Thread by cpforlife.org.
If FRC is the fear machine MSNBC says we are, then the side we're scaring must be the Left. All week long, our new health care ad has been the bee in these liberals bonnets. Groups like NARAL, Planned Parenthood, Sojourners, and Catholics United are desperately trying to claw their way back into the health care debate after losing credibility on the abortion question. Our campaign to expose the abortion implications in health care reform has been so influential that one organization called us the single greatest threat to the passage of health care reform. Why? Because the Left can say abortion is not a part of the health care legislationbut FRC can prove it is. Here's how:
1. The House bill specifically includes it. The Capps amendment explicitly allows abortion coverage in the public health plan and subsidizes health plans that cover abortion. (Passed 30-28 in the House Energy and Commerce Committee, July 30)
2. Senate Democrats admit it. [The health care bill] would include, uh, it would include, uh, Planned, uh, Parenthood clinics. (Sen. Barbara Mikulski, July 9, Senate Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions-HELP-Committee meeting-Planned Parenthood is the No. 1 U.S. abortion chain.)
3. Senate Democrats refused to ban it.
Sen. Orrin Hatch (R-Utah): Madam Chairman, would you be willing to put some language in [about] not including abortion services? Then I think you would have more support.
Sen. Barbara Mikulski (D-Md.): ...No, I would not, uh, be willing to do that at this time. (July 9, Senate HELP Committee meeting)
4. The mainstream media confirms it. (Government insurance would allow coverage for abortion, Associated Press, August 5, 2009).
5. The Obama administration includes it in its definition of reproductive health care.
Reproductive health care includes access to abortion. (Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, July 19)
6. Every amendment to exclude it from health care legislation was defeated by the liberal sponsors. The following is a list of pro-life amendments that would have prevented abortion funding or prohibited abortion mandates for covered services. (For vote tallies and details, see our complete list at www.frc.org.) . . .
I have had many questions and comments regarding the PDF file of the House Democrat Health Care plan I made available for download on my site, HERE.
Most are, as am I, appalled at the plan and the wording of it...particularly when taken in context with the cited quote and views of the chief architect of the plan, and chief advisor to Obama on Health Care and Policy advisor to the Democratic Congress on Health Care, Dr. Ezekiel Emanuel, HERE.
Some however attempt to rationalize, or even make statements regarding the plan that just are not there, are not supported (at least IMHO) by fact, and certainly are at odds with the views openly stated by the chief advisor who has helped craft the plan.
This is particularly true when it comes to the end-of-life counseling portion of the plan identified on page 425 of the plan where it amends the Medicare laws and thus applies to seniors over the age of 65.
So, I thought I would post the wording of that section, directly from the plan, but formatted so you can follow it. People need to make up their own minds.
The way I read it, the section makes the sessions required, it brings government bureaucracy into life planning where the individual, the Dr. and family should make the sole decisions, and it open up the possibility for government health orders regarding the end-of-lie treatment of the elderly.
Far, far too much government involvement and power, particularly given the clear eugenics and infanticide reasoning of the author.
Here it is. You decide. . .