Skip to comments.President Obama Admits He's Become Part of the Problem
Posted on 10/28/2010 12:21:02 PM PDT by Sub-Driver
President Obama Admits He's Become Part of the Problem GOP's Pledge to America Offers Clear Plan to Reform Congress & Restore Public Trust
Washington (Oct 28) President Obama conceded yesterday that it was fair to say that his government takeover of health care was written in a very political manner, that is papered over a foundation that is corrupt. This admission, made during an appearance on The Daily Show, was stunning coming from a president who promised on his first full day in office to make government trustworthy because there was too much secrecy in Washington.
Inquiring Americans now want to know which parts of the job-killing health care law President Obama believes were written in a very political manner:
* Is he talking about how PhRMA decided to run expensive television ads in the districts of 38 House Democrats wavering on the final bill a decision that came at the tail end of weeks-long period in which Democratic staffers and PhRMA lobbyists were hashing out the final details of their special deal behind closed doors?
* Is he talking about the infamous Cornhusker Kickback, one of the dozens of payoffs, kickbacks, and sweetheart deals that Democrats pushed for throughout the health care debate?
Theres plenty more where that came from. Of course, ObamaCare is just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to how President Obama and his administration have, by his own admission, become part of the problem:
* President Obama has coddled Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, the government mortgage companies that sparked the financial meltdown, shielding them from reform while forcing responsible taxpayers to subsidize permanent bailouts for irresponsible behavior. Criminal neglect is how one Harvard economist describes Washington Democrats years-long enabling of Fannie and Freddie.
* President Obama has employed scores of former lobbyists in his own administration and ignored his own rules so he could place lobbyists in key policy positions while refusing to place anyone who has ever created a job in the private sector on his economic team. Pressed to change his economic team, President Obama instead promoted one of the architects of his failed stimulus policies and argued for more stimulus spending.
* President Obamas staff holds regular meetings with lobbyists at Caribou Coffee across the street from the Oval Office so that they can avoid recording their meetings on public White House visitors logs.
President Obamas job-killing policies are empowering lobbyists and bureaucrats and killing jobs, and the American people are rising up against them. As one independent voter told The New York Times she voted for Mr. Obama in 2008 because she was looking for a change, adding, the change that ensued was not the change I was looking for but something totally out of left field.
PLEDGE TO AMERICA: A CLEAR PLAN TO REFORM CONGRESS & RESTORE PUBLIC TRUST
Its no surprise that trust in Congress has fallen to record lows on President Obamas watch. To force his job-killing agenda through Congress, Washington Democrats have written bills behind closed doors, cut backroom deals, attempted to manipulate the rules so they could circumvent the will of the people, and ignored their responsibility to write a budget. President Obama got what he wanted, but Americans didnt get the change or the hope they were promised.
With the Pledge to America, a governing agenda built by listening to the people, Republicans are offering a clear plan to deliver an open, accountable, and transparent Congress:
* We will read the bill and require legislation be publicly available at least 3 days before voting on it.
* We will adhere to the Constitution and require every bill to cite its specific Constitutional Authority.
* We will ensure an open and bipartisan debate on all spending bills.
* We will advance legislative issues one at a time and end the practice of massive bills that address unrelated issues.
These reforms are designed to help restore public trust and give government back to the people. Learn more about the Pledge at http://facebook.com/PledgetoAmerica.
Robin of Berkeley, a psychiatrist who writes for American Thinker, did a piece a while back analyzing Obama’s weird behavior. She didn’t know about the scar, but she postulated that much of Obama’s behavior is consistent with a person who has sustained a significant brain injury.
I agree, The Beginning, Middle and End.
I haven’t noticed a scar on his head. Where is it located?
Much as I dislike the idea of it, I’ll have to look closer at pictures of him. Barf.
That’s the scar from the Soros mind control chip implant.
It doesn’t do much good for the pilot to admit he’s drunk after the plane’s off the ground. I doubt many passengers are going to be comforted by an “I told you so” at that point.
The time for this cretin to admit his incompetence was BEFORE he ruined a great country. All he can do now is get out of the way and hope WE can land the plane.
There. Fixed the headline.
That’s a doozie, all right.
What do you want to bet that’s not a Captain America comic book!!