Hope for the best, prepare for the worst.
posted on 04/23/2012 1:56:32 PM PDT
(In 2012 you will awaken from your HOPEnosis and have no recollection of this... "Constitution")
To: JerseyanExile; Kartographer
Blinded by the light, ping.
posted on 04/23/2012 2:12:39 PM PDT
("If History teaches us anything it's that history rarely teaches us anything")
It is just imprudent to have this vulnerability.
And speaking of infrastructure that is vulnerable, solar cells are going to be rendered inoperative with any EMP (man-made or natural) that induces more than a few hundred volts and there is no way to prevent it due to their very architecture.
“Everything in our modern society depends, directly or indirectly, upon electricity, including all the other critical infrastructures communications, transportation, banking and finance, food and water that sustain modern civilization and the lives of 300 million Americans,” he said.
“If a great geomagnetic storm proves to be catastrophic, as all previous U.S. government studies have warned would be the case, the NERC could be responsible for contributing to an unprecedented national catastrophe,” Pry added.
Read more: http://g2bulletin.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=4451#ixzz1sttkADu2
-—From the article.
Sounds like an excuse to have the Federal government takeover infrastructure “for our safety.”
posted on 04/23/2012 2:18:05 PM PDT
(Give me liberty, or give me death!)
To: Pride in the USA
posted on 04/23/2012 2:20:48 PM PDT
(Klepto Baracka Marxo, impeach we much.)
I bet I know the answer. It goes something like this.
- the Department of Energy - under the stewardship of certified mental giant Dr. Steven Chu - takes over entire electrical system of the United States...
- Electrical rates immediatly quadruple in most markets...
- Rolling blackouts are instituted, at first during night-time hours, but are soon extended to "24-7 coverage." This is to do much needed upgrades to "our nations energy infrastrucure," upgrades the power companies, with their profit motive, were too irresponsible to do...
- To help low-income electricity consumers cope with the large rate jump, a complex system of subsidies is instituted. The new Federal Electricity Czar, John Corzine, announces that this program will be administered by a partnership involving the Natural Resources Defense Council and ACORN. Long-term finanical management and back-office operations will be handled by Goldman Sachs...
- Within 30 days of implementation, Dr. Chu will explain that "we didn't realize how bad the problems really were," and that henceforth electrical supplies to suburbs and rural areas will be switched off during all but "tax-relevent hours..."
- Within three months, the EPA will announce new, draconian regulations against small Diesel gensets, the installation of which has undergone explosive growth. New carbon-based taxes on small generators for home and small business use will make energy from these sources "competitive" with that delivered by the federally-owned electrical utility system.
About a year after this new scheme is enacted, the news will come out that the EMP threat is much more amorphous than initially thought. The "threat interval" will be extended from 2014 until 2024, and estimates of its intensity will be cut back substantially. This news will be covered on the internet and, therefore, available to the small number of people who still are able to get internet service. The major national media will neglect to mention it.
posted on 04/23/2012 2:32:00 PM PDT
by Steely Tom
(If the Constitution can be a living document, I guess a corporation can be a person.)
If it will effectively destroy the fe
deral government it can't be all bad.
posted on 04/23/2012 3:15:18 PM PDT
by Iron Munro
(If Repub's paid as much attention to Rush Limbaugh as the Dem's do, we wouldn't be in this mess)
Dec 23rd is the end of time vis a vis the Mayan prediciton.
If we survive that event there is the Asteroid which arrives in the early part of next year and another Tungusta explosion occurrs.
Then again we can eat and absord the protective shield of this Armored Catfish!
Pass the lemon sauce!
posted on 04/23/2012 3:58:36 PM PDT
(If you understand, no explanation is needed. If you don't understand, no explanation is possible.)
"How about I let you in on something every home owner needs: VOLCANO INSURANCE! Now, I have an uncle that knows a lot about volcanos, and he says a volcano is coming THIS WAY."
posted on 04/23/2012 4:04:16 PM PDT
by Sirius Lee
(Sofa King Mitt Odd Did Obamneycare)
posted on 04/23/2012 5:05:58 PM PDT
by PA Engineer
(Time to beat the swords of government tyranny into the plowshares of freedom.)
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson