Skip to comments.Influential tea party group not ready to coalesce behind Romney
Posted on 04/15/2012 2:10:09 PM PDT by SoConPubbie
The tea party-aligned organization FreedomWorks is not ready to coalesce behind Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney yet, an official told The Daily Caller.
In fact, theyre still holding out hope that another Republican can still swoop in and beat him.
We never got our natural candidate, spokesman Adam Brandon told TheDC on Wednesday. Were focusing on the Senate, but watching the [Republican presidential] race to see if it heads to a brokered convention, and it looks like it might, to see if we can get someone else in.
Brandon made the comments when asked to respond to a story published Wednesday by the Washington Times suggesting the grassroots organization whose chairman is former Republican leader Dick Armey has changed course by dropping its opposition to Romneys campaign.
The paper reported that the group is moving away from its anyone but Romney mentality as he cements his status as the likely Republican nominee and appears more and more inevitable every week.
We are dedicated to defeating Obama and electing a conservative Senate that will help Romney repeal Obamacare and address the nations economic and spending challenges, FreedomWorks official Russ Walker told the newspaper, acknowledging that the math favors Romney being the nominee.
The newspapers headline read, Finally, Romney gets tea party support. But Brandon called that description misleading.
|And the Un-Masking of Mitt Romney, the left-wing, Progressive Liberal, continues . . .|
|"If we must have an enemy at the head of Government, let it be one whom we can oppose, and for whom we are not responsible, who will not involve our party in the disgrace of his foolish and bad measures." - Alexander Hamilton|
Eventually we ALL will have to decide whether to let this marxist punk continue to destroy our country or do we ONCE again hold our nose and vote for poop?
And believe me, Romney is POOP.
He is however better than the marxist punk.
What is their solution then, storm off, throw a hissy fit, take their marbles and go home and let Hussein win by default??? The likelihood of another GOP candidate swooping in at the last minute and being the reincarnation of Reagan is the same as me hitting the powerball. It ain't happening. Support Mittens even though you don't want to and work like hell on your local congressional and state races to elect the most conservative out there. IMHO Mitt will do the right thing if he has a congress to back him and if we hold his feet to the fire.
I know it isn't much but four years of Hussein unchained by another election is NOT an option.
OK let the flaming begin
We’ll fall in line behind him. Carrying torches and pitchforks!
Forget the Presidency. EIther way, we lose. Focus on getting libertarian/conservatives on the down ticket races to keep Romney in check.
I know it isn't much but four years of Hussein unchained by another election is NOT an option."
LOL! You might want to re-read rawcat’s post. I’m guessing the pitchforks and torches reference wasn’t intended kindly.
Flop horse is gonna flop, like a flop horse do.
He'll probably still win, and we'll still lose.
Mitt = Albinobama
So what are they going to do, vote for that vile filth in the White House??
No! Get it through your F@#$ing head. No!
Support Newt. And if that fails. Support some 3rd party Conservative.
“Eventually we ALL will have to decide whether to let this marxist punk continue to destroy our country or do we ONCE again hold our nose and vote for poop?”
Which Marxist punk are you talking about? Obama or Romney? Only difference I see between the two is one is slightly darker than the other. Other than that they’re nearly identical in their politics, so much so that it’s scary.
He needs us but we don’t need him.
There is only one way the onerous Romney will ever be acceptable to conservatives. And by this I do not mean organizations, but individuals.
And that is to demand that he sign on the dotted line to a select group of demands to the Tea Party and the Republican leadership.
This is a reality-based agreement. With full understanding that Romney is not a conservative, and never will be a conservative. But still might get conservative support.
I figure that even if he is generally a liberal Republican, if we just focus on five things, we will at least break even.
My thoughts on what this wish list should be, though I’m sure others have other priorities. We can’t really ask that he *do* things we want, just that he *block* things we think are ruinous to our country.
1) The Supreme Court will hopefully kill Obamacare. But Obamacare has already crippled Medicare and Medicaid. So the first agreement is that Romney “soft lands” the national medical system, and does not try to create his own perverse “national Romneycare” to replace it.
Many in congress will support us in this, and will block any effort to create Romneycare anyway, so this is not too hard for him to agree to.
2) Obama has tried his level best to gut the Pentagon, while undermining the economy so much that it will be difficult to rebuild the Pentagon, or the economy. The only way to deal with this is to slash the rest of the government, that is inhibiting the economy. Not just reduce the rate of growth of government, but eliminating large parts of it. This must be a Republican goal, or we are headed to a national collapse, not just a disaster.
3) The fastest way to rebuild the economy is “all ahead full” with *conventional* energy production. Though Romney is a firm believer of the myth of MMGW, the US cannot now afford to pretend this nonsense any longer. If it causes global warming in 10,000 years, so be it.
4) Complete the border fence with Mexico with no further delay. Once this is done, he may slack off on illegal aliens for the rest of his term, as long as enforcement returns to pre-Obama levels. No amnesty.
5) Drop all federal lawsuits against the individual states asserting their state authority. Congress should not bother to investigate Holder and company, as long as they are gone for good, as long as his abuse of the Just Us Department has been reversed.
No true teaparty member will vote for romney period.I wont vote for liberals of either party.
I dont think so.The elite are behind both of them which speels disaster for all of us.Be ready to fill your hands.
I can’t see romney being a race hustler like obamma, I don’t see romney using the justice dept to try to subvert the 2nd, and yes romney is pathetic and NOT a conservative and there is NO difference between the two parties as they want the status quo to remain as all those in D.C. are making way too much money.
Doing that guarantees (at least) 4 more years of Baraq Husein 0bama (MMM MMM MMMM). Don't forget what he said he'd do once he's past "his last election."
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.