Skip to comments.OFFICIAL AFGHAN GOVERNMENT WEBSITE - NATO agrees to allow prosecution of Koran burners!
Posted on 02/26/2012 10:14:13 PM PST by Crazieman
Joint Statement by the Delegations Assigned to Probe Bagram Incident
Saturday, 25 February 2012 09:02
In the Name of Allah, the Most Merciful, the Most Compassionate
Following the insulting and shameful act of burning Quran in Bagram airbase that injured the religious sentiments of the Islamic world and particularly of the Afghan Muslim nation, two delegations comprising of representatives from government, the National Council of Ulemma and the National Assembly were assigned and dispatched to investigate the circumstances and causes that have led to the inhumane incident.
The delegations, while deeply touched by the religious sentiments shown by the Afghan Muslim and Mujahid nation, inform our citizens of the following:
1. In view of the particular security situation in the country, we call on all our Muslim citizens of Afghanistan to exercise self-restraint and extra vigilance in dealing with the issue and avoid resorting to protests and demonstrations that may provide ground for the enemy to take advantage of the situation.
2. After the shameful incident by the US soldiers stationed in Bagram, senior NATO and American officials expressed their deep apologies to the Muslim nation of Afghanistan and assured that such incidents will not happen again.
3. NATO officials promised to meet Afghan nations demand of bringing to justice, through an open trial, those responsible for the incident and it was agreed that the perpetrators of the crime be brought to justice as soon as possible.
4. The assigned delegations demand from the government of Afghanistan to take over from the Americans the authority of the Bagram prison so no such incidents can recur and calls on the US government to fully and comprehensively cooperate to this end.
5. The delegations also want from the Afghan government to formally praise those brave Afghan army soldiers and all others who showed feelings against the disrespectful act by preventing more religious books and Quran copies from burning, so that the pure Muslim sentiments of our honored Mujahid nation can remain alive.
If it were me, I would tell Karzai that unfortunately we don’t have any laws against burning trash.
In the name of God the true god, the Alpha and the Omega, the God of Abraham Issac and Jabob, give our leaders wisdom and use them to enforce your glory and smite this evil Allah, blight upon humanity
So they will be what? Executed by the afghanis for desecration?
This is beyond madness.
I’m beginning to wonder if we shouldn’t just go full on raving ronpaul and bring every one of our soldiers home.
That gets me angry
Let us pray this claim is accurate, for it will guarantee the end of the Obama regime.
That is idiotic,they are not under Shariah law.If what they did was wrong,then let them no longer serve in a Muslim country and the United States can ship them home.
Much more mild than my response. I'd summon him before me, burn a Koran on live Afghanistan television and then announce that for every death a mosque will be leveled. The first three have been picked and will be demolished in 15 minutes with high explosive munitions. Those in and around mosques might want to move away now, just in case their mosque was one that was randomly selected.
There's a reason why I'm usually the last one picked to play 'global leader.'
Prediction: Mass Koran burnings in US about to occur. Interner about to be doubled in size due to number video uploads. All governmental/liberal whining about ‘offense’ ignored.
In Pakistand 1,000s of Korans turn up in sewers and cesspools every year.
They have lost the Consent of the Governed. And you know what THAT means.
Time to pull out of NATO.
I don’t believe the Muslim government website’s claims. It’s propaganda in the hope of calling off the radical dogs they stirred up.
The President of Afghanistan is dead meat if he does not get things under control and we pull out. We should pull out and turn him over to the Muslim dogs he stirred up.
If that happens and the troops involved get more than a letter of reprimand for not following proper pre-established procedures, we should demand that the apologist-in-chief resign, and if he won't that the House impeach his sorry ash, and the Senate convict it, immediately. Of course the Senate wouldn't convict, but the exercise would be worthwhile nonetheless.
They better prosecute me too then, for I’d do worse to Satan’s handbook.
Here is an apology that ROCKS!
Time to make Quran toilet paper.
Consider the source
Heh! That was pretty sweet.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.