Skip to comments.3 blasts outside hideout of French terror suspect
Posted on 03/21/2012 4:01:17 PM PDT by wtd
TOULOUSE, France (AP) - Three explosions were heard near an apartment building in southwest France where a suspected gunman who boasted of shooting seven victims in an al-Qaida-linked terror spree is holed up.
Orange flashes lit up the night sky with each blast near the Toulouse apartment building where police have been surrounding 24-year-old suspect, Mohamed Merah, since a pre-dawn effort to arrest him went awry.
(Excerpt) Read more at ksl.com ...
Thanks for your comments/insight on this.
I find it amazing when a single man can draw the world’s attention and face 300 men while doing it. Even though this guy represents our enemy it is quite the spectacle when something like this happens.
FR always offers the the most informed commentary.
Is this taking place in one of those Muslim ghetto neighborhoods?
Toulouse appears on the list of 751 Zones urbaines sensibles (aka ZUS). Perhaps someone with familiarity of the particular neighborhood/residence blocks will be able to confirm. link
The live link you provided is currently updating with the following:
The police apparently failed in their attempt intimidate Mohammed Merah with the 3 blasts and have stepped back since it is not a hostage situation.
From my perspective, it appears the French authorities are trying to wear him out. In this respect, Merah is outnumbered. Once they get their hands on him, that first 72 hours is going to be at the French investigative forces mercy.
Not painful enough by any stretch of the imagination, but it’ll have to suffice.
...did you know Islam is a religion of peace?
I wonder if French Cops have the same love for overtime as the ones in the US? ;)
When I was at the gym Monday, one of the TV’s was tuned to CNN when they did a story about the killings at the school in France. During the entire CNN story, no mention was made that the dead children were Jewish. They were only identified as being an “ethnic minority.” CNN apparently couldn’t being themselves to admit there might be a religious motive behind the attack.
Please don’t feel silly! I LOVED the bass fishing!!!
...did you know Islam is a religion of peace?
I have heard that.....I have also heard that global warming is a fact but haven’t seen proof of either statement. ;)
"He says at the beginning of the video, playfully, "if you need a taxi." The narrator then says, "one sees Mohammed Mehri, who police suspect is the shooter..." He gives his age of 21, and then says "he makes a turn in his car."
1. He was born in France in October 1988 and is of Algerian descent.
2. He grew up in a northern suburb of Toulouse in a neighborhood described as ridden with drug-related crime.
3. As a minor, Merah was often involved in theft and robbery, and was sentenced 15 times in juvenile court. He also served two short prison terms in 2007 and 2009.
4. He used to work in an auto body shop.
5. Merah is known to have traveled to Pakistan and Afghanistan twice in 2010 and 2011. He has claimed that he trained with al Qaeda operatives in Waziristan in Pakistan, according to Paris prosecutor Francois Molins.
6. Merah came under surveillance by France's domestic intelligence agency after returning from Afghanistan and Pakistan.
7. According to Molins, Merah has communicated with the police surrounding his flat, telling them that he acted alone and that he planned to kill more solidiers Wednesday.
8. Merah's mother was asked to help police negotiate with her son, but refused, saying she no longer had any control over him.
9. Merah has exchanged gunfire with police, injuring two officers so far.
10. Police have found weapons in his car, and believe he has more stashed in his apartment as he continues to exchange gunfire.
Thanks for the link! I hope he’s beyond intimidated...
“CNN apparently couldnt being themselves to admit there might be a religious motive behind the attack.”
I’m so sick and tired of the press tiptoeing around with all of their PC crap. Can you imagine if this guy was a White American what we would be hearing>
I see what you mean... however Islamists are known Nazi sympathizers too.
It is not even worth watching them.
You will find NO conservatives in either CNN in the USA or in their overseas ops and bureaus, in either an anchoring capacity or a news writing or editing capacity. They might be in there as electricians or janitors, that is about it. It is all about upper crust, liberal Democrat, Ivy League, J-school, globalist, white-guilt-trip progressives who censor reality because reality can be so insennnnnnnnsitive and meannnnnnnnspirited to libs as we all know.
Those cops change every several hours. The murderer is all alone. For how many hours can a man stay awake and at the peak performance? In 20 more hours the police probably can walk into the apartment unopposed. There is absolutely no reason to force the issue, especially because the killer is needed alive for interrogation. (Probably they will just give him Sodium Pentothal and he will tell everything he knows.)
Thi is probably a Muslim neighborhood (No-Go Zone) where the cops are scared to death just to be there surrounded by tens of thousands of Muzzies. They don’t even want to go in with tear gas because it might set the hood off.
We should take note in the USA.
One would think so
Mohammed Merah, French shooting suspect, trades gunfire with police in standoff
a young Islamic activist accused of killing three soldiers, three Jewish schoolchildren and a rabbi during an eight-day spree of point-blank shootings in southwest France