Skip to comments.The Mormon moment
Posted on 02/03/2012 9:47:56 AM PST by C19fan
click here to read article
SP, why would you wish demon possession on the Inmen’s Christian brother ???
Either god(s) were lying or Brigham Young was lying...Is that why you can't answer Pancho ? How could a true 'restoration' get so messed up so soon afetr the 'first vision' ?
This is the very root of your "religion" THE VERY ROOT !
Everyone is watching....
reason is not the be all, end all. What does reason tell you about Christ’s resurrection? That it couldn’t happen, but yet it did. That He could not effect miracles. He did that, too.
I posted your own contradictory scriptures, that also contradict the word of God which HE promised would never pass away. I also posted God's instructions to test all things against his undying word.
You still have not answered my question. You cannot, the sprirt of God has confounded you with the truth. Brainwashing has left you incredulous.
KJV OR JST ?
Is that rising blood pressure "peace of the spirit" ?
I know exactly what you are feeling, I'VE BEEN THERE.
I do not have to be ashamed of a single word or deed of Christ.
Break free from the bondage of false doctrines, laws and works. Throw off the heavy yokes of shame of the history of false prophets. Christ's burden is light, and he will end your confusion and take the pain of your shame.
Hopefully he'll have it ready by next election season.
We warned them ! No One can say we didn't warn them !
Ah, got it. You said that Utah sent a polygamist as their first representative, which was obviously false. Thanks for the correction on whom you were referring to.
Here's a clue. A faithful person reads the Old and New Testament and involves his/her reason at all turns. A real Christian's reason is edified by his or her God's Spirit generated faith. It is part of what to be born again and become a new creation is all about.
The Christian reader comes upon a scene as depicted in Daniel Chapter Five and since this person believes God, the scene is a telling of real events ... and yet a hand, just a hand, not a body just a hand, appeared in the King of Babylon's palace party central and wrote on a wall in plain view of the king and his guests!
IF you are a person who believes God, the scene is an eye witness account. On the other hand, if you are a Mormon who wants to excuse lies and deception and false prophecies and the sexual predation of Joseph Smith, you will tell a faithful person seeking to lead you out of the moronISM darkness that 'reason dictates the scene cannot be real'.
It really would behoove you to learn the contrast between reason edified by faith in God's Promises and just reason edified by the opinions of others. Did you know that 'Abraham believed God, and it was counted for him righteousness' is a real assertion in the Bible? And do you know what Abraham believed and did which proved his belief? Look it up, the reality may surprise you. [ Here's a hint: Abraham proved he innately believed God by what he said to those accompanying him and his son on that trip to the mountain for the sacrifice. ]
He did it because he was ‘called’ to it by his Stake President. Mormons don’t usually use the term Bishop after they are ‘released’ from the calling (usually about 2 years but it varies).
However, it is a bit much to say he did it for the love of Christ. Bishopric calling is somewhat common and when you are ‘called’ to ANY job in the LDS you are expected to serve. It is also a stepping stone to other higher callings like Stake President.
Tepid is right, though, they don’t get paid, ANYMORE. They used to though.
No, actually reason does tell me it happened because of his word and his power and the things that are observable that are also part of God’s world and Word.
No, actually reason does tell me it happened because of his word and his power and the things that are observable that are also part of God’s world and Word.
AFTER I had abandoned the heresies, THEN I was ready to be saved by Christ.
- - - - -
Worth a repost. Witnessing to the LDS is a two part program.
Only by the SLC branch of LDS.
THAT is the bunch that threw their 'god' under the bus in favor of statehood.
I appreciate your concern, but, as I said before, I read the texts and I'm not basing my belief on opinions of others. I'm basing it on personal experience reading the word of God and feeling the presence of the spirit which enlightens my understanding. I was responding to the reader who said her/his reason leads to a belief that Mormonism is false. Well, I have spiritual confirmation contrary to his/her reasoning.
The last time the Mormon missionaries came to our door, I invited them back for dinner (those boys live on Top Ramen), and had a captive audience to witness to them for 2 hours afterwards since they schedule the whole evening and are too polite to leave.
After that they crossed the street rather than walk by my house for a couple of years.
Yet they have never renounced the doctrine of polygamy, just the practice and even that (the Offical Declaration 1) isn’t worded as a revelation.
Then there is the whole polygamy in the next life thing, with men being able to be married for eternity to more than one wife.
Also, I know at least one polygamous LDS family (they keep it quiet) who have not been excommunicated. I have heard of others, but know this one personally.
Don't you realize that LATER scripture trumps what you find in the BoM?
1. The prophet is the only man who speaks for the Lord in everything.
2. The living prophet is more vital to us than the standard works.
3. The living prophet is more important to us than a dead prophet.
4. The prophet will never lead the church astray.
5. The prophet is not required to have any particular earthly training or credentials to speak on any subject or act on any matter at any time.
6. The prophet does not have to say Thus Saith the Lord, to give us scripture.
7. The prophet tells us what we need to know, not always what we want to know.
8. The prophet is not limited by mens reasoning.
9. The prophet can receive revelation on any matter, temporal or spiritual.
10. The prophet may advise on civic matters.
11. The two groups who have the greatest difficulty in following the prophet are the proud who are learned and the proud who are rich.
12. The prophet will not necessarily be popular with the world or the worldly.
13. The prophet and his counselors make up the First Presidencythe highest quorum in the Church.
14. The prophet and the presidencythe living prophet and the First Presidencyfollow them and be blessedreject them and suffer.
I testify that these fourteen fundamentals in following the living prophet are true. If we want to know how well we stand with the Lord then let us ask ourselves how well we stand with His mortal captainhow close do our lives harmonize with the Lords anointedthe living ProphetPresident of the Church, and with the Quorum of the First Presidency.
Ezra Taft Benson
(Address given Tuesday, February 26, 1980 at Brigham Young University)
LOL!!! Love it!
"Now if any of you will deny the plurality of wives, and continue to do so, I promise that you will be damned;
and I will go still further and say, take this revelation, or any other revelation that the Lord has given,
and deny it in your feelings, and I promise that you will be damned.
Brigham Young - JoD 3:266 (July 14, 1855)
I would think that if I were an SLC type of 'mormon'; I'd be quite WORRIED at this point!!
but dont let facts get in the way
- - - - -
You mean facts like Joseph Smith LIED about practicing polygamy?
That the LDS church lies to its members?
That the LDS missionaries fail to disclose certain doctrines?
Facts like that Smith had many false prophecies making him a false prophet?
Facts like LDS leaders have taught that Adam was God, Jesus was a polygamist and that is why he was crucified?
Want me to go one?
If you want facts about Mormonism, stay tuned we have them all here.
brought to mind that Mormon song that goes something like
“reason tells us that we have a mother (god) there...”
singing about the mother god in Kolob
I am quite sure that you are feeling the peaceful reassurance of someONE.
But from WHERE do the nagging doubts emanate?
Here is a comparison sample:
See some differences between GOD's Word and the Joseph Smith's 'translation'
Color coding explanation:Added stuff... Changed stuff... Rearranged stuff... Removed stuff...*(UNDERLINED stuff is the DISTRACTING reference on every tenth word or so that infuses LDS 'scripture' online.)
JOSEPH SMITHMATTHEWAn extract from the translation of the Bible as revealed to Joseph Smith the Prophet in 1831: Matthew 23: 39 and chapter 24.Jesus foretells the impending destruction of JerusalemHe also discourses on the second coming of the Son of Man, and the destruction of the wicked.1 aFor I say unto you, that ye shall not see me henceforth and know that I am he of whom it is written by the prophets, until ye shall say: Blessed is he who bcometh in the name of the Lord, in the clouds of heaven, and all the holy angels with him. Then understood his disciples that he should come again on the earth, after that he was glorified and ccrowned on the right hand of God.2 And Jesus went out, and departed from the temple; and his disciples came to him, for to ahear him, saying: Master, show us concerning the buildings of the temple, as thou hast saidThey shall be thrown down, and left unto you desolate.3 And Jesus said unto them: See ye not all these things, and do ye not understand them? Verily I say unto you, there shall not be left here, upon this temple, one astone upon another that shall not be thrown down.4 And Jesus left them, and went upon the Mount of Olives. And as he sat upon the Mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying: Tell us when shall these things be which thou hast said concerning the destruction of the temple, and the Jews; and what is the asign of thy bcoming, and of the cend of the world, or the destruction of the dwicked, which is the end of the world?6 For many shall come in my name, sayingI am aChristand shall deceive many;8 And then shall many be aoffended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another;9 And many afalse prophets shall arise, and shall deceive many;10 And because iniquity shall abound, the alove of many shall wax cold;11 But he that remaineth asteadfast and is not overcome, the same shall be saved.13 Then let them who are in Judea flee into the amountains;16 And wo unto them that are with achild, and unto them that give suck in those days;19 All things which have befallen them are only the beginning of the sorrows which shall come upon them.21 Behold, these things I have spoken unto you concerning the Jews; and again, after the tribulation of those days which shall come upon Jerusalem, if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there, believe him not;22 For in those days there shall also arise false aChrists, and false prophets, and shall show great signs and wonders, insomuch, that, if possible, they shall deceive the very elect, who are the elect according to the covenant.25 Wherefore, if they shall say unto you: Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: Behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not;26 For as the light of the morning cometh out of the aeast, and shineth even unto the west, and covereth the whole earth, so shall also the coming of the Son of Man be.29 Behold I speak for mine elects sake; for nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom; there shall be afamines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.30 And again, because iniquity shall abound, the love of men shall wax acold; but he that shall not be overcome, the same shall be saved.32 And again shall the aabomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, be fulfilled.34 Verily, I say unto you, this ageneration, in which these things shall be shown forth, shall not pass away until all I have told you shall be fulfilled.35 Although, the days will come, that heaven and earth shall pass away; yet my awords shall not pass away, but all shall be fulfilled.36 And, as I said before, after the atribulation of those days, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken, then shall appear the sign of the Son of Man in heaven, and then shall all the tribes of the earth bmourn; and they shall see the cSon of Man dcoming in the clouds of heaven, with power and great glory;38 Now learn a parable of the afig-treeWhen its branches are yet tender, and it begins to put forth leaves, you know that summer is nigh at hand;39 So likewise, mine elect, when they shall see all these things, they shall know that he is near, even at the doors;40 But of that day, and hour, no one aknoweth; no, not the angels of God in heaven, but my Father only.41 But as it was in the days of aNoah, so it shall be also at the coming of the Son of Man;42 For it shall be with them, as it was in the days which were before the aflood; for until the day that Noah entered into the ark they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage;43 And aknew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of Man be.46 And what I say unto one, I say unto all men; awatch, therefore, for you know not at what hour your Lord doth come.47 But know this, if the good man of the house had known in what watch the thief would come, he would have watched, and would not have suffered his house to have been broken up, but would have been ready.48 Therefore be ye also aready, for in such an hour as ye think not, the Son of Man cometh.49 Who, then, is a afaithful and wise servant, whom his lord hath made ruler over his household, to give them meat in due season?50 Blessed is that aservant whom his lord, when he cometh, shall find so doing; and verily I say unto you, he shall make him ruler over all his goods.51 But if that evil servant shall say in his heart: My lord adelayeth his coming,53 The lord of that servant shall come in a day when he looketh not for him, and in an hour that he is not aware of,54 And shall cut him asunder, and shall appoint him his portion with the hypocrites; there shall be weeping and agnashing of teeth.55 And thus cometh the aend of the wicked, according to the prophecy of Moses, saying: They shall be cut off from among the people; but the end of the earth is not yet, but by and by.
The Official Scriptures of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
© 2006 Intellectual Reserve, Inc. All rights reserved.
KJV Matthew 23:38-39 24:1-5139. For I say unto you, Ye shall not see me henceforth, till ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord.
1. And Jesus went out, and departed from the temple: and his disciples came to him for to shew him the buildings of the temple.
2. And Jesus said unto them, See ye not all these things? verily I say unto you, There shall not be left here one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down.
3. And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?
4. And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.
5. For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.
6. And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.
7. For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.
8. All these are the beginning of sorrows.
9. Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake.
10. And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another.
11. And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.
12. And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.
13. But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.
14. And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.
15. When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand:)
16. Then let them which be in Judaea flee into the mountains:
17. Let him which is on the housetop not come down to take any thing out of his house:
18. Neither let him which is in the field return back to take his clothes.
19. And woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck in those days!
20. But pray ye that your flight be not in the winter, neither on the sabbath day:
21. For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.
22. And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.
23. Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not.
24. For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.
25. Behold, I have told you before.
26. Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not.
27. For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
28. For wheresoever the carcase is, there will the eagles be gathered together.
29. Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:
30. And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.
31. And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.
32. Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When his branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is nigh:
33. So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors.
34. Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.
35. Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.
36. But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.
37. But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
38. For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,
39. And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
40. Then shall two be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left.
41. Two women shall be grinding at the mill; the one shall be taken, and the other left.
42. Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come.
43. But know this, that if the goodman of the house had known in what watch the thief would come, he would have watched, and would not have suffered his house to be broken up.
44. Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh.
45. Who then is a faithful and wise servant, whom his lord hath made ruler over his household, to give them meat in due season?
46. Blessed is that servant, whom his lord when he cometh shall find so doing.
47. Verily I say unto you, That he shall make him ruler over all his goods.
48. But and if that evil servant shall say in his heart, My lord delayeth his coming;
49. And shall begin to smite his fellowservants, and to eat and drink with the drunken;
50. The lord of that servant shall come in a day when he looketh not for him, and in an hour that he is not aware of,
51. And shall cut him asunder, and appoint him his portion with the hypocrites: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.King James Version of the Holy BiblePublic domain
I have yet to meet a truly humble Mormon. Mormonism FEED arrogance and self righteousness.
Of course they do go around with the attitude of “Hey! Look how humble *I* am!”
the 2 Ann’s lol Mittsy won’t even have to worry about calling out the wrong name
Do you eat MEAT in the summertime?
|The Official Scriptures of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
© 2006 Intellectual Reserve, Inc. All rights reserved.
People who think that Newt Gingrich’s ideas about private enterprise investing in space exploration are nutty? Well, let’s just say, they ain’t heard nothing yet.
- - - - — - -
One of my favorite quotes by an LDS apostle...
That vegetables as well as animals have spirits, is clearly shown from the fact that they have capacity for joy and rejoicing.... We are compelled to believe that every vegetable, whether small or great, has a living intelligent spirit capable of feeling, knowing, and rejoicing in its sphere....
This is the origin of spiritual vegetables in Heaven. These spiritual vegetables are sent from Heaven to the terrestrial worlds, where, like animals, they take natural tabernacles, which become food for the sustenance of the natural tabernacles of the animal creation. Thus the spirits of both vegetables and animals are the offspring of male and female parents which have been raised from the dead, or redeemed from a fallen condition....
Pratt, The Seer, March 1853, pages 34, 38; July 1853, pages 102-103; see also Doctrine and Covenants 77:1-4.
Mormons also believe that God could only organize matter, not create or destroy it.
He could be going from the Endowment ceremony where God told Jesus and Michael to go down and ‘organize’ matter...
It is interesting you believe the Book of Mormon over your prophets concerning this, yet the LDS do NOT follow the Book of Mormon and pray to Jesus.
Why is that?
Remember: a false faith, in a false Jesus, when easrn a soul a false salvation.
Remember the devout MUSLIMs have a great faith and are assured by THEIR god to a future of wonderful things.
Vegetables have spirits ?
I'm just waiting for some morg member to claim that this is proof they are Christians !
Where would he EVER get an idea like THAT???
16Therefore, when they are out of the world they neither marry nor are given in amarriage; but are appointed angels in bheaven, which angels are ministering cservants, to minister for those who are worthy of a far more, and an exceeding, and an eternal weight of glory.
17For these angels did not abide my law; therefore, they cannot be enlarged, but remain separately and singly, without exaltation, in their saved condition, to all eternity; and from henceforth are not gods, but are aangels of God forever and ever.
18And again, verily I say unto you, if a man marry a wife, and make a covenant with her for time and for all eternity, if that acovenant is not by me or by my word, which is my law, and is not sealed by the Holy Spirit of promise, through him whom I have anointed and appointed unto this power, then it is not valid neither of force when they are out of the world, because they are not joined by me, saith the Lord, neither by my word; when they are out of the world it cannot be received there, because the angels and the gods are appointed there, by whom they cannot pass; they cannot, therefore, inherit my glory; for my house is a house of order, saith the Lord God.
19And again, verily I say unto you, if a man amarry a wife by my word, which is my law, and by the new and beverlasting covenant, and it is csealed unto them by the Holy Spirit of dpromise, by him who is anointed, unto whom I have appointed this power and the ekeys of this priesthood; and it shall be said unto themYe shall come forth in the first resurrection; and if it be after the first resurrection, in the next resurrection; and shall inherit fthrones, kingdoms, principalities, and powers, dominions, all heights and depthsthen shall it be written in the Lambs gBook of Life, that he shall commit no hmurder whereby to shed innocent iblood, and if ye abide in my covenant, and commit no murder whereby to shed innocent blood, it shall be done unto them in all things whatsoever my servant hath put upon them, in time, and through all eternity; and shall be of full force when they are out of the world; and they shall pass by the angels, and the gods, which are set there, to their jexaltation and glory in all things, as hath been sealed upon their heads, which glory shall be a fulness and a continuation of the kseeds forever and ever.
20 Then shall they be gods, because they have no end; therefore shall they be from aeverlasting to everlasting, because they continue; then shall they be above all, because all things are subject unto them. Then shall they be bgods, because they have call power, and the angels are subject unto them.
21Verily, verily, I say unto you, except ye abide my alaw ye cannot attain to this glory.
22For astrait is the gate, and narrow the bway that leadeth unto the exaltation and continuation of the clives, and few there be that find it, because ye receive me not in the world neither do ye know me.
23But if ye receive me in the world, then shall ye know me, and shall receive your exaltation; that awhere I am ye shall be also.
Sentinel speaks the truth, the LDS church lies about a lot to its members. We both found that out the hard way.
And how do you KNOW it is the Holy Spirit? Quite simply ANY unique doctrine of the LDS can be DISPROVED using the Bible in context and the Holy Spirit will not testify of things that are not Biblical.
Therefore, what the LDS think is the Holy Spirit is quite possibly a demon.
There is NOTHING NOTHING in the Bible that says we are to trust our feelings for truth or pray to know if something is true. Rather we are to be like the Bereans and study. God gave us brains and expects us to use them. Mormons use feelings not brains.
DOCTRINE AND COVENANTS
OF THE CHURCH OF JESUS CHRIST OF LATTER-DAY SAINTS
5157, Emma Smith is counseled (commanded) to be faithful and true; 5866, Laws governing the plurality of wives are set forth.
51 Verily, I say unto you: A commandment I give unto mine handmaid, Emma Smith, your wife, whom I have given unto you, that she stay herself and partake not of that which I commanded you to offer unto her; for I did it, saith the Lord, to aprove you all, as I did Abraham, and that I might require an offering at your hand, by covenant and sacrifice.
52 And let mine handmaid, Emma Smith, areceive all those that have been given unto my servant Joseph, and who are virtuous and pure before me; and those who are not pure, and have said they were pure, shall be destroyed, saith the Lord God.
53 For I am the Lord thy God, and ye shall obey my voice; and I give unto my servant Joseph that he shall be made ruler over many things; for he hath been afaithful over a few things, and from henceforth I will strengthen him.
55 But if she will not abide this commandment, then shall my servant Joseph do all things for her, even as he hath said; and I will bless him and multiply him and give unto him an ahundredfold in this world, of fathers and mothers, brothers and sisters, houses and lands, wives and children, and crowns of beternal lives in the eternal worlds.
kolob always gives me a mental picture of the talking kool-aid pitcher from the commercials
"God doesn't play dice with the universe"
The inquisition continues unabated.
Thank God we don’t allow burning at the stake. I think we still have freedom, but perhaps not
It may ‘work’ for you but it is in NO WAY biblical. It is a trick the Mormon church uses to keep people under their thumb.
The nagging uncomfortable feeling isn’t necessarily Satan, as you have been taught. It can be the Holy Ghost (the real one not the Mormon fake one) telling that all is not well in Zion.
God never tells us to trust our feelings. Joseph Smith taught that, not God. Unless you trust Smith more than God.
ATTITUDES OF SUPERIORITY
1. Im Superior; I have a special gift of the holy Ghost -- you dont!
2. Im Superior; I have Gods true priesthood power -- you dont!
3. Im Superior; I can go in Gods secret Temple -- you cant!
4. Im Superior; Ive been Endowed with special Gifts and Knowledge -- youre just normal!
5. Im Superior; Ill have my family with me in heaven -- youll be with strangers!
6. Im Superior; Im becoming a God -- you arent!
7. Im Superior; My women know their place as servants of man and yours dont.
8. Im Superior; YOUR creeds are wrong because they come from man - mine comes from God (you can find each one printed in our Scriptures).
9. Im Superior; I dont HAVE a creed - Ive got 13 Articles of Faith.
10. I'm Superior; I have 4 "Bibles"-- the standard works (5 if you count the JST) -- you've only got one: in as far as it is translated correctly.
11. Im Superior; I can lie with impunity about such things as church membership, church growth, church doctrine, church history, church influence, etc. -- You cant.
12. Im Superior; I am right (everybody knows) when I say 'evangelical' Christians are lunatics --
-- Youre a hideous narrow-minded bigot, who is persecuting me by practicing discrimination by saying I'm not a Christian.
13. I'm Superior; I have a testimony about a prophet -- you don't.
14. I'm Superior; I have a Scripture-producing Amos 3:7 prophet -- you don't
15. Im Superior; I have a Living Prophet who talks to god every day -- you have a dim-witted hireling of Satan who only talks to himself.
16. I'm Superior; I have my calling & election made sure -- you don't.
17. Im Superior; I have magic underwear to protect me from the bogey man -- you dont.
18. Im Superior; I have secret clasps and grips to give the angel so I get admitted to the celestial kingdom -- you dont ;so you cant.
19. I'm Superior; I know secret handshake codes for afterlife entrances-- you don't.
20. Im Superior; I will see Joseph Smith setting on the right hand of GOD, when I get to Mormon heaven, and he will recognize me and judge me favorably -- Youre on your own; when you get to wherever youre going!
21. Im Superior; Im going to hie to Kolob -- youre going to who knows where.
22. Im Superior; I get to have a harem and act like a celestial stud for time and all eternity -- you dont.
23. Im Superior; I have sun stones, moon stones, sky stones, cloud stones, Saturn stones, and the evil eye of Osirus guarding my temple
-- You have nothing but a stupid cross.
24. Im Superior; My church has billions in assets stashed away -- yours has taken a stupid vow of poverty.
25. I'm Superior; Last - we have the power to keep a whole race out of our priesthood if we wanted to reinsert our 148-year legacy (we ARE still keeping an entire GENDER at bay!)
26. I'm superior; I have the "higher law" -- everyone else "lives under the "lesser law' because I say so...(over and over).
Semi-Official creed of the EXclusive club of Freeper Flying Inmans.
All rights liable to be abused.
I half expected them to revive the doctrine because of Veggie Tales, the MrR reminded me that LDS inc doesn’t own Veggie Tales so it wasn’t likely.
kolob backwards is bollocks..
a good old fashion word for falsehood etc
didya think that it was one of Joey Smith’s little jokes ???
While I prefer Tolkien, even Harry Potter is better fiction than the Book of Mormon. At least Rowling can devise a plot!
50 thou plus little arrogant foot soldiers that march into a person's home a feed them lies.
2 Corinthians 11:12
And I will keep on doing what I am doing
in order to cut the ground from under those
who want an opportunity to be considered equal
with us in the things they boast about.