Thread by me.
BOULDER, Colorado, August 7, 2009 (LifeSiteNews.com) - Dr. Warren Hern, one of the last abortionists willing to perform very late-term abortions in the United States, has written published works describing man as a "malignant eco-tumor" destroying the earth.
Esquire magazine reports in a story entitled "the Last Abortion Doctor," that Hern, the director of the Boulder Abortion Clinic since 1975, argued in a work called Urban Malignancy: Similarity in the Fractal Dimensions of Urban Morphology and Malignant Neoplasms that growing human populations act like a "malignant ecotumor."
LifeSiteNews.com found a 2008 edition of Hern's article published in the International Journal of Anthropology . While the term "eco-tumor" does not appear in this version as quoted by Esquire, it may have come from an earlier version of Hern's paper that was presented at the 16th International Seminar on Urban Form in Brazil on August 29, 2007.
"From the point of view of a physician, the expanding, invasive, colonizing urban form with highly irregular borders resembles a malignant lesion," wrote Hern. "Malignant neoplasms have at least four major characteristics: rapid, uncontrolled growth; invasion and destruction of adjacent normal tissues (ecosystems); metastasis (distant colonization); and de-differentiation."
Hern continued that "death of the host organism in a cancer occurs between the 37th and 40th doubling of the cell population" and then drew a comparison to the expansion of human populations (32.5 times by 1999) and energy consumption (36 times since 1999), adding that energy consumption is projected to increase 57 percent between 2004 to 2030.
Hern argued that expanding urban communities would "alter the biosphere to the point that it can no longer support large, oxygen-consuming organisms" reaching a point at which in "the point of view of human survival, the host organism will have died."
"If this hypothesis is correct, that urban settlements of all kinds, and cities in particular, are malignant lesions or phenomena on the planet Earth, the conclusion of this process may not be far in the future," wrote Hern. . .
Thanks for the ping!
When is Dr Hern aborting himself?
Thread by cpforlife.org.
If FRC is the fear machine MSNBC says we are, then the side we're scaring must be the Left. All week long, our new health care ad has been the bee in these liberals bonnets. Groups like NARAL, Planned Parenthood, Sojourners, and Catholics United are desperately trying to claw their way back into the health care debate after losing credibility on the abortion question. Our campaign to expose the abortion implications in health care reform has been so influential that one organization called us the single greatest threat to the passage of health care reform. Why? Because the Left can say abortion is not a part of the health care legislationbut FRC can prove it is. Here's how:
1. The House bill specifically includes it. The Capps amendment explicitly allows abortion coverage in the public health plan and subsidizes health plans that cover abortion. (Passed 30-28 in the House Energy and Commerce Committee, July 30)
2. Senate Democrats admit it. [The health care bill] would include, uh, it would include, uh, Planned, uh, Parenthood clinics. (Sen. Barbara Mikulski, July 9, Senate Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions-HELP-Committee meeting-Planned Parenthood is the No. 1 U.S. abortion chain.)
3. Senate Democrats refused to ban it.
Sen. Orrin Hatch (R-Utah): Madam Chairman, would you be willing to put some language in [about] not including abortion services? Then I think you would have more support.
Sen. Barbara Mikulski (D-Md.): ...No, I would not, uh, be willing to do that at this time. (July 9, Senate HELP Committee meeting)
4. The mainstream media confirms it. (Government insurance would allow coverage for abortion, Associated Press, August 5, 2009).
5. The Obama administration includes it in its definition of reproductive health care.
Reproductive health care includes access to abortion. (Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, July 19)
6. Every amendment to exclude it from health care legislation was defeated by the liberal sponsors. The following is a list of pro-life amendments that would have prevented abortion funding or prohibited abortion mandates for covered services. (For vote tallies and details, see our complete list at www.frc.org.) . . .