Skip to comments.Truth Is Stranger than Friction - 6 Proofs ObamaCare Includes Abortion & what to do about it
Posted on 08/09/2009 7:35:20 AM PDT by cpforlife.org
If FRC is the “fear machine” MSNBC says we are, then the side we're scaring must be the Left. All week long, our new health care ad has been the bee in these liberals’ bonnets. Groups like NARAL, Planned Parenthood, Sojourners, and Catholics United are desperately trying to claw their way back into the health care debate after losing credibility on the abortion question. Our campaign to expose the abortion implications in health care “reform” has been so influential that one organization called us “the single greatest threat to the passage of health care reform.” Why? Because the Left can say abortion is not a part of the health care legislation—but FRC can prove it is. Here's how:
1. The House bill specifically includes it. The Capps amendment explicitly allows abortion coverage in the public health plan and subsidizes health plans that cover abortion. (Passed 30-28 in the House Energy and Commerce Committee, July 30)
2. Senate Democrats admit it. “[The health care bill] would include, uh, it would include, uh, Planned, uh, Parenthood clinics.” (Sen. Barbara Mikulski, July 9, Senate Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions-HELP-Committee meeting-Planned Parenthood is the No. 1 U.S. abortion chain.)
3. Senate Democrats refused to ban it.
Sen. Orrin Hatch (R-Utah): “Madam Chairman, would you be willing to put some language in [about] not including abortion services? Then I think you would have more support.”
Sen. Barbara Mikulski (D-Md.): “...No, I would not, uh, be willing to do that at this time.” (July 9, Senate HELP Committee meeting)
4. The mainstream media confirms it. (”Government insurance would allow coverage for abortion,” Associated Press, August 5, 2009).
5. The Obama administration includes it in its definition of reproductive health care.
“Reproductive health care includes access to abortion.” (Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, July 19)
6. Every amendment to exclude it from health care legislation was defeated by the liberal sponsors. The following is a list of pro-life amendments that would have prevented abortion funding or prohibited abortion mandates for covered services. (For vote tallies and details, see our complete list at www.frc.org.)
Rep. Sam Johnson Amendment in the Ways and Means Committee (July 16)
Rep. Eric Cantor Amendment in the Ways and Means Committee (July 16)
Rep. Mark Souder Amendment in the Education and Labor Committee (July 17)
Rep. Joe Pitts Amendment in the Energy and Commerce Committee (July 30)
Reps. Bart Stupak and Pitts Amendment in Energy and Commerce Committee (July 31)
Sen. Orrin Hatch Amendment #227 in the Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions Committee (July 13)
Sen. Mike Enzi Amendment #277 in the Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions Committee (July 13)
For more ammunition in the health care debate, check out FRC Action's latest resource: “20 Questions to Ask Your Legislator about the Health Care Overhaul,” now available online at http://www.frcaction.org.
Find out what questions to ask your Congressman at the next Town Hall Meeting http://www.frc.org/get.cfm?i=LK09H26&f=WA09H17
Here is a list of Pro-Life Amendments that would have blocked abortion in health care
On Family Issues, It's a Small World After All
While FRC confronts the steady stream of anti-family policy at home, two members of our senior staff are headed to Amsterdam to help other countries do the same. Peter Sprigg, Senior Fellow for Policy Studies, and Dr. Pat Fagan, Senior Fellow and Director of FRC’s Center for Research on Marriage and Religion, are helping to lead a delegation of pro-family U.S. organizations to the fifth World Congress of Families. On August 10, Dr. Fagan will also be addressing the conference during the Monday 4:00-6:00 p.m. session (10:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m. ET) on “The Effects of Child Care for the Social and Psychological Development of Children.” You can hear his presentation—and more—by tuning in to the live audio and video webcast, available online during the Congress at http://www.worldcongress.org.
Watch Dr. Fagan’s Presentation Live on Monday
Don't Miss This Week's Show!
On Washington Watch Weekly, we'll hear the real life stories of people affected by government-run health care. I'll speak with Matt Bowman, legal counsel at the Alliance Defense Fund, about the case of a New York City nurse who was forced to assist on an abortion procedure. Later, I'll speak with Dr. Bill Toffler, Executive Director of Physicians for Compassionate Care. He'll explain how Oregon's government-run health care plan denies patients treatment and instead offers them assisted suicide. To listen online or to find a radio station near you, visit http://www.frcradio.org.
Listen to this week's Washington Watch Weekly
They call it insurance reformer now but will have to change the name again and again. I can call it a bunch of names also but at least you knew what I was talking about.
We are in this economic and demographic mess because of the Party of Death’s insistence on killing off our posterity and future taxpayers.
Now they want to kill off the old because there are not enough young people to pay into Social Security,Medicare
We already have states that have physician assisted
We must say NO MORE KILLING!!