Skip to comments.AP Newsbreak: AZ sheriff played probe for laughs
Posted on 04/22/2012 11:44:11 AM PDT by mdittmar
PHOENIX An audio recording has surfaced of an Arizona sheriff playing his refusal to cooperate in a racial profiling investigation for laughs at a fundraiser for an anti-illegal immigration group in Texas.
Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio displayed contempt toward federal authorities who at the time were and are still investigating him on two fronts.
(Excerpt) Read more at cbsnews.com ...
As Breitbart would say... “So?”
Good on him! The feds persecution of Joe IS a joke.
I see nothing wrong with displaying contempt for contemptible government.
You beat me to it. Ditto.
Laughing at the Fed’s now a federal crime for the right?
Apparently so. Getting scary what with Ted Nugent getting a visit for an innocuous non-threatening statement and a pastor who said Obama was taking the road of Hitler getting slapped with an IRS notice.
I would not put it past the current regime to go after an opponent that laughs for them on a contempt charge.
I share his contempt
This is just Joe. The last time I saw him, he was talking about lawsuits. He jokingly asked the deputy with him how many lawsuits he had currently pending against him. I think it was 741 or 742. LOL!
It was a matter of time before the media harpies took aim at Sheriff Joe.
Contempt for the contemptible? How...appropriate.
Unlike Libs, who express contempt for anything & everything American.
Maybe one of these great investigative reporters could use some of their skills on Fast & Furious or the fake Obama Birth Certificate....
I'm an optimist.
The Feds just hate it when people do not knuckle under and play their silly PC games....
Should they ever have orders to attempt it, on whatever trumped-up charge, I’d hate to be the federal agent (or SWAT team) who came to arrest Sheriff Joe.
Would that be enough of a “spark” to set off the powder keg?
Hello, that IS Sheriff Arpio. That’s how he gets elected.
Who can blame him? They're a joke and their investigation is a political hatchet job.
Should they ever have orders to attempt it, on whatever trumped-up charge, Id hate to be the federal agent (or SWAT team) who came to arrest Sheriff Joe.
If Joe calls up the Reserves, I’ll be there asap.
The Mamelukes are in charge now and payback and retribution is their game.
Sheriff Joe, like most folks in Arizona really ARE in contempt of the federal government.
Anyone who does not have contempt for “federal authority” when it comes to domestic matters has no Constitutional spine.
After learning about the history of the present “Federal government of theses united states in my heart I honestly can’t help but feel anything but contempt for Washington.
An organization that at best ruled by the lawless passion of the mob while at worse is directed by a series of political oligarchs retaining power by simply paying off their supporters with money stolen from an ever shrinking minority of producers. Is no more deserving of reverence than it has the consent of the governed.
What tyrant has admiration for Washington D.C? What man has it within himself to admire such self-serving and lawless corruption?
I am sorry mister federal magistrate but I do in my heart feel contempt for your organization. I don’t think it is in the nature of my soul to feel otherwise about a government so devoid of the consent of the governed.
1. For instance, I am tired of hearing from judges and federal officials over and over that immigration is solely a federal job, while, at the same time, illegal immigrants are pouring across our borders in record numbers from all over the world non-stop.
2. For instance, states should have the power to screen persons as to their legal status when it comes to housing, jobs, elementary and high school education, welfare benefits, and voting rights.
3. If we don't do something soon, we will soon PASS THE POINT OF NO RETURN when these illegal immigrants will have so many in number and gain so much power that they will be able to pass laws that will make the borders wide open for anyone who wants to come here.
4. Again, I am so tired of hearing judges, Senators, Representatives, federal judges, and President Obama say that fighting illegal immigration is a federal government only duty, while, in the meantime, states like Arizona, Texas, and California turn more and more into illegal immigration dominated states.
5. NOTE: I have a relative in a Southern state who said this to me when I asked the relative why their small construction company hires Mexicans:
6. The relative said that they do so because the Mexicans show up every day while they never know when white workers are going to show up, especially if the weather is bad like it is raining.
7. When I asked the relative why not hire black laborers---living in a Southern state, there is a large pool of black workers---the relative mumbled something and did not answer the question.
I leave it up to you to figure out what the relative thinks of the work habits of black workers where he lives, if the relative is so critical of white laborers.
8. I'm sorry, but the POINT OF NO RETURN is rapidly approaching when illegal immigrants and their supporters will soon use their power to open our borders to anyone.
9. And it is not just a problem in traditional illegal immigrant states like Arizona, because as many of us know, the problem is now in non-traditional illegal immigration states like Southern states North Carolina and Georgia.
10. Sen. Rubio of Florida: What is this about his Dream Act? Has he lost his mind?
11. Such a Dream Act would send everyone across the world who is dreaming of coming to the United States this message: "If you can sneak across the border and survive for at least 5 years without breaking any major laws, your children will be granted amnesty and entitled to an American education."
So, if you can sneak across the border and not be caught, why not try it, because if the Rubio Dream Act passes, an illegal immigrant sneaking across the border will have nothing to lose and everything to gain.
And once an illegal immigrant is legally entitled to an education all the way up to college, it would be a sad thing to send him back to his country of origin, according to the Rubio Dream Act argument, so the best thing to do would be to let him stay in the United States and let him work his way to citizenship.
And once he becomes a citizen, he can then petition the court to bring all his relatives to this country.
And the vicious circle continues over and over.
12. Rubio seems like a good leader, but if in his distorted reasoning, he believes that this Dream Act is good for America, he is completely wrong.
13. So it is time to put pressure on Sen. Rubio to drop this Dream Act, because it is wrong for the United States.
14.ARIZONA SHERIFF: He and other law enforcement officials across the country should have the power to help control illegal immigration at the state level, because it is becoming obvious more more with each passing day that the problem is too big for the federal government to handle.
15. Do we need a Constitutional amendment to give more fighting power to states like Arizona who are being overwhelmed and suffocating with illegal immigration problems, or can Congress pass laws to give more power to the states before it will be too late to do anything about it, because illegal immigrants and their supporter will have too much power so that they will be able to stop any plans to control illegal immigration in the future?
16. For instance, if the police spot a van or truck with a lot of people in it, and the police suspect something is not right, they should be able to stop the vehicle and find out what is going on and check identification papers.
17. ANCHOR BABIES: Something has got to be done about these so-called anchor babies.
18. I recently read a story where a foreign national had a baby on a plane that was coming to the United States.
19. Obviously, the woman was waiting to the last minute to travel to the United States so that she could have her baby in the United States, because how many women would dare travel out of their country in the last few months of pregnancy unless their dream was to have their children born in the land of gold, the United States of America, where their children automatically become United States citizens at birth.
20. I can't blame the woman for trying to find a better life for her and her family, but this illegal immigration is out of control, and so we must try to do something to to try stop it before it is too late.
21. One of things we can do is take away some of the federal government's power over immigration.
22. We can then give the power back to the states so that people like the ARIZONA SHERIFF---who see the problem every day---can help control illegal immigration at the state level.