Free Republic
Browse · Search
News/Activism
Topics · Post Article

Skip to comments.

An Innocent Boy Is Dead And The Media Played Us (updated!)
chron.com ^ | 24 March, 2012 | TexasSparkle

Posted on 03/26/2012 6:25:01 AM PDT by marktwain

An Innocent Boy Is Dead And The Media Played Us (updated!)

It’s important to mention facts about this case, not to blame Trayvon in any way, but to show how we are all being played by the media.

The media went with the meme that a white guy had shot Trayvon. That was untrue. He was Hispanic. The media kept using the term “gated community,” giving the impression that it was a white neighborhood, since the crime watch captain Zimmerman was “white,” we all assumed that. Not true. The neighborhood was only half white, the other half non-white (I am assuming black and Hispanic). It was not the lush lawns of a “gated community” like the media would have you believe, it was an apartment complex that had been victim to a bunch of robberies recently.

The witness that the police interviewed at the time of the shooting said that George Zimmerman was on the ground with Trayvon on top of him hitting him. Zimmerman did have grass stains on his back and his face his bleeding when the police get there. Now, who could blame Trayvon for attacking Zimmerman? Here was this guy following him, for all he knew, to rob and hurt him. So, it doesn’t change the story really to point out that fact, but most of the media ignored this part because it didn’t make the story juicy enough. Police played the 9-11 tape to Trayvon’s father and the father tells police that it is not his son screaming in the background. I can’t tell you how upset so many were to hear that tape and imagine it was Trayvon screaming, but it wasn’t. But heaven forbid the media correct that. Again, it just made the story juicer.

(Excerpt) Read more at blog.chron.com ...


TOPICS: Crime/Corruption; Culture/Society; News/Current Events; US: Florida
KEYWORDS: banglist; fl; georgezimmerman; trayvonmartin
Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first previous 1-5051-100101-137 next last
To: marktwain
He was Hispanic

Latest reports indicate he still is.


51 posted on 03/26/2012 7:43:54 AM PDT by Iron Munro (If Repubs paid as much attention to Rush as the Dem's do, we wouldn't be in this mess)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

To: Iron Munro

AP reported him as whilte-hispanic. the story didn’t read right without that clarification.


52 posted on 03/26/2012 7:49:35 AM PDT by Sundog (When Hollywood defines reality there is none.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 51 | View Replies]

To: marktwain
An Innocent Boy...

May not be a completely accurate assumption.

53 posted on 03/26/2012 7:57:14 AM PDT by tbpiper
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

To: Kenny Bunk

Yes anyone who doesn’t start from knowledge of that info is foolish.


54 posted on 03/26/2012 7:57:49 AM PDT by mrsmith (Dumb sluts: Lifeblood of the Media, Backbone of the Democrat Party!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 49 | View Replies]

To: AlmaKing

Why can’t people wait until all the facts are out before jumping to UNINFORMED conclusions?

Unbelievable!


55 posted on 03/26/2012 8:10:36 AM PDT by arjay (NOMOBAMA)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 3 | View Replies]

To: arjay

by not waiting, they can make up facts.

the racist radio shows now are pushing the little angel angle and just ignoring the zimmerman calling for help. Now they are saying “a mother knows it was her child” (but the father says it was not his son calling for help)

facts can not be allowed to interfere with claiming the ISSUE

you speak of solutions where not are wanted or desired.

as long as there is a racism industry there will be a job for al sharpton, jessie jackson, and barack obama.

Zimmerman may be hispanic but that is being goebled into other groups.


56 posted on 03/26/2012 8:14:29 AM PDT by longtermmemmory (VOTE! http://www.senate.gov and http://www.house.gov)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 55 | View Replies]

To: marktwain
GUILTY!....what was the question?
57 posted on 03/26/2012 8:19:21 AM PDT by broken_arrow1 (I regret that I have but one life to give for my country - Nathan Hale "Patriot")
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

To: NOVACPA
Does anyone have a source / link to Trayvon’s height and weight?

I have seen a range from 5-10 and 140 lbs to 6-3 and 200 lbs.


Wait for the autopsy report.
58 posted on 03/26/2012 8:20:36 AM PDT by Cheburashka (It's legal to be out at night in spacesuits, even carrying a rag dolly. Cops hauled us in anyway.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 27 | View Replies]

To: AlmaKing

Maybe Martin was justified, but the thing is, shouldn’t the court be the place to decide who’s guilty, and who isn’t? Mob justice is no justice at all.


59 posted on 03/26/2012 8:25:29 AM PDT by MizSterious (Now that Perry's out, I guess I'll just have to vote for "Generic Republican Candidate")
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 3 | View Replies]

To: Jim Scott

“This is why we’ll never see racial harmony in America, no matter how many people of good will try to attain it”

No, that’s -not- why we’re unlikely to see true “racial harmony” in America, or anywhere else, for that matter.

We won’t see it because it simply isn’t the natural human condition for whites and blacks to feel “harmonious” around each other. Or, whites vis-a-vis Hispanics, or Hispanics and blacks, etc., etc. “Good will” is of little use when it contradicts human nature.

People feel most comfortable and trusting when they are surrounded by others “like them”. They become UNcomfortable and distrustful when they are forced to mix with others who are not like them.

A noted sociologist named Robert Putnam spent some years studying this, and published a [belated] book about it, called “Bowling Alone”. In fact, being somewhat liberal, Putnam held off publishing the results of his research for some time, precisely because the findings he discovered (see previous paragraph) flew directly in the face of liberal assumptions. (Aside, conservatives often make these assumptions as well, because insofar as conservatism goes, we’re all -really- supposed to be equal, eh?)

But the essence of conservatism (at least to me) is to see the human condition -as it is-, and realize things to be as they are. Not like the liberals, who for decades simply refuse to acknowledge the existence of reality.

Hence, the conundrum Mr. Putnam faced — his findings contradicted his core beliefs. But somehow he was able to overcome that, and published his work anyway, facing the truth, even though it be difficult.

Isn’t the time coming for us to step up to Eric Holder’s admonition that we are “a nation of cowards”, and to finally face the difficult issues and truths regarding race squarely?


60 posted on 03/26/2012 8:27:34 AM PDT by Road Glide
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 16 | View Replies]

To: longtermmemmory

It is the Freepers that are bothering me. This site used to show some judgment and common sense! It is sad to see how it has declined.


61 posted on 03/26/2012 8:27:54 AM PDT by arjay (NOMOBAMA)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 56 | View Replies]

To: sodpoodle

It might be if there’s an ensuing beatdown. Zimmerman had a broken nose and a gash on the back of his head. That said, wouldn’t it be nice if this could be tried by the court, and not a raging mob?


62 posted on 03/26/2012 8:28:39 AM PDT by MizSterious (Now that Perry's out, I guess I'll just have to vote for "Generic Republican Candidate")
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 7 | View Replies]

To: arjay
It is the Freepers that are bothering me.

Trust me, you're not the only one noticing...

63 posted on 03/26/2012 8:30:31 AM PDT by csense
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 61 | View Replies]

To: sodpoodle; AlmaKing
Just because you are armed with a gun and following someone

Zimmerman had stopped following Martin and was walking back to his vehicle........

64 posted on 03/26/2012 8:32:01 AM PDT by Hot Tabasco (No matter what you post here, someone's going to get pissed off......)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 7 | View Replies]

To: marktwain

Just another propaganda piece.

Martin didn’t wish to be observed because his presence there was with criminal intent. If logic doesn’t tell you this, perhaps your logic tank is a bit low.

Apartment complexes everywhere have security patrols these days for good reason; the Democrat plantation has raised up six generations of blacks with a belief that society ‘owes’ them, and a chip on their shoulder.

This drama plays itself out hundreds of times per day, with either police, or private security; stop blaming the security forces, who are the true victims.


65 posted on 03/26/2012 8:34:31 AM PDT by editor-surveyor (No Federal Sales Tax - No Way!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

To: AlmaKing

“If someone other than a cop was following me, I’d probably like to jump him also. But, that’s just me.”

Obviously, Martin had no idea that Zimmerman was carrying a concealed gun. All Trayvon saw was an easy target, a fat little white guy. Only a fool would believe that Trayvon was acting out of fear and self defense.


66 posted on 03/26/2012 8:37:11 AM PDT by running_dog_lackey
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 3 | View Replies]

To: AlmaKing

Still lying and trolling I see.


67 posted on 03/26/2012 8:37:16 AM PDT by editor-surveyor (No Federal Sales Tax - No Way!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 3 | View Replies]

To: Baynative

>> “and the only thing we really know so far is that a person has been shot.” <<

.
If that’s the only thing you know, it must be the only thing you want to know.

There is adequate witness testimony and 911 tape to expose what really happened; just listen to it.


68 posted on 03/26/2012 8:40:41 AM PDT by editor-surveyor (No Federal Sales Tax - No Way!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 6 | View Replies]

To: AlmaKing
"If someone other than a cop was following me, I’d probably like to jump him also."

And you won't be guilty of unprovoked criminal assault, possibly including attempted murder. You see, Zimmerman never spoke to, taunted, or threatened Martin with bodily harm.

"But, that’s just me."

Then you'd be a thug and a menace.

"Zimmerman got what he deserved,"

Do women deserved to be attacked or raped for walking alone down a dark alley?

" and a kid got murdered."

Under unrelenting attack--a man--with no way out, defended himself as he only could at which point.

What about the very real probability that Zimmerman's gun came loose from, or was taken out from it by his attacker? What if it was a shoot or be shot situation; only available choice left?

69 posted on 03/26/2012 8:43:01 AM PDT by Miss Behave (All ways, always.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 3 | View Replies]

To: sodpoodle

Keep on being one of the Useful Idiots!

Zimmerman was a legitimate watchman doing his job, and the discharge of his weapon was a last resort after his unfruitful calls for help.
.


70 posted on 03/26/2012 8:44:09 AM PDT by editor-surveyor (No Federal Sales Tax - No Way!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 7 | View Replies]

To: Miss Behave

Correction: you WOULD be guilty of criminal assault....


71 posted on 03/26/2012 8:46:24 AM PDT by Miss Behave (All ways, always.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 69 | View Replies]

To: JudgemAll

Santorum has stumbled and vacillated his entire life.

He seeks personal power to which his character does not entitle him.
.


72 posted on 03/26/2012 8:48:52 AM PDT by editor-surveyor (No Federal Sales Tax - No Way!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 8 | View Replies]

To: Miss Behave
or was taken out from it by his attacker?

Should read "or was taken out from ITS HOLSTER by his attacker."

73 posted on 03/26/2012 8:50:33 AM PDT by Miss Behave (All ways, always.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 69 | View Replies]

To: Jim Scott

Yes, an injustice has been done: The improper accusations against Zimmerman, and the mediot inspired calls for his murder.
.


74 posted on 03/26/2012 8:51:29 AM PDT by editor-surveyor (No Federal Sales Tax - No Way!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 16 | View Replies]

To: al baby

In your case, never bring a brain into a discussion, either.
.


75 posted on 03/26/2012 8:55:50 AM PDT by editor-surveyor (No Federal Sales Tax - No Way!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 31 | View Replies]

To: editor-surveyor
"There is adequate witness testimony and 911 tape to expose what really happened;"

Of course there is. But, do you really think you've heard all of it unedited? Until there's a trial we don't know nothin'. I just heard a comment on notes from the police record that said Zimmerman has a broken nose and that the back of his shirt was wet and grass stained. A witness says he (Zimmerman) was attacked.

Is that conclusive of anything?

76 posted on 03/26/2012 8:59:16 AM PDT by Baynative (Please check this out - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFIcZkEzc8I)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 68 | View Replies]

To: USAF80

>> “You would think that a parent would at least look out and see who was screaming for help.” <<

.
Like any urban area, they are all afraid of punks like Martin, and are not about to step out.
.


77 posted on 03/26/2012 8:59:16 AM PDT by editor-surveyor (No Federal Sales Tax - No Way!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 36 | View Replies]

To: Vendome

>> “If Treyvonn had committed outright, indisputable murder” <<

.
He was trying, but was unaware that his selected victim was armed.
.


78 posted on 03/26/2012 9:02:26 AM PDT by editor-surveyor (No Federal Sales Tax - No Way!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 42 | View Replies]

To: Baynative

Thanks for self-identifying as a TROLL.

No, we do not need a trial; we need an application of common sense.
.


79 posted on 03/26/2012 9:06:47 AM PDT by editor-surveyor (No Federal Sales Tax - No Way!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 76 | View Replies]

To: ImJustAnotherOkie

That about sums it up!


80 posted on 03/26/2012 9:09:21 AM PDT by Red in Blue PA (Read SCOTUS Castle Rock vs Gonzales before dialing 911!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 11 | View Replies]

To: ImJustAnotherOkie

That about sums it up!


81 posted on 03/26/2012 9:09:39 AM PDT by Red in Blue PA (Read SCOTUS Castle Rock vs Gonzales before dialing 911!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 11 | View Replies]

To: USAF80

>>You would think that a parent would at least look out and see who was screaming for help.<<

Exactly.
We had it happen in my old neighborhood in Cleveland. A girl was being bullied by a gang of kids. She came to my door banging and yelling, “Aunt Sue, let me in!”

I’m not Sue, but I let her in. The kids dispersed and she called her parents who came and got her. Smart girl.


82 posted on 03/26/2012 9:09:51 AM PDT by netmilsmom (I am Breitbart)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 36 | View Replies]

To: marktwain

It’s all about fitting the narratives required for an Obama re-election.


83 posted on 03/26/2012 9:14:06 AM PDT by surfer (To err is human, to really foul things up takes a Democrat, don't expect the GOP to have the answer!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

To: Tahoe3002
"...your OPINION on the “possibility” of a murder being committed. However, that was NOT the evaluation of the on scene police officers."

Actually, the first police report DID state Negligent homocide, didn't it?

BTW, I also hear Martin being blamed for wearing a hoodie, and the next post claims that Zimmerman's back was wet... Was it raining?

84 posted on 03/26/2012 9:14:30 AM PDT by eccentric (a.k.a. baldwidow)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 14 | View Replies]

To: joe fonebone

ping


85 posted on 03/26/2012 9:16:02 AM PDT by TNoldman (AN AMERICAN FOR A MUSLIM/BHO FREE AMERICA.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 9 | View Replies]

To: ImJustAnotherOkie

They do when they are threatened


86 posted on 03/26/2012 9:18:57 AM PDT by eccentric (a.k.a. baldwidow)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 11 | View Replies]

To: MHGinTN

I’m really tired of people like you resorting to angry insults. Could we have a simple civil discussion?


87 posted on 03/26/2012 9:23:07 AM PDT by eccentric (a.k.a. baldwidow)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 20 | View Replies]

To: AlmaKing

“If someone other than a cop was following me, I’d probably like to jump him also. But, that’s just me. Zimmerman got what he deserved...”

In that case, if you actually DO what you say, you will go to jail for assault. Unless, of course, the person you attack fears for his life because you’re pounding his head against concrete, and he pulls a gun and shoots Big Tough AlmaKing...


88 posted on 03/26/2012 9:24:29 AM PDT by Mr Rogers ("they found themselves made strangers in their own country")
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 3 | View Replies]

To: eccentric; Tahoe3002

>> “Actually, the first police report DID state Negligent homocide, didn’t it?” <<

.
That was not a charge nor accusation; it was a “presumption” to justify transporting Zimmerman under arrest. Had it actually been charged, he would still be under arrest, or out on bail.

Had there been even the slightest justification, Zimmerman would have been incarcerated.


89 posted on 03/26/2012 9:24:49 AM PDT by editor-surveyor (No Federal Sales Tax - No Way!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 84 | View Replies]

To: al baby
I agree with a poster on the blog: "Regardless, if you are armed, and you actively put yourself IN a confrontation where you are likely to be attacked on a public street, and someone ends up dead because of it, then you forfeit any right to a ‘stand your ground’ defense and claim immunity from prosecution."
90 posted on 03/26/2012 9:27:06 AM PDT by eccentric (a.k.a. baldwidow)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 31 | View Replies]

To: eccentric; MHGinTN

>> “I’m really tired of people like you resorting to angry insults.” <<

.
Its trolls like you that insult our intelligence.

If you want a simple civil discussion, don’t make thinly veiled accusations in your leftie posts.


91 posted on 03/26/2012 9:28:19 AM PDT by editor-surveyor (No Federal Sales Tax - No Way!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 87 | View Replies]

To: Road Glide

>>We won’t see it because it simply isn’t the natural human condition for whites and blacks to feel “harmonious” around each other. Or, whites vis-a-vis Hispanics, or Hispanics and blacks, etc., etc. “Good will” is of little use when it contradicts human nature.<<

Um, in our family there are whites, blacks and Koreans.
We feel pretty harmonious. Speak for yourself.


92 posted on 03/26/2012 9:32:47 AM PDT by netmilsmom (I am Breitbart)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 60 | View Replies]

To: eccentric

Challenged is different from threatened. He FELT threatened he WAS challenged.


93 posted on 03/26/2012 9:35:28 AM PDT by ImJustAnotherOkie (zerogottago)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 86 | View Replies]

To: editor-surveyor

more name calling. Inoticed your reference to the Bible on your page. I’ll be praying for you.


94 posted on 03/26/2012 9:44:55 AM PDT by eccentric (a.k.a. baldwidow)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 91 | View Replies]

To: editor-surveyor

more name calling. I noticed your reference to the Bible on your page. I’ll be praying for you.


95 posted on 03/26/2012 9:45:21 AM PDT by eccentric (a.k.a. baldwidow)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 91 | View Replies]

To: editor-surveyor
"No, we do not need a trial;"

Sorry to disappoint you, but that's the way the justice system works in most states. There will be a grand jury investigation due to the death.

96 posted on 03/26/2012 9:56:18 AM PDT by Baynative (Please check this out - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFIcZkEzc8I)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 79 | View Replies]

To: marktwain

> An Innocent Boy

No need to read any further than that.


97 posted on 03/26/2012 9:57:36 AM PDT by Westbrook (Children do not divide your love, they multiply it.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

To: Baynative

Grand jury hearings are usually about 20% of such cases, and only when the prosecutor sees a need to back-up their case.

In this case a grand jury would not likely be used because there doesn’t appear to have been a crime committed.


98 posted on 03/26/2012 10:02:48 AM PDT by editor-surveyor (No Federal Sales Tax - No Way!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 96 | View Replies]

To: eccentric

Troll is your occupation, not your name.


99 posted on 03/26/2012 10:04:53 AM PDT by editor-surveyor (No Federal Sales Tax - No Way!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 95 | View Replies]

To: eccentric
I'm not angry, I was responding to deceit you apprently are unable to discern. And I view the entire incident as a monumental tragedy, so it saddens me, it doesn't anger me.

Did you think you would squelch me by floating such a strawman accusation?

And one last point to ponder: I am VERY ANGRY at the exploitation of black people by the race-baiting democrats and their media whoredom who don't give a damn about Tryevon's death but use it as an excuse to gin up further racial divide to help the bastard in the White House finish his destruction of America. Now, if you want to discuss that anger, I'm always ready to illustrate the vagaries of the hate-filled racist running this nation presently.

100 posted on 03/26/2012 10:08:31 AM PDT by MHGinTN (Being deceived can be cured.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 87 | View Replies]


Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first previous 1-5051-100101-137 next last

Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.

Free Republic
Browse · Search
News/Activism
Topics · Post Article

FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson