Skip to comments.Europe’s Real Crisis (low birth rates)
Posted on 03/26/2012 7:53:47 AM PDT by reaganaut1
ALL OF US can breathe easy now: policy makers and analysts finally agree on how to fix Europes problems.
Europe Debt Crisis Plan Hinges on Economic Growth, declared the Los Angeles Times in October, after finance ministers announced what felt like the hundredth plan to seriously, no-foolin-this-time, really rescue the European Unions illiquid and insolvent states.
Countries have to undergo significant structural reforms that would revamp growth, said Mario Draghi, the head of the European Central Bank, in a December interview with the Financial Times.
Austerity is not enough, even for budgetary discipline, if economic activity does not pick up a decent rate of growth, Italian Prime Minister Mario Monti told The Economist in January.
Their words have been echoed in a thousand or more op-eds, policy briefs, and TV spots, for good reason. Growth could fix so many dire fiscal and political problemsnot just in Europe, but all over the developed world.
If only economic growth could be delivered on demand, like a pizza, just minutes after we realize we want it. Unfortunately, growth (or at least the sustainable variety) is typically a long time in the baking, and dependent on two main ingredients: more workers and higher worker productivity. And much of Europe is short on the former. That has big implications for Europes future.
Consider Italy. It is no exaggeration to say that the fate of Italy is the fate of the euro zone: if Italy can keep its debt under control and its banking system solvent, the euro zone will probably make it; if Italy defaults, the resulting panic will probably force Portugal, Ireland, Greece, and Spain to follow suit.
(Excerpt) Read more at theatlantic.com ...
Solution is simple. Just import more African Muslims.
only among white Christians... Muzzy’s are breeding like the rats they are....
You are not the first person to have come up with this.
Wouldn't it be a great way to buttress Social Security by increasing the workforce?
Its only taken 5 years for the main-stream media to start catching on to this after that “conservative nutjob” Mark Steyn published the same in “America Alone.”
The most popular name for newborns in the UK is...
MOHAMMED! And the rest of Europe is following right behind them!
Time to nuke the island from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure.
Third world Muzzies and others are just doing the job liberated, Euro-peon women are too busy to do!
“Third world Muzzies and others are just doing the job liberated, Euro-peon women are too busy to do!”
Y’all take a moment to do a kindness for a pregnant woman when you see her. She supposed to get pg, look fabulous, work, and handle the pregnancy and whatever other kids she has with no complaint.
If she decides to take care of the kids at home instead of career it, she gets derisive comments and treatment from about half the population.
Pregnancy often hurts and makes you feel sick and very worn out. So treasure the pregnant. Currently, the world is rewarding the slender, wealthy, career girl.
There is only one example of a modern nation reversing low birthrates, and that is the post-WWII baby boom. The recipe could be duplicated, in the modern world, but it is highly unlikely it will be. What is required:
1) New, clean suburbs, spaced away from existing populated areas, with abundant and not terribly expensive or elaborate housing, *excluding* those who are “non-breeders”, a vital part of the program.
2) 9-5 employment for men only, with wives inclined to be housewives, not employed elsewhere. Boredom is essential for both roles, so there must be limited adult entertainments allowed. Everything is family oriented.
3) Employment is geared to administrative, with promotion subtly accelerated based on number of children. Once couples are no longer breeding or raising children, they are transferred out of the area so others make take their place.
4) OB/GYN and childcare are easy and inexpensive. Abortion and birth control are not. Schools are plentiful as are churches, with religious leaders encouraged to emphasize the “fruitful and multiply” part.
5) Schools emphasize patriotism, (independent) scouting and recreational organizations, and chaperoned, cross-gender socialization. Likewise skills such as home economics, wood and metal shop, mechanics, electrical and electronic, plumbing, and agriculture are available.
A system set up like this should result in a much higher birthrate, as long as the government and cultural forces are kept out of the equation, as both of these, no matter how well intentioned, are far more likely to lower birthrates instead of raise them.
We would benefit by - Babies Here, Babies Now. But this is not acceptable because their education would increase taxes and the people having babies would not be paying enough income taxes. Also the parents would not save enough to send them to college so they just add to the unemployed. God help us.