From a recent report:
1) The 35-54 year old demo is growing fastest, with a 276.4% growth rate in over the approximate 6 months since we last produced this report
2) The 55+ demo is not far behind with a 194.3% growth rate
3) The 25-34 year population on Facebook is doubling every 6 months
4) For those interested in advertising alcohol on Facebook, there are 27,912,480 users 21+, representing 66.3% of all users
5) Miami is the fastest growing metropolitan area (88.5%) and Atlanta (6.4%) is the slowest
6) There are more females (55.7%) than males (42.2%) on Facebook 2.2% are of unknown gender.
7) The largest demographic concentration remains the college crowd of 18-24 year olds (40.8%) which is down from (53.8%) six months ago.
Ignoring or discounting the importance of social media results in November 4, 2008
I disagree ... Promising people free stuff had more to do with the election 2008 that tweeting. Conservative voters stayed home ... My friends follow my blogging and me theirs ...
If you look at most all the Tea Party organizing sites they are blogs.