Skip to comments.Obama has a race problem? You donít say
Posted on 07/21/2010 5:43:51 PM PDT by 2ndDivisionVet
From Reuters: Many supporters of Barack Obama hoped his election as Americas first black president might herald an era of post-racial politics, but race has been an issue his administration just cant seem to avoid. Division and tension between black and white Americans has cropped up repeatedly over Obamas 18 months in office, hurting his popularity and distracting from his political agenda.
Gee. You dont say.
How can this be?
Maybe it is because any time someone dares to criticize this Bozo, the critic is accused of racism.
Throughout the campaign, any time Obama was challenged the charge of racism was leveled at the opposition.
One of the columnists in his hometown, Mary Mitchell of the Chicago Sun-Times, frequently cried
wolf, er, racist.
Consider this from an October 9, 2008, column: Despite Palins steady stream of hateful speech, Obamas poll numbers have gone up, while McCains supporters are growing antsy.
What hateful speech?
She opposed Obamas policies, not his skin color. And when Palin said of Obama he launched his political career in the living room of a domestic terrorist, Palin was absolutely right. Only two groups have ever bombed the Pentagon: Al-Qaeda and Bill Ayers Weather Underground.
Mary Mitchells column also included a reference to a phantom shout of a racial epithet at a Palin rally. This set a pattern of unsubstantiated of racism at rallies against Obama any time things get tough. members of the Congressional Black Caucus trolled for racial taunts at a Tea Party. Hearing none, the rumor of an N-word against Congressman John Lewis was whispered.
Let me tell you, if it happened, Congressman Lewis would still be shouting against it. There would be videos of it.
This makes it seem as if Obama was chosen by the Democratic Party solely because his race could shield their socialistic agenda from attack. To be sure, he received the highest percentage of white votes any Democratic presidential candidate has received since Jimmy Carter in 1976. Some of that may be white guilt. Most of it was a vote against President Bush.
While liberals point to a few incidents here by fringe groups, conservatives point to Obama belonging to Reverend Jeremiah Wrights church for 20 years. Black liberation theology turns out to be race-baiting. No patriot would return to a church after the pastor swore God Damn America. Barack Obama wrote a book titled by that preacher.
So now Obama has a race problem?
The chickens, as Reverend Wright would say are coming home to roost.
Obama didn’t come to unite. He came to ‘get even’ with the USA and ‘whitey’. I get more and more convinced of that.
Liberal Black American politicians all think they should follow the Rhodesia/Zimbabwe method to political power. But there’s one major difference. There were always far more blacks in Africa than there were whites. In another 100 years, that may change (while Hispanics overtake us both) but, make no mistake, all their rhetoric about equality and multi-culturalism are only until they feel they have enough numbers to rule like they have in Zimbabwe. That’s their end game.
And liberal whites will try to hand it to them, if they don’t hand it to the Muslims first.
Era of post-racial politics?
More like the era of the “racism under every rock” politics?
Its all about getting even. Its become clear as a bell. Punishing this country is what he is all about. Not elevating it.
"If we are to make progress in this area we must feel comfortable enough with one another, and tolerant enough of each other, to have frank conversations about the racial matters that continue to divide us." -- Eric Holder, Wednesday, February 18, 2009
A true enough statement. We are all Americans. But I give you exibit 'A'.
Feel comfortable now?
When Bill Clinton can be called “our first black President” by Tony Morrison, a Nobel Prize and Pulitzer Prize-winning American author, editor, and professor, then what is “black”?
When Kenneth Gladney, a conservative black who was attacked outside of a Tea Party rally, can be called “not black enough” by the leader of his local NAACP, then what is “black”?
When Obama, whose mother is Caucasian can decide in his youth to be “black”, then what is “black”? Well, like other things about UhBama, it turns out to be a half truth, at best. By the dictionary, he is mulatto, a word that appears to be banned and forbidden to utter.
So clearly “black” means “liberal”. It is not about race, it is far more about ideology. And while I will not take a back seat to anyone on the issue of race, my concern is that people who find it so easy to keep track of a person’s skin color are far more red than anything else.
In February of 2004, an article was written by C. Stone Brown, titled Who Were the 5 Black Presidents? for Diversity Inc magazine.
1. Thomas Jefferson the third elected president, who served two terms between 1801 and 1809 was described as the son of a half-breed Indian squaw and a Virginia mulatto father, as stated in Vaughns findings. Jefferson also was said to have destroyed all documentation attached to his mother, even going to extremes to seize letters written by his mother to other people. Only in recent years did the family of Thomas Jefferson acknowledged he was the father of the (5 or 6) children born to a slave on his plantation, Sally Hemmings.
2. President Andrew Jackson, the nations seventh president, was in office between 1829 and 1837. A renowned African-American historian J. A. Rogers, author of the Five Black Presidents wrote that Andrew Jackson Sr. died before his son, President Andrew Jackson Jr., was born. The presidents mother then went to live on the Crawford farm, where there were Negro slaves and one of these men was Andrew Jr.s father, Rogers wrote. Vaughn cites an article written in The Virginia Magazine of History that Jackson was the son of an Irish woman who married a black man. The magazine also stated that Jacksons oldest brother had been sold as a slave.
3. Abraham Lincoln, the nations 16th president, served between 1861 and 1865. Author Vaughn, states Lincoln had very dark skin and coarse hair and his mother allegedly came from an Ethiopian tribe. His heritage fueled so much controversy that Lincoln was nicknamed Abraham Africanus the First by his presidential opponents and cartoons were drawn depicting him as a Negro. In a book, titled The Hidden Lincoln written by William Herndon, Lincolns law-office partner, said that Lincolns father of record, Thomas Lincoln, could not have been Lincolns father because he was sterile from childhood mumps and later was castrated.
4. President Warren Harding, the 29th president, in office between 1921 and 1923, apparently never denied his ancestry. According to Vaughn, William Chancellor, a professor of economics and politics at Wooster College in Ohio, wrote a book on the Harding family genealogy. Evidently, Harding had black ancestors between both sets of parents. Chancellor also said that Harding attended Iberia College, a school founded to educate fugitive slaves. Professor Chancellor says the Justice Department agents allegedly bought and destroyed all copies of this book. Harding suffered nervous breakdowns at the age of 24 and had to spend some time in a sanitarium. Between 1889 and 1901, Harding paid five protracted visits to the J. P. Kellogg sanitarium in Battle Creek, Michigan to recover from fatigue, overstrain, and nervous illnesses. Some speculate his illness was due to the pressure of not fully disclosing his black heritage and living as white.
5. Calvin Coolidge, the nations 30th president, served between 1923 and 1929 and supposedly was proud of his heritage. He claimed his mother was dark because of mixed Indian ancestry. This notion was disputed by Auset Bakhufu, author of The Six Black Presidents who said in her book that by the 1800s, the New England Indians hardly were pure Indian, because they had mixed so often with blacks. Coolidges mothers maiden name was Moor and in Europe the name Moor was given to all blacks just as Negro was used in America. It later was concluded that Coolidge was part black.
6. The last elected black president was Dwight David Eisenhower who served from 1953 to 1961, the 34th president. Eisenhowers mother, Ida Elizabeth Stover was a mullato woman making Eisenhower part black. Eisenhower as president moved military integration from a law to reality. He battered Arkansas Gov. Orval Faubus with federal force to desegregate Little Rocks Central High School. He was the first President to elevate an African- American to an executive position in the White House. He established the first regulations to prohibit racial discrimination in the federal workforce. He was the first President since Reconstruction to meet with Civil Rights leaders in the White House. He helped turn Washington, D.C., into an integrated city.
A black President?? OK show me a country setup and run by blacks in Africa that is just Peachy ???
When it comes to racial matters, Obama never misses an opportunity to jump to the wrong conclusion.
Not real history, any of it.
While Republicans took their eye off the ball to stare at the racial misdirection, the Dems slid the financial reform through.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.