Skip to comments.10 Major Differences Between Conservatives And Liberals. Any More?
Posted on 10/06/2009 8:32:31 PM PDT by MindBender26
If a conservative doesnt like guns, he doesnt buy one. If a liberal doesn't like guns, he feels that no one should have one -------------------------------------------------------------------
If a conservative is a vegetarian, he doesnt eat meat. If a liberal is, he wants to ban all meat products for everyone. -------------------------------------------------------------------
If a conservative sees a foreign threat, he thinks about how to defeat his enemy. A liberal wonders how to surrender gracefully and still look good. -------------------------------------------------------------------
If a conservative is homosexual, he quietly leads his life. If a liberal is homosexual, he loudly demands legislated respect. -------------------------------------------------------------------
If a black man or Hispanic man is conservative, they see themselves as independently successful. Their liberal counterparts see themselves as victims in need of government protection. -------------------------------------------------------------------
If a conservative is down-and-out, he thinks about how to better his situation. A liberal wonders who is going to take care of him. -------------------------------------------------------------------
If a conservative doesnt like a talk show host, he switches channels. Liberals demand that those they dont like be shut down. -------------------------------------------------------------------
If a conservative is a non-believer, he doesnt go to church. A liberal non-believer wants any mention of God or religion silenced -------------------------------------------------------------------
If a conservative decides he needs health care, he goes about shopping for it, or may choose a job that provides it or he turns into a liberal. A liberal demands that the rest of us pay for his. -------------------------------------------------------------------
If a conservative decides Obama is a totally ineffective socialist, then the conservative is a racist. A liberal thinks he will mature into the job, in another 7 years.
Why is it only “he” conservatives and “he” liberals that are listed? ;)
Most liberals are women because most democrats are women..
Conservative talk show hosts have a locked negative, hit piece wiki - Liberals have locked glowing propaganda diatribe wikis...
There fixed it.
I’m just point out the other threads because you might be interested in reading the replies there.
|From the desk of
When conservatives enter office, there is not an attitude of “We are going to completely stop doing things the way our predecessor did them, and we are going to do them our way from now on.” It is usually a very measured approach, letting things go the way they did for a period of time before making changes, and those changes are usually incremental, not radical.
This is because conservatives understand that you do not need to re-invent the wheel. The problem with reinventing wheels, policies or anything else is that you often make the same mistakes the first inventor did, unless you take extra care to see why those mistakes occurred.
Liberals do not have the humility to understand this. It is why liberals are all socialists to a greater or lesser degree and believe in big, centralized government.
I use the analogy of a jumbo jet flying through the sky on auto-pilot, with no flight crew present, and a passenger opens the cockpit door and enters.
Conservatives would enter the cockpit, look around and take stock of the situation. They might look at the fuel gauge, look at the attitude and get a general feel of the situation. They probably wouldn’t touch anything right away, realizing that there are circumstances where doing something for the sake of doing something can be far more harmful. They might decide to put the headphones on, see if they can communicate with anyone, see if they can hear anything, and so on. They would probably try to find someone who could talk them down, and failing that, might try to figure out if there was anyone onboard with piloting experience.
Liberals would enter the cockpit, look around and scream out “Nobody is flying the plane!” They would jump in the pilot seat, grab the control stick and shout “We have to get this plane on the ground or we’re all going to die!” They might dive the plane towards the earth, looking frantically for an airport, making the assumption that of course, you could fly a plane from the sky “just by looking around, there is the airport over there, let’s get to it!” without realizing that is one of the most difficult things even for veteran pilots who might have the advantage of at least being familiar with the area and comfortable with trying to pick up landmarks from the air. They would dive the plane, then suddenly realize they don’t know how to turn the plane, how to apply rudder or lower the flaps and landing gear (probably wouldn’t even realize those were needed) and would simultaneously realize they had no idea how to stabilize the plane in level flight or re-engage the autopilot. The passengers, feeling the gyrations of the aircraft and knowing something was wrong, would begin to panic, and before you know it, there would be a huge flaming hole in the ground.
It is the same thing with a military campaign, an economic crisis, an environmental issue, solving an education or social problem, or just about anything else you can think of.
Liberals see the levers, dials and controls of something powerful and complicated, and instead of figuring out how they work or even if they work, they make the assumption that no matter what, they can control this better than anyone or anything that controlled it before. They don’t even think that sometimes putting your hands on the levers of something powerful is much, much more damaging than keeping your bloody damned hands OFF of them.
If it is a military campaign, they get in their armchairs and begin looking at the maps, targets and forces involved, pick up the phones and begin issuing orders and edicts to generals. You end up with the Bay of Pigs, the Cuban Missile Crisis, Vietnam, Desert One and Mogadishu.
On environmental issues you end up with some kind of foreign species of fish that you brought in from South America to control some other kind of issue, and it ends up destroying the native ecosystem, or on a global scale, you destroy the ability to obtain energy for an energy dependent world because you need to save the existence of the Alaskan Spotted Lugwort. They determined through their “science” that DDT made the egg shells of predatory birds thin causing their populations to decrease, and viewing it as a canary in a coal mine, outlawed DDT, thereby condemning tens of millions of people (or over the years, perhaps even hundreds of millions) to misery and death from insect borne diseases such as malaria. Even worse, you end up with liberals trying to deliberately destroy industry and economies, an attempt to plunge the entire western world into a depression, and they base their desire to do this on “Global Warming”. To sum up this particular angle and encapsulate the liberal mindset on all these issues, but most importantly environmental ones, remember this quote from a feminist wall mural I see in Cambridge, MA: “INDICATION OF HARM, NOT PROOF OF HARM IS OUR CALL TO ACTION”. Look well upon that quote...it sums up liberalism in one compact line.
If it is a economic or social issue, they begin to make policy and throw money at it without even considering for a single damned second if what they are doing is really going to produce the expected result. If it doesn’t help or makes things worse, they simply throw more money and legislation at the issue, without bothering to dismantle the agencies or defund what they did before that failed miserably. In this, you end up with Rent Control (a liberal invention which destroys the availability of affordable housing), Social Security (a liberal invention, a Ponzi scheme on a grand scale that gave people the false security they didn’t have to save for themselves) the Great Society, Welfare, School Busing, declining ability of students and failing schools, disintegration of the family and soon, socialism and Third World Squalor.
And folks, this new President, is steeped up to his oversized jug-handled ears in the arrogance and ignorance of Liberalism. He is a racist, socialist and marxist. He believes it to the core, and he is now the most powerful man in the world.
We have a problem.
(reprise, and change) DADDY, WHAT IS A RIGHT WINGER? — change to “Middle American”
dfu | 11-2004 | dfu
Posted on 11/08/2004 7:22:46 AM PST by doug from upland
NOTE: I am bringing this back for those who missed it. Unlike the DemocRATS, we are not afraid to let people know what we believe. The other side wants to fool people and are afraid that they will learn what the left believes. We are Middle Americans. Perhaps that is what we should be calling ourselves rather than their definitions like neo-con and right winger.
When my daughter was growing up she asked me that same question that your children probably asked you. The answer was given during the Clinton times, but today the issues seem pretty much the same.
Those on the so-called political right hold some general beliefs in common. Not all of those on the right hold all of the same views.
I began the explanation with an exercise. We went into the middle of our street in front of the house. I had her take three steps to the left, and I took three steps to the right. She understood that, in political terms, I was positioning myself on the right. She was positioning herself on the left. Then, I had her take three more steps to the left. And three more steps to the left. And three more steps to the left.
She noticed that I was pretty far to the right of her. Her comment made me proud when she said, “Dad, yeah, you are way to the right, but you didn’t move. You are where you were before. I have gone over the sidewalk and am on the front grass.” Point made.
We did more, however, than merely play in the street. We had some real discussion during her growing years, and I gave a general idea of some of the beliefs held by those on the political right. Welcome to the dreaded right wing.
1. We believe that it is the right of all men to live free and determine their own destiny.
2. We believe that we are ultimately answerable to God for what we do on this earth.
3. We believe that the Constitution is the greatest secular document ever created and that, although it is secular, the influence of God in its creation cannot be denied.
4. We believe that men and women are different and that children have a much better chance in life if they are raised by a mom and a dad.
5. We believe that America is the greatest nation in the world and the greatest force for advancing freedom in the history of this planet.
6. We believe that it is first the job of the family, the extended family, friends, neighbors, and your community to help people. We should not look to the federal government first. That was never intended by the Founders and is an enormous waste of money and resources.
7. We believe that people who do bad things deserve to be punished. We may feel badly that someone had a rough childhood, but that gives him no right to harm another innocent person.
8. We believe that a murderer should pay with that which he has taken from someone else.
9. We believe that the most innocent of all — the child developing in the womb — needs to be protected.
10. We believe in the dignity and ability of individuals, not of groups. We will judge everyone on what they do, not on the color of their skin.
11. We believe that people should be rewarded by their sacrifice and hard work, not because they are part of a favored group.
12. We believe that slavery was horrible, but there are no living slaves and no living slave owners. A white person can feel badly that slavery was in our history, but we have no reason to feel guilty. We didn’t do it.
13. We believe that the most important purpose of the federal government is the national defense of this country and maintaining a strong military.
14. We believe that if communists or Islamist terrorists want us dead, we need to take the strongest action possible to prevent it. We shouldn’t leave our security to the United Nations.
15. We believe that you don’t negotiate with evil. You destroy evil.
16. We believe that there are some bad policemen, but the overwhelming majority do a great job. We should be grateful that they are willing to put their lives on the line to protect us.
17. We believe in the right to own guns for our personal protection.
18. We believe that trial attorneys have run amok and are sucking the lifeblood out of business.
19. We believe that our schools have been taken over by leftists who care more about their agenda than teaching our children the skills they need to succeed — reading, writing, math, and science.
20. We believe that homosexuals should be left alone, but that marriage needs to be between a man and a woman, and that children should be adopted by a mom and dad.
21. We believe that the word “American” has no place in the American Civil Liberties Union.
22. We believe that people should be able to smoke in a restaurant if that is the way the entrepreneur wants to run his business.
23. We believe that the excessive confiscation by the government of the money we earn is both immoral and hurts our economy.
24. We believe that an able-bodied person who receives money from the government (from us) should do something productive to get that money.
25. We believe that the free expression of faith does not violate any provision in our Constitution. In addition, we believe that the attack on religion and decency is doing great damage to our nation.
26. We believe that immigrants should obey our laws and wait their turn in line to come into this nation.
27. We believe that Ronald Wilson Reagan is the greatest president of the 20th century and that Bill Clinton is even worse than Jimmy Carter.
28. I believe that Islamist terrorists and Hillary Rodham Clinton pose the greatest dangers to this republic.
POSTSCRIPT: #28 was written before we knew much about Barack Obama. He is a greater danger to this republic than Osama bin Laden or any terrorist group.
LOL. I just received this in an email from a conservative friend.
My response: Further proof positive that liberalism is a mental disease.
Here’s one to rouse the rabble:
A conservative who doesn’t believe in addictive or mind bending drugs doesn’t take any. A liberal... [you fill in the blank]
True, but on the flip side, conservative talk show hosts have ratings through the roof, while lib ones are dependent on Soros and govt funding to stay on the air in third tier markets.
A woman in a hot air balloon realized she was lost.
She lowered altitude and spotted a man in a boat below. She shouted to him, “Excuse me, can you help me?
I promised a friend I would meet him an hour ago, but I don’t know where I am.”
The man consulted his portable GPS and replied, “You’re in a hot air balloon approximately 30 feet above a ground elevation of 2346 feet above sea level.
You are 31 degrees, 14.97 minutes north latitude and 100 degrees, 49.09 minutes west longitude.”
She rolled her eyes and said, “You must be a Conservative.” “I am,” replied the man. “How did you know?”
“Well,” answered the balloonist, “everything you told me is technically correct, but I have no idea what to make of your information, and I’m still lost. Frankly, you’ve not been much help to me.”
The man smiled and responded, “You must be a Liberal.”
“I am,” replied the balloonist. “How did you know?”
“Well,” said the man, “you don’t know where you are or where you’re going. You’ve risen to where you are due to a large quantity of hot air. You made a promise that you have no idea how to keep, and you expect ME to solve your problem. Finally, you’re in EXACTLY the same position you were in before we met! , but somehow now, it’s MY fault.
Liberals are the domestic enemy.
Those aren’t even flattering glam shots of most of the pub women. I’ve seen most of them look better.
-If a conservative believes in a cause, he will spend his own money to support it and he will live the principles of said cause.
-If a liberal believes in a cause, he will try to spend other people’s money to support it and he will only live the principles of said cause if legislation is enacted forcing everyone to live it.
ping to 13
Because ‘he’ and ‘his’ are both universally recognized short-hand. Unless you’re a liberal, then it’s an intentional misogynistic attack on all women everywhere.
Conservatives think, liberals feel.
Conservatives demonstrate compassion by helping people. Liberals demonstrate compassion by stealing your money and letting a little of it trickle out to those in need of help.
Conservatives demonstratre tolerance by being tolerant. Liberals demonstrate tolerance by trying to shut down anyone who disagrees with them.
What It Takes to be a Liberal Democrat
1) You have to believe the AIDS virus is spread by a lack of funding.
2) You have to be against capital punishment, but for abortion on demand, in short you support protecting the guilty and killing the innocent.
3) You have to believe that the same public school teacher who can't teach 4th graders how to read is qualified to teach those same kids about sex.
4) You have to believe that trial lawyers are selfless heroes and doctors are overpaid.
5) You have to believe that guns in the hands of law-abiding Americans are more of a threat than nuclear weapons in the hands of the Red Chinese.
6) You have to believe that global temperatures is not affected by cyclical, documented changes in the Sun, but is really affected by SUVs.
7) You have to believe that gender roles are artificial but being gay is natural.
8)You have to believe that businesses create oppression and governments create prosperity.
9) You have to believe that hunters don't care about nature but animal rights activists who've never been outside Seattle do.
10) You have to believe that self-esteem is more important than actually doing something to earn it.
11) You have to believe there was no art before federal funding.
12) You have to believe the military, not corrupt politicians start all wars.
13) You have to believe the free market that gives us 500+ channels of entertainment can't deliver the quality that PBS does.
14) You have to believe the NRA is evil, because it stands up for the Constitution, while the ACLU is good, because they attempt to create a new Constitution out of thin air.
15) You have to believe that taxes are too low but ATM fees are too high.
16) You have to believe that Harriet Tubman, Cesar Chavez and Gloria Steinem are more important to American history than George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, Dolly Madison or Thomas Edison.
17) You have to believe that standardized tests are racist, but racial quotas and set-asides aren't.
18) You have to believe that second-hand smoke is more dangerous than HIV.
19) You have to believe Hilary Clinton (update: Michelle Obama) is really a lady and Rosie O'Donnell is really funny.
20) You have to believe that conservatives are racists, but that black people couldn't make it without your help.
21) You have to believe the only reason socialism hasn't worked anywhere it's been tried is because the right people haven't been in charge.
Ping for later
Ping for later
Well said, Sir.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.