Skip to comments.Live Thread: Barack Obama State Of The Sham Wow Press Conference 8 p.m. 7/22/09
Posted on 07/22/2009 3:24:38 PM PDT by kristinn
We know the drill: Read the teleprompter for a few minutes, take questions from a few plants in audience, total of twelve or thirteen questions in an hour, filibuster, end to rave reviews from the state run media.
White House propaganda e-mail sent to NextGov.com
You’ve just got to quit with the State of the Shamwow...I spit iced tea all over my screen. LOL!
10 Questions for Obama from Jonathan Martin and Josh Gerstein at Politico:
1) Is it still realistic that both chambers of Congress will pass health care bills before their summer recess in August? And how worried are you that missing the deadline could endanger your hopes of getting a bill this year?
2) Who are you referring to when you cite, as you did in your radio address last week, those special interests in health care who make the same old arguments and use the same scare tactics? And whats the difference between honest objections to a massive overhaul of the U.S. health care system and what you consider obstructionism?
3) You have sought to focus attention on Sen. Jim DeMints comments alluding to the political benefit for the GOP in blocking health care reform, but its mostly Democratic members of Congress whom your own political apparatus is targeting in TV ads now on the air. Why havent you been more successful in convincing members of your own party on this issue so far, and how does DeMint figure into your effort to lobby Democrats?
4) You said during the campaign that you would negotiate the health care bill on C-SPAN. But now you won’t even release the names of health care executives who visit the White House for what are closed-door discussions. How do you reconcile what you said during the campaign with your approach now?
5) On Monday you said that folks on Wall Street dont feel any remorse for taking all these risks; you dont get a sense that theres been a change of culture and behavior as a consequence of what has happened.” What do you think Wall Street needs to do to show remorse and to change its culture? And isnt the problem with the economy right now not some Wall Streeters getting bonuses, but the fact that the recession is much tougher and deeper than even your administration projected?
6) Attorney General Eric Holder is considering appointing an independent prosecutor to investigate alleged abuses of detainees during the Bush era. When the White House was asked about this, officials repeated your mantra that the country should look forward, not back. Whats your view about when its appropriate for the White House to send signals to the Justice Department about what action it should take regarding a criminal investigation?
7) In announcing the delay of up to six months in the report on detainee policy, White House officials said the issues were hard and complicated and that you wanted them to get this right. Werent they hard and complicated when you set the deadline earlier this year? What has changed? And are you still committed to closing Guantanamo Bay prison by January?
8) Your secretary of state recently compared the North Korean regime to attention-craving adolescents. Do you agree with that assessment, and either way, how do you plan to proceed toward reining in North Koreas missile program?
9) Harvard professor Henry Louis Gates Jr. was recently arrested by Cambridge police at his own home. Now the African-American scholar said he plans to use the experience to focus attention on racial profiling and the black experience in the criminal justice system. Do you think Gates was justified in accusing the police of harassing him for being a black man in America?
10) Do you still plan on joining a Washington-area church and attending services?
can we get a Obama under a “Mission Accomplished” banner while wearing Rahm’s tutu photoshopped for this one? How ironic would that be?
The 8 pm recap of the Tour de France will be on in the Gator household tonight!
Saving a seat ;-)
Please tell me that NO one from FR would even consider watching this Marxist jerk.
I heard Mark Levin is doing a real-time rebuttal.
What about “make no mistake” and “this system is broken”? If he says once more that something is “broken,” I’m going to SCREAM!
I suppose he’s going to be planting his questions again.
"Let me be clear"
And thank you!
What a liar.
Question: can he run a .com web site, and put stuff out on White House stationery, etc. and not be in violation of laws? Is he not using his presidential office for a business with the .com nonsense?
NextGov.com is a news site focusing on inside the beltway stuff. The e-mail was sent to them by the Obama administration.