Skip to comments.What Are President Obama's Actual Objectives?
Posted on 12/13/2009 4:25:03 AM PST by Kaslin
He campaigned against private sector economic mismanagement, and the harsh realities of global capitalism. He pledged during his campaign to end corruption in both the government, and the private sector.
After he took office, he claimed that he had inherited the worst economic situation in his countrys recent history. And then, the new President sought to consolidate his power. Once privately-owned enterprises became government-owned and operated entities, and were restructured so as to become, essentially, workers cooperatives.
Not surprisingly, unemployment remained persistently high, even as the new was implementing his much-celebrated reform measures. And while private citizens had to struggle with the worsening economic conditions, government officials nonetheless continued to exert increasing levels of control over the nations wealth, and also continued to enrich themselves from that wealth, despite the suffering of the governed.
Does this seem like a description of the first 11 months of the Obama Presidency? What Ive described here thus far portrays the conduct of President Obama and members of his Administration fairly succinctly.
Yet, this is actually a description of the ascendency of Hugo Chavez, the once freely elected President and now rapidly-morphing-into-a-dictator of Venezuela. In fact, you could call this a textbook case - this is my paraphrase of a description of Chavez that appears in International Business: Competing In The Global Marketplace, a text book currently used among M.B.A. students at many of Americas top graduate business schools.
And isnt it interesting to note the parallels between Hugo Chavez and Barack Obama? The story of Chavez early days in office deviates from Obamas story at the point where Chavez was able to arbitrarily change the make-up of Venezuelas supreme court, and thus re-write the nations constitution so as to legally enhance his own power and control (Obama has expressed disapproval of the U.S. Constitution, but has not yet attempted to re-write it).
But on economic policy matters or perhaps we could say on general economic tendencies Obama and Chavez have much in common. The President consolidated his power as he inherited the worst economic situation in his countrys recent history? That sounds like the rhetoric of Obamas brief few weeks as President-elect, his first six months in office, and the establishment of his many czars. Once privately-owned enterprises became government-owned and operated entities, and were restructured so as to become, essentially, workers cooperatives? General Motors and Chrysler should come to mind on this one.
And just as it is in Venezuela, so also it is in the United States - our economy is still not growing. We may be seeing early signs of growth now (well know in the coming months), and Im not offering a forecast here. My point is simply that after 11 months of the Obama Administrations corporate bailouts (a perverse process that President Bush began last year, and that President Obama has accelerated), a forced bankruptcy of one of Americas largest corporations, and the Administrations continuous belittling and demeaning of corporate executives, the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, and even, at times, the medical profession, neither economic activity nor employment have grown, yet President Obama nonetheless has a lot more control over our economy, and over individual people. As Senator John Thune (R-South Dakota) observed in the Wall Street Journal back in October, President Obama has become the de facto CEO of large chunks of our economy, with the power to hire and fire executives, dictate salaries, declare what products should be made, and decide winners and losers in the marketplace
Along with additional control of economic resources, an augmented constitution, and a military that frequently turns itself against the citizenry, the Chavez Administration has also pursued an aggressive path of control over Venezuelas media. This has meant implementing so-called Media Contents laws, that define what media content is appropriate and inappropriate for children. For example, allowing TV stations to show video of military troops shooting at citizens would be too violent for childrens eyes, so that kind of content is prohibited. And this year, alone, Chavez has closed down radio stations and seized TV stations that dared to broadcast content that expressed disagreement with him.
While violence has not yet erupted in the pursuit of Obamas America, our Presidents Czar of information and regulatory affairs, Cass Sunstein, has nonetheless proposed a so-called notice and take down law. Under this provision, those who operate websites - - The Washington Post, radio stations, private bloggers, and perhaps even you, yourself -we would all be required take down falsehoods upon notice from the U.S. government. And who would determine what is true and false? The Obama Administration, of course.
Thus far, control has been the predominant objective of the Obama presidency. It is difficult to argue that this pursuit has produced good things for the American people, yet the pursuit continues, just as it has in Venezuela and elsewhere around the world.
Will Americans allow this raw pursuit to continue?
His main objectives are to turn America into a Muslim country. It’s obvious he hates everything we stand for. We can’t afford to wait until 2012 form him to leave the White House and take his corrupt thugs with him. IMPEACHMENT is the answer.
Nobama (the “Movin’ On Up” president) will continue this until someone somehow stops him. He is like a inner city street rioter. They will destroy everything (even what little they have) until “stopped”. Thanks a lot “Nobama voters”. Have a Merry Merry Christmas.
“The story of Chavez early days in office deviates from Obamas story at the point where Chavez was able to arbitrarily change the make-up of Venezuelas supreme court, and thus re-write the nations constitution so as to legally enhance his own power and control (Obama has expressed disapproval of the U.S. Constitution, but has not yet attempted to re-write it).”
WHY RE-WRITE IT WHEN THE ONE AND ALL ELSE JUST PRETEND IT DOESN’T EXIST?
PLEASE JOIN IF YOU LOVE YOUR COUNTRY.
when does a Democrat NOT support slavery and communism
and control and federal lying?
The One intends to sit at the head of the table of the new world order built on the ashes of the United States of America.
The only thing that will stop these people is brute force, freedom is not free.
Control has been the predominant objective of the Obama presidency.Wonder who,when and how he will be stopped?.
His agenda is to pursue the incremental goals that will lead to a NWO in which the Mooselimbs will have a significant role. Of course, no one in the media will ever mention what that is and why it is relevant.
The MSM (mainstream media) has been permeated by leftist ideologues. Real journalism is dead. Its all about their propaganda now. This fifth column is a group of people who clandestinely undermine a larger group, such as a nation, from within, to the aid of an external enemy. They decide what they want Americans to hear and not hear,
In order to meet the goal of implementing a NWO- the agenda is to weaken the USA (which is exactly what obama is doing) to the point where we are no longer an independent, sovereign nation. Their ultimate goal is a one world govt., and WE are the ones standing in the way of it happening.
Emasculate the military, check.
Destroy the economy, check.
Constantly take shots at our national pride and morale, check.
Undermine the Constitution and our value system, check.
Obozo is an agent of shadowy powers in the background, and he is doing their bidding.
“BO’s objective is the Cloward-Piven Strategy” & thereby to further Marxist socialism.
He has repeatedly stated that his goal is to FUNDAMENTALLY change this nation.
When the GOP takes over the house, stops his agenda, and provides a convenient whipping boy for his slick tirades and lapdogs in the media, that will provide the only chance he has of being re-elected in 2012. He is incapable of governing the country, and needs an excuse for his incompetence. Having Congress controlled by the other party will be his excuse.
I think one of his goals, and certainly one of the goals of this Environmental Leftist friends, is to destroy the suburbs and force everyone into the city where they can be more easily controlled. A kind of reverse Pol Pot.
You CAN”T impeach an usurper. Obama isn’t eligible to serve as President.
The American people have to develope balls of steel to do it the hard way. And I will not detail what that is, as I have no desire to be thrown off this site nor arrested by the Feds.
You are 100% correct. He is following in the footsteps of Chavez to a tee.
I believe he is a student and operative for Ayers
and other foreign powers intent on implementing a N.W.O.
read rules for radicals and
have a look at this book William Ayers’ forgotten communist manifesto: Prairie Fire
and this : Congressional Record—Appendix, pp. A34-A35
January 10, 1963
Current Communist Goals
EXTENSION OF REMARKS OF HON. A. S. HERLONG, JR. OF FLORIDA
IN THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES
Thursday, January 10, 1963
Mr. HERLONG. Mr. Speaker, Mrs. Patricia Nordman of De Land, Fla., is an ardent and articulate opponent of communism, and until recently published the De Land Courier, which she dedicated to the purpose of alerting the public to the dangers of communism in America.
At Mrs. Nordman’s request, I include in the RECORD, under unanimous consent, the following “Current Communist Goals,” which she identifies as an excerpt from “The Naked Communist,” by Cleon Skousen:
[From “The Naked Communist,” by Cleon Skousen]
CURRENT COMMUNIST GOALS
1. U.S. acceptance of coexistence as the only alternative to atomic war.
2. U.S. willingness to capitulate in preference to engaging in atomic war.
3. Develop the illusion that total disarmament [by] the United States would be a demonstration of moral strength.
4. Permit free trade between all nations regardless of Communist affiliation and regardless of whether or not items could be used for war.
5. Extension of long-term loans to Russia and Soviet satellites.
6. Provide American aid to all nations regardless of Communist domination.
7. Grant recognition of Red China. Admission of Red China to the U.N.
8. Set up East and West Germany as separate states in spite of Khrushchev’s promise in 1955 to settle the German question by free elections under supervision of the U.N.
9. Prolong the conferences to ban atomic tests because the United States has agreed to suspend tests as long as negotiations are in progress.
10. Allow all Soviet satellites individual representation in the U.N.
11. Promote the U.N. as the only hope for mankind. If its charter is rewritten, demand that it be set up as a one-world government with its own independent armed forces. (Some Communist leaders believe the world can be taken over as easily by the U.N. as by Moscow. Sometimes these two centers compete with each other as they are now doing in the Congo.)
12. Resist any attempt to outlaw the Communist Party.
13. Do away with all loyalty oaths.
14. Continue giving Russia access to the U.S. Patent Office.
15. Capture one or both of the political parties in the United States.
16. Use technical decisions of the courts to weaken basic American institutions by claiming their activities violate civil rights.
17. Get control of the schools. Use them as transmission belts for socialism and current Communist propaganda. Soften the curriculum. Get control of teachers’ associations. Put the party line in textbooks.
18. Gain control of all student newspapers.
19. Use student riots to foment public protests against programs or organizations which are under Communist attack.
20. Infiltrate the press. Get control of book-review assignments, editorial writing, policymaking positions.
21. Gain control of key positions in radio, TV, and motion pictures.
22. Continue discrediting American culture by degrading all forms of artistic expression. An American Communist cell was told to “eliminate all good sculpture from parks and buildings, substitute shapeless, awkward and meaningless forms.”
23. Control art critics and directors of art museums. “Our plan is to promote ugliness, repulsive, meaningless art.”
24. Eliminate all laws governing obscenity by calling them “censorship” and a violation of free speech and free press.
25. Break down cultural standards of morality by promoting pornography and obscenity in books, magazines, motion pictures, radio, and TV.
26. Present homosexuality, degeneracy and promiscuity as “normal, natural, healthy.”
27. Infiltrate the churches and replace revealed religion with “social” religion. Discredit the Bible and emphasize the need for intellectual maturity which does not need a “religious crutch.”
28. Eliminate prayer or any phase of religious expression in the schools on the ground that it violates the principle of “separation of church and state.”
29. Discredit the American Constitution by calling it inadequate, old-fashioned, out of step with modern needs, a hindrance to cooperation between nations on a worldwide basis.
30. Discredit the American Founding Fathers. Present them as selfish aristocrats who had no concern for the “common man.”
31. Belittle all forms of American culture and discourage the teaching of American history on the ground that it was only a minor part of the “big picture.” Give more emphasis to Russian history since the Communists took over.
32. Support any socialist movement to give centralized control over any part of the culture—education, social agencies, welfare programs, mental health clinics, etc.
33. Eliminate all laws or procedures which interfere with the operation of the Communist apparatus.
34. Eliminate the House Committee on Un-American Activities.
35. Discredit and eventually dismantle the FBI.
36. Infiltrate and gain control of more unions.
37. Infiltrate and gain control of big business.
38. Transfer some of the powers of arrest from the police to social agencies. Treat all behavioral problems as psychiatric disorders which no one but psychiatrists can understand [or treat].
39. Dominate the psychiatric profession and use mental health laws as a means of gaining coercive control over those who oppose Communist goals.
40. Discredit the family as an institution. Encourage promiscuity and easy divorce.
41. Emphasize the need to raise children away from the negative influence of parents. Attribute prejudices, mental blocks and retarding of children to suppressive influence of parents.
42. Create the impression that violence and insurrection are legitimate aspects of the American tradition; that students and special-interest groups should rise up and use [”]united force[”] to solve economic, political or social problems.
43. Overthrow all colonial governments before native populations are ready for self-government.
44. Internationalize the Panama Canal.
45. Repeal the Connally reservation so the United States cannot prevent the World Court from seizing jurisdiction [over domestic problems. Give the World Court jurisdiction] over nations and individuals alike.
It is truly amazing the progress he is making if these are his goals.
I think the reason Bush had the big deficits is because he wanted to fight a war and Nancy and Harry could have stopped him. He horse traded. You get your bridge to nowhere, I get 500 new Strykers; that sort of thing. And, it may be that the bailouts were another horse trade where they threatened to cut off war funding if he didn’t tout their plan.
Alternatively, Bush had a stroke or an intermittent aneurism which occasionally showed itself in blatantly communist things like SCHIF; more welfare for children.
As for what Obama’s goals are? I think he’s loaded with an emotional, but illogical image of some glorious future; one probably containing many statues of him. What comes to mind when I see his branding (the famous red white and blue O) and the communist art is who streets look in photos of North Korea. Dear leader, airbrushed into perfection, stares down from every corner and is prominently displayed on desks and store windows.
Who is the real strategist? Is it somebody like George Soros or somebody long dead directing him from the pages of musty books? It’s probably a combination. There may not be one, but many. A Central Committee, perhaps? Probably nothing that formal.
Obama himself? He’s an intellectual light-weight. I see him only as the figurehead.
You win the prize. You got it right. Obama and his inner team are elitist Socialists. Their objective is as you stated in control of the people of this country, it's resources and assets. The core belief of these elitist is that the general population is too stupid to govern themselves and that there are too many of these stupid people on the planet. So, their objective, masked by many titles such as environmentalism, Obama Care, Cap and Trade, etc, is ultimately achieve complete power and control of all Americans and their lives, then to reduce the head count through limitations on healthcare, birthrates, etc.
Correct and he’s using the left wing to accomplish his goals. They are what we call useful idiots.
You are right. Obama is just a pimple. The whole process needs overhauled. The question is how it gets dones. We all know most beltway felons are only interested in enriching their own bank accounts or achiving and maintaining power.
And 95% of Congress needs to be removed with him......
Don't forget - Barack is a student of the Rev. Wright school of thought. He has been indoctrinated with anti-whitey propaganda, and now he sees the perfect opportunity to do to white people what he thinks they've been doing to blacks.
With Obama, I truly believe that this is nothing less than a personal vendetta.
Chavez is basically the model being used by Obama and the gang. Don’t forget, Chavez also ran on being black (he’s dark-skinned and has some African blood, like many Venezuelans) and constantly appeals to that group for support. Chavez makes an appearance with his parrot on his shoulder and a four-hour speech in his hand and they go all weak-kneed.
His policies are starting to “pay off” in a big way now - VZ has had to begin importing its food, for the first time ever; the country counts income to the government as the most important part of its GDP, and taxes have soared to the point where there is virtually nothing left to collect; companies have been virtually nationalized and even multinationals exist more as agencies of the government for providing employment and social services than anything else; the oil industry was virtually destroyed by his ignorant appointees and survives now only because of Iranian technicians; the list goes on...
Some of the VZ people are beginning to notice this, but I think it’s too late; he has an iron grip, and the way he got it was to collapse the economy first. That’s what Obama is doing.
In the case of VZ, this is bad for Venezuela and the Venezuelans; in the case of the US, when Obama collapses us and locks us down (which I expect to happen within the next year), it will be bad for the whole world.
That’s true to a certain extent, but I don’t think they could have gotten this far or could be doing what they are doing now without Obama.
He’s more than a figurehead. He’s personally ruthless and power-hungry, while at the same time seeming extremely attractive to some people, particularly those who shape opinion (the media). Harry Reid, Nancy Pelosi and Barney Frank may share all the same objectives, but there’s no way they would have been able to garner any popular support for them, because they are truly unattractive people by any standards.
I find Obama not only unattractive but frightening and unnerving, as only a sociopath can be, although unfortunately my feeling is not shared by most Americans. And without that sociopath figurehead, the rest of them wouldn’t be able to accomplish a thing.
Also, “figurehead” implies that he has no real influence over this. He’s not very smart and the ideas aren’t his own, but he has an agenda that is much more radical than even that of the Democrat Party, and I think some of them as well are a little stunned by what’s going on. But they don’t know how to react - and they’re afraid of him.
This is all about power and control. We’ve known it for a long, long time. It’s encouraging to see more and more people waking up to this fact.
0bama and his 0bamaroids, along with their handlers and enablers are seeking nothing less than the subjugation of the American people and the establishment of their socialist utopia.
To get there, they are trampling the Constitution and laying waste to the American economic system, in hopes of fomenting the kind of discord that will let them declare martial law, suspend the Constitution and make the takeover complete.
It’s time to take back the country.
That picture says it all
I think you are wrong on that count. If the media wasn't constantly lying to cover him, the true feelings would be more evident. Outside of pure leftist moonbats, nobody, and I mean nobody thinks Obama is anything but a dangerous anti american sociopath.
Even some of the mainstream media are starting to see the light. Of course, any conservative still has to face the incessant drumbeat of lies and distortions, the same as any liberal gets the benefit of the propaganda machine.
I hope so.
I sometimes wonder if the end scenario may be one where Obama’s personal agenda and that of the Rats come into conflict. I do think they’re afraid of him right now, although I’m not sure why. But he will probably continue to grow more and more extreme in his demand for personal power, and some of them may wake up and try to fight for their own power. This will completely paralyze both him and them. A falling out among thieves, in other words.
But maybe that’s wishful thinking...
That’s an easy one.
Obama is a crude, ignorant, angry, radical activist who has set out to destroy the United States and everything it means and stands for, and, thanks in large part to an amoral and power-mad congress, an irresponsible media, and a great deal of old-fashioned greed on the part of a variety of citizens on the Left, he is succeeding marvelously well, thank you.
Doesn't have to. He just ignores it and the stupid cajone deprived Republicans just stand there and look.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.