Skip to comments.current tv Olbermann SABOTAGED Us
Posted on 04/05/2012 5:37:01 PM PDT by RummyChick
Keith Olbermann is a liar, a bully ... and worst of all -- he's just plain MEAN ... this according to Current TV.
The network has fired back at the "Countdown" host ... claiming his $70 million lawsuit is "false and malicious."
Current also says Olbermann was a crappy employee ... and got the chop due to "serial, material breaches of his contract, including the failure to show up at work, sabotaging the network and attacking Current and its executives."
A rep for the network added, "As the old adage says: 'When the law is on your side, you argue the law. When the facts are on your side, you argue the facts. When neither the law nor the facts are on your side, you pound the table.'"
He continues, "We will be happy to engage on the law and the facts in the appropriate forum. It is well established that over his professional career Mr. Olbermann has specialized in pounding the table."
The network concludes with one final shot ... "We hope Mr. Olbermann understands that when it comes to the legal process, he is actually required to show up."
Wow this really is dueling purses at 20 paces.
WOW, I could have told Current TV this 4 years AGO!!!!!
For years, I’ve wondered who has to pick up those papers he throws at the camera after his “Worst Person In The World” crap. Probably an intern. And he probably stands on her hands as he leaves the set.
What a pompous and arrogant ass. One good thing about his being fired (altho there are many things to be glad about) is that I won’t accidentally stumble into his “Worst Person In The World” stuff. His arrogance and Better-Than-You attitude would make him a cinch to be on Obozo’s cabinet or even a Czar.
I would love to see someone put a big creamy pie right into his puss.
Olbermann also cites the following breaches of his contract:
1. Broadcasting advertisements containing Olbermanns likeness without his consent.
* Ok they should have NOT advertised his show at all then he would have had one less person watching him....
2. Using guest hosts for Olbermanns program without obtaining Olbermanns approval
* He should have been sick so often...
3. Refusing to allow Olbermann to exercise his contractually granted editorial control over special election coverage.
* My god what a diva blowhard, Liberals will call Glenn Beck a diva, but at least Glenn Beck started his own damn network and didnt need to hang on to the coattails of Al Bore.
4. Disclosing the confidential terms of his contract
* Maybe a valid point, but should be #1 in the list.
5. Linking Olbermanns name and goodwill with corporate endorsements without his consent.
* I guess the dumbass didnt want to get paid... or doesn;t understand HOW TV personalities get paid. i Guess his BS in Communications Majored on the B.S. part.
6. Ignoring Olbermanns consultation rights.
* Diva (do i need to go into this)
7. Disparaging Olbermann publically.
* Really? Current TV bent over backwards for him after he was booted off of MSNBC.
8. Refusing to invest resources and hire appropriate personnel in order to professionally and competently produce the program.
* You mean like drivers who dont talk to him. They also must have left a Red M&M in with his bowl of green M&Ms in his dressing room. Lemme guess, they also couldnt get a 12 year old blonde virgin girl to walk in front of him throwing out rose petals on short notice....
In the end, even lying scumbags like Al Gore’s Current have to admit the obvious truth about Olbermann.
Love the last line.
Most of us could have told the genius former VP all of this before Current hired Oberman, hll we could have told them before MSNBC fired the jerk.
Don’t you just love it when liberals eat their own?
“Hellooo Mr. Frog!” called the scorpion across the water, “Would you be so kind as to give me a ride on your back across the river?”
“Well now, Mr. Scorpion! How do I know that if I try to help you, you wont try to kill me?” asked the frog hesitantly.
“Because,” the scorpion replied, “If I try to kill you, then I would die too, for you see I cannot swim!”
Now this seemed to make sense to the frog. But he asked. “What about when I get close to the bank? You could still try to kill me and get back to the shore!”
“This is true,” agreed the scorpion, “But then I wouldn’t be able to get to the other side of the river!”
“Alright then...how do I know you wont just wait till we get to the other side and THEN kill me?” said the frog.
“Ahh...,” crooned the scorpion, “Because you see, once you’ve taken me to the other side of this river, I will be so grateful for your help, that it would hardly be fair to reward you with death, now would it?!”
Halfway across the river, the frog suddenly felt a sharp sting in his back and, out of the corner of his eye, saw the scorpion remove his stinger from the frog’s back. A deadening numbness began to creep into his limbs.
“You fool!” croaked the frog, “Now we shall both die! Why on earth did you do that?”
The scorpion shrugged, and did a little jig on the drownings frog’s back.
“I could not help myself. It is my nature.”
Then they both sank into the muddy waters of the swiftly flowing river.
Not Olbermann, why he’s just a liberal pussytat.
His market value fell off the table; his snarky sarcasm is out of fashion for serious broadcasters in a competitive market.
With much diminished market value, the damages in any suit are not very much.
Cat fight, great
Wonder who’s wig comes off first
They sabotaged themselves. When you hire what you know to be a ticking time bomb, you lose all right to complain when it goes off.
I’m reminded of the frog and the scorpion.
Monkeyshine’s pop psychoanalysis: He took the gig because it was the only place that would hire him. He immediately resented his employer for that very reason, and his subconscious, growing with self-loathing resulting from his career suicide, worked on a plan to sabotage even that little bit of credibility among his peers that he was able to salvage.
He can’t go back to sports. He may find a local radio spot somewhere, perhaps even a major market. I wont miss him. Don’t mind listening to counterpoint but he exemplifies the vitriol that so many on the left claim to repudiate.
When schmucks collide!
I am loving this!
Maybe Olbermann can get a job doing those credit card commercials with fellow looney Alec Baldwin.