Skip to comments.Benjamin Netanyahu Eviscerating the UN in his speech
Posted on 09/23/2011 10:40:01 AM PDT by God luvs America
anyone watching??? pointing out the utter incompetence of the UN and its never ending disdain for Israel...
When Israel speaks all the Arab and almost all the Muslim states leave before hand. So the UN is only 2/3 or less there. Also when a Head of State speaks, he is allowed to bring a larger entourage so they can applaud for him. I saw the speech he was probably getting applause from his delegation and maybe 40 others (the delegations are small).
Abbas got a much bigger applause. He had more people on his side.
His speech was good. Not all unique he has said most of this before. And sometimes his speech was out of the bounds of that BS diplomatic speak, but I like that. He says what he means and he says it directly and what he says is true. No misunderstanding him.
He really will make a deal if the Pals agree to sit and discuss Israel’s concerns. Though he may know that he is safe to offer it because the Pals never take the opportunities.
Thanks for the link. Got to watch the whole thing!
just watched it all. good to see a real leader tell it like it is. he didn’t even need a teleprompter
Oh, yeah! Something was “spoken” in the past, but it WASN’T the truth.
Remember all this????
By fishtank...updated Dec. 6, 2006
Here’s what a “conservative” is supposed to be?
* Doing his very best to destroy American sovereignty by melding America into Mexico into Canada???
* George W. Bush (43): “I looked the man in the eye. I was able to get a sense of his soul.
I knew that President Putin was a man with whom I could work.”
* Allowed his wife to call a homosexual partner’s mom the “mother-in-law” ???
* Allowed the new Iraqi constitution to have a clause where no law would contradict Islam.
* Wanted to sell US port operations to Dubai - a nation that supports terror.
* Advocates a completely open border - to the detriment of national security.
* Calls the Minutemen “vigilantes”.
* Continually calls Islam a “religion of peace”.
* Pursues “free trade”, not fair trade. “Free trade” has not been very fair, so far.
* Supported Specter over Toomey.
* Told Hush to host Specter with softballs, and then Hush carries the water.
* Continually supported Linc Chaffee, and what did it win in the long run?
* Let Ted Kennedy write the education bill.
* Did nothing to rein in pork barrel government spending.
* In an exclusive interview with ABC News’ Charles Gibson, Bush said he believes that both Christians and Muslims worship the same God. “I think we do. We have different routes of getting to the Almighty,” Bush said.
If our nation sustained daily rocket attacks for years we too would have a leader like this. Mr. Netanyahu exhibits extraordinary patience which I believe is beginning to wear thin
He sliced and diced the entire UN with his unvarnished, undisputable, in your face TRUTH...which included a swift body blow to our small, effiminate, communist who currently prances around in our White House.
I watched Netanyahu’s UN presentation. I was especially caught by his reference to both sides being from the same patriarch, I take this means Abraham. He could have mentioned Issac and Ishmail, but this would have begged the issue of Mohammed much later on taking up the cause of Ishmail in the establishment of Islam as opposed to the House of David from Issac. As long as Muslems hold to Mohammed there cannot/will not be peace between Israel and the Palistinians. Think about the Hatfields and McCoys.
Yani. I remember watching “The Raid on Entebbe” back in 1978.
We'd get one conservative president and two perpetually Democratic senators.
I have admired Bibi forever. When I was still working, I had a couple of pics of Bibi under glass on a slide out tray in my desk, and one other small pic on my bulletin board (I worked at a University). He’s been my hero for a long, long time. Wish I could meet him in person one day. I have a cerebral love affair going on with Bibi. He is brilliant, and one of the best orators I have ever heard. He means what he says, and he says what he means. This speech to the U.N. was magnificent in its simplicity and honesty. It should have put most of the U.N. to shame.
I had no idea he was such a hunk.
Thank you for the insite monkeyshine. I did notice though, when the camera spanned the U.S. delegation, there were only three sitting there.
I watched a replay. I’ve always admired Netanyahu and am glad he is in charge in such a time as this.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.