too bad about those Northern States. John Kerry and Al Gore will have to figure out a way to keep them warm....
6. Computer Industry - we lead the nation in producing compute chips and communications equipment -small companies like Texas Instruments, Dell Computer, EDS, Raytheon, National Semiconductor, Motorola, Intel, AMD, Atmel, Applied Materials, Ball Miconductor, Dallas Semiconductor, Nortel, Alcatel, etc, etc. The list goes on and on.
7. Medical Care - We have the research centers for cancer research, the best burn centers and the top trauma units in the world, as well as other large health centers. The Houston Medical Center alone employees over 65,000 people.
8. We have enough colleges to keep us getting smarter: University of Texas , Texas A&M, Texas Tech, Texas Christian, Rice, SMU, University of Dallas , University of Houston , Baylor, UNT (University of North Texas), Texas Women's University, etc. Ivy grows better in the South anyway.
9. We have an intelligent and energetic work force, and it isn't restricted by a bunch of unions. Here in Texas, it's a Right to Work State and, therefore, it's every man and woman for themselves. We just go out and get the job done. And if we don't like the way one company operates, we get a job somewhere else.
10. We have essential control of the paper, plastics, and insurance industries, etc.
11. In case of a foreign invasion, we have the Texas National Guard, the Texas Air National Guard, and several military bases. We don't have an Army, but since everybody down here has at least six rifles and a pile of ammo, we can raise an Army in 24 hours if we need one. If the situation really gets bad, we can always call the Department of Public Safety and ask them to send over the Texas Rangers.
12. We are totally self-sufficient in beef, poultry, hogs, and several types of grain, fruit and vegetables, and let's not forget seafood from the Gulf. Also, everybody down here knows how to cook them so that they taste good. Don't need any food.
13. Three of the ten largest cities in the United States , and twenty-three of the 100 largest cities in the United States , are located in Texas . And Texas also has more land than California , New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, Delaware, Hawaii, Massachusetts, Maryland , Rhode Island and Vermont combined.
14. Trade: Three of the ten largest ports in the United States are located in Texas .
15. We also manufacture cars down here, but we don't need to. You see, nothing rusts in Texas , so our vehicles stay beautiful and run well for decades, well most of the time.
This just names a few of the items that will keep the Republic of Texas in good shape. There isn't a thing out there that we need and don't have.
Now to the rest of the United States under President Obama:
Since you won't have the refineries to get gas for your cars, only President Obama will be able to drive around in his big 9 mpg SUV. The rest of the United States will have to walk or ride bikes.
You won't have any TV as the Space Center in Houston will cut off satellite communications.
You won't have any natural gas to heat your homes, but since Mr. Obama has predicted global warming, you will not need the gas as long as you survive the 2000 years it will take to get enough heat from Global Warming.
Signed, The People of Texas
P.S. This is not a threatening letter - just a note to give you something to think about and maybe a chuckle!
SLEEP WELL TONIGHT "THE EYES OF TEXAS ARE UPON YOU!!"
He apparently also missed Kelo v. New London. It is now legal for the government to seize your property and give it to someone else without due process or proper compensation.
Pay for it? Better idea - You come and try to take it.
Only if Sheriff Joe has figured out that “Constitutionalists” are not the ones he, the FBI, & the JTTF shouldn’t be worried about... (Sorry, but as much good as “Sheriff Joe” has done regarding illegals, he won’t make me forget about that little “brochure” he handed out a decade ago...)
Yes, so what?
How is that an American principle? It is a law passed by Congress and one that can be repealed.
I repeat: There isn’t a single principle that has been discarded.
Fight for America, or quit and become the flip side of Code Pink or ANSWER.
You don’t own it.
You aren’t Hugo Chavez, although you play on on FR.
I should’ve asked before my post — you do mean ARIZONA’s Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arapaio, right? Maybe there’s a TEXAS Sheriff Joe? :)
Fort Worth Tea Party had over 5500 patriots!! Just got back. It was a great crowd. Perry gave a good speech and lots of applause(standing ovation) at the seccession part...lol
It isn’t tongue in cheek to many of the posters here. That’s the point. It may be fun for a few but some are serious.
I like Texas. I like their ‘in your face’ moves right now. But some don’t know it is for show.
Oh, take a break. You sound like you need it.
This post was not for the humor impaired....you’re getting close to being in that segment.
It’ll be on the news tonight?
If Texas leaves the Union and goes it alone, The University of Texas might be assured of securing a national football championship for at least the next couple of years. (Just a little humor from an Okie up in Norman)
You are quite correct.
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
Being familiar with McCain-Feingold would it be your opinion that it in no way abridges freedom of speech? I don't see any of our rulers moving to repeal this beauty, do you?
You are delusional. How about the Gun Control Act of '68 for just one example?
Ahem...that would be Fort Worth. Big difference ;-)
Check out some of the responses.
Humor impaired? No. Just no patience with anti-Americans, ours or Code Pinks.