Skip to comments.Married Women - Better Sex, More Money
Posted on 05/20/2011 7:40:16 AM PDT by ilovesarah2012
Although it counters popular perceptions that sex with one person will inevitably get boring and monotonous, married couples enjoy better sex than either sexually active single couples or cohabiting couples. "The most comprehensive and recent survey of sexuality" indicates that married couples enjoy sex and are better satisfied with their sex lives -- both emotionally and physically -- than are either sexually active single couples or cohabiting couples. Popenoe and Whitehead report, "Forty-two percent of wives said that they found sex extremely emotionally and physically satisfying, compared to just 31 percent of single women who had a sex partner. And, 48 percent of husbands said sex was extremely satisfying emotionally, compared to just 37 percent of cohabiting men." The researchers explained, "The higher level of commitment in marriage is probably the reason for the high level of reported sexual satisfaction; marital commitment contributes to a greater sense of trust and security, less drug and alcohol-infused sex, and more mutual communication between the couple."
(Excerpt) Read more at americanthinker.com ...
What’s more disturbing is that only 42% of married women are satisfied.
I expected this title was written by Arnold Schwarzenegger.
How much of that good sex is with their husbands?
“How much of that good sex is with their husbands?”
lol. Took the thought right out of my head. “I have great sex...but not after the husband gets home.”
“Whats more disturbing is that only 42% of married women are satisfied.”
42% are EXTREMELY satisfied. The other 58% are satisfied enough to stay married.
The media shout that sexual pleasure depends upon being young, rich, and beautiful. Well, I just raided my IRA again, will be 60 in another few weeks, and wife & self mass too close to 500 lbs. together for our own good.
Did I mention — we’ve been married for 33 years, and have more fun now, more often, than we did 25 years ago?
God’s favor and covenant mercies are amazing. Decline in hormones is more than offset by increase in mutual respect, esteem, and regard. I’m crazier than ever about the woman I’m doing it with, which intensifies the doing it!
My kids would start screaming “TMI TMI!” at this point, but I hope this brief testimony will encourage my dear FRiends!
LOL - loophole!
LOL - good for you!
Is it possible that decades after premarital sex became relatively commonplace, that good sex may be a contributing factor to the marriage in the first place? I know for a fact that I’ve got plans for my girl, and while she can cook, a guy’s gotta do a bit more than eat....
I believe a good marriage provides trust and confidence to really enjoy sex. And it does get better with time. No reason married sex can’t be exciting and something to look forward to, especially after the kids are grown!
ROFLOL, that was what I was wondering?????? Most women in this country are on their second or third husband. Same as the men.
I must be living on a different planet. I have only met a few married men who are satisfied with their sex life, and they were married to quite “aggressive” women.
Not sure but I think that’s how neighbors came about.
This has got to be a female response. Let a man, who thinks about sex every ten minutes or so, suffer through a near celibate life for 18 years or more, and then expect him to think the person that caused this to be suddenly "sexy" because now, that the kids are gone, they feel like focusing some attention on him. As you can tell by the very high divorce rate of couples whose children have recently moved out, It doesn't work that way.
I obviously can’t speak for everyone, especially men. Maybe the grass will be greener on the other side for you.
Wow, you mean sex is better in the context that it is SUPPOSED to be in?