Skip to comments.Live Thread: Barack Obama State Of The Sham Wow Press Conference 8 p.m. 7/22/09
Posted on 07/22/2009 3:24:38 PM PDT by kristinn
We know the drill: Read the teleprompter for a few minutes, take questions from a few plants in audience, total of twelve or thirteen questions in an hour, filibuster, end to rave reviews from the state run media.
White House propaganda e-mail sent to NextGov.com
You’ve just got to quit with the State of the Shamwow...I spit iced tea all over my screen. LOL!
10 Questions for Obama from Jonathan Martin and Josh Gerstein at Politico:
1) Is it still realistic that both chambers of Congress will pass health care bills before their summer recess in August? And how worried are you that missing the deadline could endanger your hopes of getting a bill this year?
2) Who are you referring to when you cite, as you did in your radio address last week, those special interests in health care who make the same old arguments and use the same scare tactics? And whats the difference between honest objections to a massive overhaul of the U.S. health care system and what you consider obstructionism?
3) You have sought to focus attention on Sen. Jim DeMints comments alluding to the political benefit for the GOP in blocking health care reform, but its mostly Democratic members of Congress whom your own political apparatus is targeting in TV ads now on the air. Why havent you been more successful in convincing members of your own party on this issue so far, and how does DeMint figure into your effort to lobby Democrats?
4) You said during the campaign that you would negotiate the health care bill on C-SPAN. But now you won’t even release the names of health care executives who visit the White House for what are closed-door discussions. How do you reconcile what you said during the campaign with your approach now?
5) On Monday you said that folks on Wall Street dont feel any remorse for taking all these risks; you dont get a sense that theres been a change of culture and behavior as a consequence of what has happened.” What do you think Wall Street needs to do to show remorse and to change its culture? And isnt the problem with the economy right now not some Wall Streeters getting bonuses, but the fact that the recession is much tougher and deeper than even your administration projected?
6) Attorney General Eric Holder is considering appointing an independent prosecutor to investigate alleged abuses of detainees during the Bush era. When the White House was asked about this, officials repeated your mantra that the country should look forward, not back. Whats your view about when its appropriate for the White House to send signals to the Justice Department about what action it should take regarding a criminal investigation?
7) In announcing the delay of up to six months in the report on detainee policy, White House officials said the issues were hard and complicated and that you wanted them to get this right. Werent they hard and complicated when you set the deadline earlier this year? What has changed? And are you still committed to closing Guantanamo Bay prison by January?
8) Your secretary of state recently compared the North Korean regime to attention-craving adolescents. Do you agree with that assessment, and either way, how do you plan to proceed toward reining in North Koreas missile program?
9) Harvard professor Henry Louis Gates Jr. was recently arrested by Cambridge police at his own home. Now the African-American scholar said he plans to use the experience to focus attention on racial profiling and the black experience in the criminal justice system. Do you think Gates was justified in accusing the police of harassing him for being a black man in America?
10) Do you still plan on joining a Washington-area church and attending services?
can we get a Obama under a “Mission Accomplished” banner while wearing Rahm’s tutu photoshopped for this one? How ironic would that be?
The 8 pm recap of the Tour de France will be on in the Gator household tonight!
Saving a seat ;-)
Please tell me that NO one from FR would even consider watching this Marxist jerk.
I heard Mark Levin is doing a real-time rebuttal.
What about “make no mistake” and “this system is broken”? If he says once more that something is “broken,” I’m going to SCREAM!
I suppose he’s going to be planting his questions again.
"Let me be clear"
And thank you!
What a liar.
Question: can he run a .com web site, and put stuff out on White House stationery, etc. and not be in violation of laws? Is he not using his presidential office for a business with the .com nonsense?
NextGov.com is a news site focusing on inside the beltway stuff. The e-mail was sent to them by the Obama administration.
Here's another question that needs to be asked:
You took at least six months trying to decide on what breed of dog to get, why does health care overhaul need to be completed in the next 2 weeks?
I went there to check it out. It doesn't claim to be any kind of official gov’t website.
Give me some key “healthcare” buzz words and I’ll make a new Bingo card just for the health care pressers
place...to see how Freepers are reacting....I cannot watch...toilets to clean.
Good evening Kristinn and ALL..
Got into a little debate this afternoon with some mis-informed Mass libs about Obamacare because a few had already seen the writing on the wall from Mass BC/BS and were not happy!
Me and a few co-workers told them it wasn’t good...they were interested and I think it sunk in, yes even in LIBERAL MASSACHUSETTS....patriots are speaking out! Yahooo!
Fox saying Obama will PERSONALLY ATTACK Bill Krystal, live on National television!!!!
I refuse to watch the boy king, but will follow along on the thread for the few and brave. Our TV’s will be on the Fox channel.
the only thing I hope is broken is Barry’s prompter. I bet the I ones tonight have been superglued in place.....
and the OP mentioning “a few plants in the audience” I immedialy thought of giant potted plants scattered about in the audience hahaa..
Not sure but it probably doesn’t matter anyway. Obama is above all the laws in this country dontcha know.
I’d rather be watching the Michael Jackson Special rerun than watch the SOB with fork tongue speak AGAIN on the tube! THAT my friends speaks volumes...I was never a MJ fan but I rather bite the bullet and watch the special than watch that SLIMBALL!! Death by a thousand Moon Walks!!
“Will reduce costs and save money”
on the grid?
My prediction: Town hall plant asks QUESTION : "I am concerned thst there will not be enough doctors to treat everone and my family will suffer under this poorly planned takeover of healthcare "
ANSWER from Obama : "make no mistake, I have no intention of taking over healthcare, and I have no knowledge that there may not be enough doctors to treat everone, but just let me say that we don't wan't enough doctors, we will train new doctors, green doctors, shovel ready doctors, and we will do it with approval from congress ....or NOT "
Exerpts from Whitehouse.gov:
I wasn’t being specific as to healthcare - the Obozo says EVERYTHING is “broken.” As to healthcare, though, you could include “quality medical care,” “no reduction in services,” “tax the wealthy” (that works for all his socialist plans), “Republican obstructionists,” “it’s not about me,” “bi-partisan plan,” and “the opposition is all about politics, not people.” Just for starters.
I will make sure to watch all rebuttals, though. I only what what's real. I want to know when it's time to move to Texas for the coming succession.
I understand how easy it is for this town to become consumed in the game of politics to turn every issue into a running tally of whos up and whos down," Obama will say. "Ive heard that one Republican strategist told his party that even though they may want to compromise, its better politics to 'go for the kill.' Another Republican senator said that defeating health reform is about 'breaking' me."
The president, who will repeat his pledge to only sign a reform bill that is deficit-neutral, says in response to DeMint that "this isnt about me."
"I have great health insurance, and so does every member of Congress," Obama says. "This debate is about the letters I read when I sit in the Oval Office every day, and the stories I hear at town hall meetings."
His latest twitter post........ BarackObamaHolding primetime news conference on health care @ 8pm tonight. Watch it live & declare your support: about 1 hour from web ago http://bit.ly/17OkdA
Follow the link and you get...... gethttp://my.barackobama.com/page/content/july22pressconference/?source=102_BO_TW "I support President Obama's three principles for real health care reform, and I call on Congress to enact a plan upholding them in 2009:"
Unfortunately, you can only "support" his primetime live conference, no opposition is allowed or counted. I hope God strikes his teleprompter into a thousand pieces!
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.