Skip to comments.This Week in Government Failure
Posted on 07/17/2010 5:19:54 AM PDT by gartrell bibberts
* Thanks to the postal unions, the U.S. Postal Services utilization of part-time workers is below UPS, FedEx, and its international counterparts.
* Senate Republicans want agitated voters to view their support for a discretionary spending cap as evidence that the party is serious about out-of-control spending and deficits. But capping discretionary spending at the already exorbitant levels that Republicans helped reach isnt exactly a big reform.
* Republicans and Democrats are both guilty of abusing the emergency designation to ram through more spending.
* HUD secretary Shaun Donovan calls public housing a precious asset. Were not joking.
* Does anyone think the White House economic team was going to produce estimates that didnt show substantial job creation resulting from the stimulus?
(Excerpt) Read more at cato-at-liberty.org ...
Harry Reid soars ahead in polls
How come Pelosi says she “knows with certanty” that the Dems will keep control of the House in November?? Did they already finish doing their backroom deals?
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.