Skip to comments.Obama to Texas Reporter: 'Let Me Finish My Answers Next Time'
Posted on 04/19/2011 3:07:30 PM PDT by Mozilla
When President Obama speaks, don't interrupt.
That's what the president told a Texas reporter after a brief but contentious interview in which he was challenged about his unpopularity in the state.
"Let me finish my answers next time we do an interview, all right?" he told WFAA News 8 reporter Brad Watson.
During the interview, one of four that Obama held with Texas media in the White House on Monday, the president argued that even though the Lone Star state was historically Republican, his election meant that the politics there was changing.
"We lost by a few percentage points in Texas," Obama said. But Watson corrected the president, saying that he lost by 11 percentage points to Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz.
"If what you're telling me is Texas is a conservative state, you're absolutely right," he said.
The president also disputed the notion held by some Houston Republicans and Democrats that his administration skipped the city to award retired space shuttle orbiters to states that would play a key role in his re-election bid.
"That's wrong," Obama said.
When Watson pressed him further, Obama replied testily, "I just said that was wrong. We had nothing to do with it. The White House had nothing to do with. There was a whole commission, a whole process. That's how the decision was made."
Asked if he was personally involved in the decision, the president said, "I just said that wasn't true."
(Excerpt) Read more at foxnews.com ...
The reported didn't want to hear five minutes of Zer0's triple speak - talking from both sides of his mouth and his @ss at the same time.
Where can I get a flag like that one?
1600 Pennsylvania Avenue?
Obama calls Perry a hypocrate for taking federal money, but Obama who is calling for higher taxes took deductions on his own return to evade taxes.
Pot and Kettle
Reporter to mac daddy, “Why,is it a lie we have not heard before”?
1. As Trump continues to challenge Obama to produce his long form birth certificate day after day, week after week, Obama has been conspicuously silent and docile instead of coming out fighting will all guns blazing and lashing out and ridiculing Trump like Obama has attacked and ridiculed his critics in the past.
2. As I see it, Obama won't jump on and snap at Trump like he snapped at the Texas reporter because he knows this: Once he confronts Trump on this Obama long form birth certificate controversy, the birth certificate controversy will never go away.
3.In fact, the Obama birth certificate controversy could become even more heated and controversial for the Obama camp if Obama dares to open his mouth and starts lashing out and ridiculing Trump the deeper and deeper we go into the 2012 presidential campaign season.
4. I say the above for this reason: More and more voters might become so frustrated with Obama's hands-off approach to Trump's rants and raves about this Obama long form birth certificate issue that they may simply beg Obama to release his long form birth certificate in order to finally put this controversy to rest, and, more importantly, chase the arrogant and loud-mouth Trump back into the hole he crawled out of a few weeks ago.
5. So I say this to Obama: I dare you to lash out at Trump the way you lashed out at the Texas reporter recently if you really have a long form birth certificate in Hawaii as your supporters claim.
6. Of course, if you continue to remain conspicuously silent and docile while Trump is ripping you apart all over the tv and radio talk show circuit, then it tells me one thing: You have no long form birth certificate, or, there is something on that long form birth certificate that you don't want the public to see because it would destroy your political life.
The reporter should have told him that there won’t be a “next time”, and that he was uninteresting and a bore prone to circumlocution.
Went to the Fox news site, over 3,600 comments so far, majority of them are not too flattering for Obama.
Texas to ZeroBama: F you, we don't want to hear anything you have to say you Marxist, Moo-slim, Kenyan steaming pantload.....
Obama is a fake who cannot answer anything unscripted.
(Gilbert and Sullivan, move over.)
Don’t mess with Texas! Brad Watson, you are my hero.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.