Skip to comments.Obama: ‘I wasn’t born with a silver spoon in my mouth’
Posted on 04/18/2012 12:49:34 PM PDT by Free ThinkerNY
President Barack Obama took a hard-to-miss shot at presumptive Republican nominee Mitt Romney on Wednesday, declaring "I wasn't born with a silver spoon in my mouth" as he defended his economic policies in Ohio.
Obama didn't name Romney. He didn't need to. The president and his campaign have worked to make the former Massachusetts governor and millionaire investor's personal finances an issue in the election even as they hammer his economic proposals as giveaways to the rich financed by cutting services to everyone elselike financial aid for college students.
"Somebody gave me an education. I wasn't born with a silver spoon in my mouth. Michelle wasn't. But somebody gave us a chance," Obama said in a speech at Lorain County Community College in Elyria, Ohio. "Right now we have two competing visions of our future, and the choice could not be clearer," said the president. "Should we settle for an economy where a few people do really well and then a growing number are struggling to get by?"
(Excerpt) Read more at news.yahoo.com ...
“I wasn’t born with a silver spoon in my mouth”
He didn’t need one. He knew how to work the system to get through college with aid for foreign students.
Besides, everyone knows you don’t eat dog with a spoon!
But i bet he WAS the reason McDonalds had to change those old coffee stir sticks,, the ones that used to have a miniature coke spoon on the tip.
...about the same.
Going for the 1992 George H.W. Bush is out of touch template. Romney is self-made, so this isn’t going to fly with non-democrat base voters.
"Actually," he went on to say, "it was a coke spoon up my nose."
There is no end to this chap’s narcissism.
It’s always about Mr. Obama. Always.
1. Genetic dad was an America-hating radical sent to Harvard on someone else’s dime, later became a Senior Economist in Kenya
2. In Indonesia his family had THREE servants
3. Indo daddy’s job was actually a cushy sinecure —Indonesia stipulates that foreign oil firms must hire all kinds of Indonesian folks, and as long as they have connections with the Suharto Regime, you don’t need any real skills. Indo Daddy had the MAJOR hook-up and his daily duties were simply to GOLF and to go to dinner with influential oil company folks
4. WHO paid for Obama’s education?
“Somebody gave me an education.”
Well, let’s see your records and who it was paid by for you, Obama.
I had to work for mine and pay it all by myself.
“Somebody gave me an education...”
People I know have a good idea who paid for their education.
Neither was I and what diferene does it make? Whining again!!
Sponsoring FReepers are contributing
$10 Each time a New Monthly Donor signs up!
Get more bang for your FR buck!
Click Here To Sign Up Now!
In the US, there are educational opportunities for those who are not born rich.
I’m not surprised. I wouldn’t think there would be many silver spoons in Kenya ...
Yep and resentful about it
What a petulant man
The key to his tick is daddy.....as in why wasn’t I good enough for you to hang around Pa?
One hates America with every fiber of his body and one doesn’t.
Pray for America
his silver spoon is the race card he plays 24/7....
It doesn’t matter what the spoon was made of but what was ‘ON’ the spoon that you ate! EVIL!!
And it did ‘it’s’ work in you.
Whoops! I forgot:
4. His mom CHOSE to work in Indonesia, in fact that was part of the reason his Indo Daddy wearied of his mom —she was SUPPOSED to often go out to dinner with him, but she refused to.
5. The sad stories of his sick mom bravely battling her insurance company are totally false.
WE DO NOT KNOW OBAMA.