Skip to comments.Rick Santorumís camp hits Mitt Romney on Bain tenure
Posted on 03/19/2012 10:32:41 AM PDT by Cincinatus' Wife
Republican presidential candidate Rick Santorums campaign is taking aim at rival Mitt Romneys tenure at the helm of Bain Capital.....
Back in January, when Perry and Gingrich were hitting the former Massachusetts governor hard on his Bain tenure, Santorum had told CNNs Wolf Blitzer, I hate to sit here and be a defender of Mitt Romney, but to me this is federal capitalism, and I have to say that this is an attack probably not warranted.
Bain Capital, at least from the record I looked at, had a lot of success, Santorum said at the time. I mean they werent a company that has a long track of record basically destroying the companies and selling off the pieces. They had some situations where they had failures but every company does.
(Excerpt) Read more at washingtonpost.com ...
I am more positive than you. I think any one of all three could beat Obama.
I hope I am right.
I happen to hope you are right as well. Even though I think that potentially a President Romney could be worse than we have. I am ok with being wrong, it is just have not been wrong many times over the last 50 years. I don’t think I am now. Rick is at best a second tier type candidat in most years. This one is different, and it is sad.
It is possible to reject crony corporatism and still support capitalism since crony corporatism is not capitalism.
I agreed with Newt and Perry on this, and now I agree with Santorum.
Santorum is cutting it a bit close, though, since he supported Romney’s closing plants and jobs supposedly in order to revive a company.
It is not capitalism to practice destructive rebuilding merely as a means of obfuscating the value of a company so that company can be leveraged for huge borrowing never intended to be repaid.
Slogan: Mitt sucks quite a bit, but not as much as the Kenyan twit.
Obama was a second tier type, and we are playing hell ejecting him.
Keep your chin up. We will deal with what we have to. No other choice really.
I hope we could get some other choice. But I doubt that will happen. Just a passing thought.
No problem here, we agree compeletly.
Not sure I can get behind a slogan: Vote Mitt, he sucks less. And I am not for sure that is true anyway.
My chin is not down, I have a good sense of providence in these matters, I just know we have some responsibility in all this as well.
I will vote for Rick if I have to. That is about as good as I can do.
I will do the same if it is Newt. Not much else we can do.
I am always one of those people who will joke themselves out of feeling depressed. May be crazy, but it works.
Few of us get through life without making really bad mistakes, at least once and sometimes twice.
Good advice, but I have to take issue with calling a six year adulterous relationship a mistake. A mistake is when you think you are doing the right thing but aren’t. No one ever thinks that adultery is right.
ok, you win. Few of us get through life without committing serious sin, usually more than once. That better?
Romney has 100 things that he can be criticized for. I don’t think going after Bain is the right way to go. You end up playing into Obama’s “class warfare socialism”
Especially when Wall Street has had enough of Obama.
You bet. I’m afraid I’m way past the usually more than once mark.
I take it you also don’t approve of Rick’s wife shacking up with an abortion doctor for 7 years?
Of course, Rick lived the life of an altar boy when he was a lawyer for World Wrestling./sarc
I really don’t care about the Santorum’s pasts, but I wish people would lay off Newt’s past, as well. Newt’s first wife should have gone to jail for seducing her 16 year old student (Newt), who married her when he was just 18. Newt was separated from his second wife for 4 years, tried a reconciliation , which failed. That might have something to do with his wife being under investigation by the FBI for illegal arms trading.
We can’t know what it is like to walk in someone else’s shoes. That’s why God said to leave the judging up to Him.
Because 90% of us simply DON'T CARE. The other 10% vote, in every election...nearly as a bloc.
Hell, they'd probably make a purity test mandatory for employment if they could.
“Hell, they’d probably make a purity test mandatory for employment if they could.”
Have you ever:
 had a beer before noon
 had premarital sex
 watched porn
 danced to rock n roll music
But that's what happens when you secretly want to see America punished for her sins.
Course not..he' s happy with the old ones growing and metastasizing like cancer.