Skip to comments.White Head Coaches Prefer White Quarterbacks, Black Head Coaches Prefer Black Quarterbacks
Posted on 12/10/2011 1:14:01 PM PST by MinorityRepublican
With the lack of job security for head coaches in the NFL, one would think that these men would want their teams being led by the best quarterbacks, regardless of skin color.
However, a look through NFL rosters reveals a troubling trend: white head coaches are more likely to have white quarterbacks, and black head coaches are more likely to have black quarterbacks.
In the NFL, 21.9 percent (7 of 32) of the head coaches are black. According to NFL.com, those seven coaches have 20 quarterbacks on their active rosters. Half (10) of those quarterbacks are black or mixed-race. On the other hand, 25 (78.1%) of the head coaches are white. Of the 66 quarterbacks on those teams, 56 (84.8%) are white, and only ten (15.2%) are black or mixed-race.
Are black coaches biased towards black quarterbacks? Are white coaches biased towards white quarterbacks? Maybe there is a little bit of both.
No matter what the reason, the numbers are clear. If you are a white quarterback, you are much more likely to be playing for a white head coach (84.8%) than a black head coach (15.2%). And if you are a black or mixed-race QB, you are much more likely to find work with a black head coach (50%) even though only 21.9 percent of head coaches are black.
(Excerpt) Read more at articles.businessinsider.com ...
I am a white fan. I prefer Quarterbacks, not runnings backs that can sometimes be counted upon to throw.;
I didn’t realize Andy Reid is black.
In the NBA, black coaches prefer black players.
If Michael Jackson was coaching a football team, would he prefer black little boys or white little boys?
Who knew this sort of trend might continue past age 14??
I guess that explains Tony Finger and Peyton Manning or Mike Tomlin and Big Ben. Yep. All makes sense now.
If I were a head coach, I would prefer a QB that consistently threw to his receivers instead of throwing to players on the othet team..../lol
Dungy. Danged auto correct.
Just look at Andy Reid, the racist. Starting Vick and McNabb, then choosing Young over Kafka, while trading away Kolb. And that time he had Garcia. What a jerk, not wanting black QB’s!!!!!!
And then there is Tomlin on the other side of the state who had 3 black QB’s backing up a white guy, which to me just proves that the black coach is keeping the black QB’s down.
Maybe its just the state of Pennsylvania that likes black QB’s. I mean, look where Randall Cunningham played.
I also wonder if Sanchez or Romo are considered white or non-white.
Is that why the Lakers are trying to trade Pau?
Black skateboarders don’t care; white skateboarders don’t care ... FYI.
But let's act like this is unique to professional football.
And Romeo Crennel drafting Brady Quinn to back up Charlie Frye and Derek Anderson or Marvin Lewis with Carson Palmer/Andy Dalton?
If someone really wants more black QB’s, dont look at the NFL. Look at the colleges that take every black QB in the south from HS and make them WR’s.
I was listening to a local sports show, where the guy made a pretty good point. In watching the Army HS All Star Game, every black kid was “exceptionally talented, with raw speed” while every white kid was “smart and deceptively fast.” I also remember a draft magazine a few years ago thaat graded Byron Leftwich as a good scrambler. I wonder why?
I think this article was created because of the Jordy Nelson question from a few weeks ago.
That just flies in the face of Coach Bowden’s philosophy: Someon’e about to score, and if its you, we get the ball back.
The black coach who replaced him kept Peyton, as well.
Like Tim Tebow.
And if a sportscaster talks about how well spoken an athlete is you can rest assured the athlete is black.