Skip to comments.Obama to Texas Reporter: 'Let Me Finish My Answers Next Time'
Posted on 04/19/2011 3:07:30 PM PDT by Mozilla
When President Obama speaks, don't interrupt.
That's what the president told a Texas reporter after a brief but contentious interview in which he was challenged about his unpopularity in the state.
"Let me finish my answers next time we do an interview, all right?" he told WFAA News 8 reporter Brad Watson.
During the interview, one of four that Obama held with Texas media in the White House on Monday, the president argued that even though the Lone Star state was historically Republican, his election meant that the politics there was changing.
"We lost by a few percentage points in Texas," Obama said. But Watson corrected the president, saying that he lost by 11 percentage points to Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz.
"If what you're telling me is Texas is a conservative state, you're absolutely right," he said.
The president also disputed the notion held by some Houston Republicans and Democrats that his administration skipped the city to award retired space shuttle orbiters to states that would play a key role in his re-election bid.
"That's wrong," Obama said.
When Watson pressed him further, Obama replied testily, "I just said that was wrong. We had nothing to do with it. The White House had nothing to do with. There was a whole commission, a whole process. That's how the decision was made."
Asked if he was personally involved in the decision, the president said, "I just said that wasn't true."
(Excerpt) Read more at foxnews.com ...
Obama is an arrogant person.
“Obama to Texas Reporter: ‘Let Me Finish My Answers Next Time’
TRANSLATION: “Wait until the teleprompter tells me what to say”.
Notice when he gets a question he doesn’t like, he always looks down, rapidly blinking eyes, and a scowl on his face.
I realize time is money in the broadcast biz, but it would be interesting if an interviewer just let Zero ramble on and on, not giving him any questions, comment, or, “Yes, I’m listening,” cues. What would the brilliant orator do if faced with 60 seconds of a blank stare and no script?
Obama is big on the rope-a-dope. If he knows it’s hostile territory, Zero goes into five minute babbling answers to diffuse the situation. Reporters are given an set time so killing it with non-answers eats up the interview.
Obama first did this with the pathetic BOR interview during the election. One shot at asking the man real questions and Ted Baxter tossed softballs and let Obama control the interview.
Love to see an Obama/Trump debate with them asking each other questions.
Hey Obumer, what part of DONT MESS WITH TEXAS didn't you understand?
Me to Obama, “kiss my azzz”
Additionally, is "Let Me Finish My Answers Next Time" not the very verbal model of a modern malignant narcissist?
I don’t even look at his stupid face but thanks for the description.
We as a country need to stop treating presidents like royalty and start making them earn their pay. If that happened, we might have fewer incompetent hustlers and all-powerful demagogues serving as president...or emperors in all but name.
Actually #2, the translation is: “How dare you interrupt my spin and lies”
“Notice when he gets a question he doesnt like, he always looks down, rapidly blinking eyes, and a scowl on his face.”
And then there’s that microexpression of intense rage that you can briefly see in his eyes the moment that he realizes he loathes somebody.
“If what you’re telling me is Texas is a conservative state, you’re absolutely right,” he said.”
TRANSLATION: Texas is full of racists who are bitter clingers.
The King does not like to hear he has no clothes.
Obama is getting bothered which is good.
Mr. Snarky-pants ought to stay out of Texas.
STOP INTERRUPTING OBAMA’S TELEPROMPTER!!!
Who did he think he was talking to? I know he is used to dressing things up and getting a lot of people to eat it, but no matter how you garnish it Texans know Bullsh!t when we see it and we aint going to eat it.
To me this has got to be one of the best moments since this sham artist has been elected and thats just shameful that the first reporter to challenge him is some nobody local reporter.
So it’s getting uncomfortable to tell the emperor he has no clothes, keep it up until he cracks
The reported didn't want to hear five minutes of Zer0's triple speak - talking from both sides of his mouth and his @ss at the same time.
Where can I get a flag like that one?
1600 Pennsylvania Avenue?
Obama calls Perry a hypocrate for taking federal money, but Obama who is calling for higher taxes took deductions on his own return to evade taxes.
Pot and Kettle
Reporter to mac daddy, “Why,is it a lie we have not heard before”?
1. As Trump continues to challenge Obama to produce his long form birth certificate day after day, week after week, Obama has been conspicuously silent and docile instead of coming out fighting will all guns blazing and lashing out and ridiculing Trump like Obama has attacked and ridiculed his critics in the past.
2. As I see it, Obama won't jump on and snap at Trump like he snapped at the Texas reporter because he knows this: Once he confronts Trump on this Obama long form birth certificate controversy, the birth certificate controversy will never go away.
3.In fact, the Obama birth certificate controversy could become even more heated and controversial for the Obama camp if Obama dares to open his mouth and starts lashing out and ridiculing Trump the deeper and deeper we go into the 2012 presidential campaign season.
4. I say the above for this reason: More and more voters might become so frustrated with Obama's hands-off approach to Trump's rants and raves about this Obama long form birth certificate issue that they may simply beg Obama to release his long form birth certificate in order to finally put this controversy to rest, and, more importantly, chase the arrogant and loud-mouth Trump back into the hole he crawled out of a few weeks ago.
5. So I say this to Obama: I dare you to lash out at Trump the way you lashed out at the Texas reporter recently if you really have a long form birth certificate in Hawaii as your supporters claim.
6. Of course, if you continue to remain conspicuously silent and docile while Trump is ripping you apart all over the tv and radio talk show circuit, then it tells me one thing: You have no long form birth certificate, or, there is something on that long form birth certificate that you don't want the public to see because it would destroy your political life.
The reporter should have told him that there won’t be a “next time”, and that he was uninteresting and a bore prone to circumlocution.
Went to the Fox news site, over 3,600 comments so far, majority of them are not too flattering for Obama.
Texas to ZeroBama: F you, we don't want to hear anything you have to say you Marxist, Moo-slim, Kenyan steaming pantload.....
Obama is a fake who cannot answer anything unscripted.
(Gilbert and Sullivan, move over.)
Don’t mess with Texas! Brad Watson, you are my hero.