Alternate answer: Buy lots of medical supplies for self treatment and body bags.
How about a post-obama world?
Fossil fuel is solar energy from centuries ago. God put it there for us to harvest.
They are also getting grounded planes due to cracks in the wings and engine failures. Many airlines are re-considering their Airbus orders.
No slight to you. This is a rant against our “green” overlords.
1) Petroleum products are NOT “fossil” fuels. Petroleum is produced naturally in the crust of the Earth from three compounds subjected to high pressure. They are calcium carbonate (chalk), ferrous oxide (rust), and water.
2) Petroleum IS a “renewable” resource.
3) Petroleum is a GREAT mechanism for storing energy - as opposed to solar and wind.
4) Petroleum behaves well at room temperature. It can be handled by your average Joe.
5) When burned, petroleum produces carbon dioxide and water. In other words, moist plant food. The more carbon dioxide you produce, the more vegetation you get.
6) Carbon dioxide is NOT a polutant. It is a gas essential to all living entities on the planet.
7) Carbon dioxide does NOT contribute to “globull warming.” Water vapor is the primary greenhouse gas by several orders of magnitude.
8) At current and projected consumption rates, with just know supplies, we have enough petroleum to last us for more than 100 years. And that does not include the fact that the crust of the Earth keeps making more of it.
“Oil companies have to reach beyond the barrel”.., oh wait a minute, that was part of a BP commercial before the Great Obama oil gusher in the Gulf....
While there is still some latitude in terms of making existing technology more efficient, there shall not be, in the foreseeable future, any adequate replacement for the so-called “fossil fuels”. We shall still be using petroleum-based fuels, various sources of methane, and yes, even coal a century from now, and even longer, as all these, in combination with the abundant quantity of oxygen in our atmosphere, are a very energy-intensive medium for releasing useful work.
And where does the oxygen come from? In the primordial atmosphere of the young, hot and newly formed earth, there was NO free oxygen. None. Nada. Zero.
Oxygen does not exist in elemental form, EXCEPT when the effects of sunlight falling on a most complex biological substance called “chlorophyll”, found in green growing plants, converts water and carbon dioxide into some form of carbohydrate and - oxygen. In the absence of green growing plants, oxygen gets depleted in the atmosphere.
But plants cannot grow, except with the presence of carbon dioxide. Literally. And what is the one product of combusion that the EPA wants to regulate? Carbon dioxide. Not a poison, not a pollutant, it is a vital part of the life cycle. The REAL poison, astonishingly, is the highly reactive element, oxygen, which kills off any life form that is not adapted to absorbing the oxygen for energy release. This kind of life form is mostly classified as “anaroebic”, and cannot live in the presence of even minute quantities of oxygen.
Carbon dioxide is plant food. It is our DUTY to create as much of this compound as we are able, and in doing so, convert the energy released to useful work.
What is laughable is that the whole global warming “Solution” was for the average American to lower their standard of living by using less energy, in order to control carbon output.
Then a funny thing happened. China and India boomed. They have little oil, but lots of coal. So they mine and burn coal more than we ever did (or soon will do so).
Then the global warming liars said: “Oh, never mind”. Lies and guilt don’t translate well in Asia.
Will we still have 3 in 1 oil, or will we have to use range chicken fat soap for a lubricant?
What about WD40?
What would replace the adhesive on a bandaid?
somebody translated this article from German into Fantasy...