Skip to comments.Romney hires openly gay spokeman
Posted on 04/24/2012 8:24:10 AM PDT by EternalVigilance
Provided courtesy of DefendtheNaturalFamily.com
MetroWeekly.com is exposing the whole truth that Washington Post would not reveal:
Mitt Romney’s campaign tonight announced that it has hired Richard Grenell, an out gay former George W. Bush administration official, to serve as the presumptive Republican presidential nominee’s “national security and foreign policy spokesman,” according to a report from The Washington Post that did not mention Grenell’s sexual orientation.
Grenell served through September 2008 in the Bush administration as a spokesman to the U.S. ambassador to the United Nations — and told The Advocate‘s Kerry Eleveld as he left the administration that it was his hope that New York would have marriage equality soon and that he would one day be able to marry his partner, Matt Lashey. The couple has been together 10 years. . . .
Andrew Sullivan, who had endorsed Obama’s 2008 run, wrote of the news, “For Romney to have an openly gay spokesman is a real outreach to gay Republicans, a subtle signal to moderates, and the Santorum faction’s reaction will be worth noting.”
Grenell is not just gay, but a gay activist who pushes for same-sex marriages.
At the end of Grenell’s service in the Bush administration, he took a notable whack at the administration, telling The Advocate‘s Kerry Eleveld of his effort to have his partner, Matt Lashey, listed in the United Nations’ Blue Book, which is “a reference guide of contact information for different member states of the United Nations as well as diplomatic personnel and their spouses.”
Grenell had attempted to have Lashey’s name added several times, to no avail. He told The Advocate back in 2008, “What put me over the edge was a friend and colleague who met her spouse after I was already with my partner — they got married and subsequently were put into the Blue Book in a matter of days.”
The State Department eventually told him that the Defense of Marriage Act prevented the listing. Although he protested the decision behind the scenes, Lashey’s name was not ever added, which led to his coming forward to criticize the treatement publicly as he left his post.
HuffPost has noted that since the choice, Grenell has scrubbed his Twitter account and website of offensive material...
Read this story at americanvisionnews.com ...
Well Romney's openly gay spokesman advocates that private businesses should not be allowed to discriminate against gay people in any manner. He wants them to be able to call their illicit relationships "marriage" and to get all the benefits including adopting your children if you were to die and leave them as orphans and to sue churches who refuse to provide their facilities for their gay marriages.
I note that your forum page says the you are a "Christian" FIRST. However it appears that you are a Republican first and your FIRST choice is to support Romney rather than oppose his liberal agenda, which includes appointing GAY ACTIVISTS to advisory positions.
Now you tell me, is a church conservative if they let ..... (gays) into the service?
Homosexuals should be allowed to attend services where they will be taught that homosexuality is an abomination against God. They should NOT be allowed to become members or take over the denomination. They should not be allowed to work in the nursery or teach Sunday school. Any Church who knowingly allows them into their ministry is apostate.
Have you even read the first Chapter of Romans?
I had little choice in the DADT policy...I did my duty. Shout all you want. You want to know truth, it was worse when we accepted women into the service. At least the homosexuals did not get pregnant mid-deploymemnt leaving the rest to pull their extra duties. Dont know how thats working out now...hopefully better.
That’s why we are building a fundamentally different, principled and practical, model:
Romney better come out and support DADT or DoAskDoExpel.
Romney also better VIGOROUSLY support a federal marriage amendment. no civil union BS. no all but name marriage.
Ahhh, so you are in search of the “perfect race” of conservatives with absolutely zero flaws. Good luck with that. The Pharisees didn’t like Jesus to much because he associated himself with tax collectors and sinners. You would fit in with them well.
Wouldn't it be nice if every parent had that choice?
Get it? They've lost that option if they have kids in school. Their kids WILL be indoctrinated. It's the "law."
Wouldn't it be nice if everyone had a choice to associate with your friend or not? They've lost that choice. It's against the "law" to avoid these people in the workplace, in the apartment building, in the public restrooms, parks, etc., no matter how vile their behavior. We're told we must be tolerant of them.
Why? Why must we tolerate it? Because we're being forced against our wills, by "laws", and I have a big problem with that.
Who says we have to allow them to "marry?" Should we be allowed to marry our brothers or sisters? Why not? How about public urinating. Some people like doing that. Shouldn't we be forced to tolerate their behavior as well? Why not? Where does the thought control - by "law" - end?
What's America going to be like 10 years from now if we just turn our heads and look the other way while the politicians and liberal judges decide what we will accept and not accept? What ever happened to OUR free will? Why voluntarily forfeit it for a few homos who have their heads screwed on backwards?
Good luck with that one. I wouldn't stand around and wait if I were you. In Massachusetts, he led the charge for homos. He was their political butt boy.
Why not just make him a gay policy spokesman, and have done?
Say what? You want this guy to be Mitt Romney’s gay policy spokesman? Why would he want a gay policy spokesman?
Why would a conservative accept a candidate with a gay policy spokesman?
That's simply a lie.
Good luck with that. The Pharisees didnt like Jesus to much because he associated himself with tax collectors and sinners. You would fit in with them well.
Pharisees say one thing and do another. Like Romney Republicans.
He won’t do it. He didn’t do it here. If history is any indication of future performance, Romney will do none of the things that those who plan to vote for him are counting on.
We actually agree on the second part of your post...
On the first part, your comments about his spokemans agenda are not substantiated by the article. If they become fact, then I am 100% in agreement. But as opinion, I am not ready to go there. If he shuts up and does his job, should not be a problem.
I am all for an upset at the convention, but I really dont see it happening at this point. I will vote against Obama, an opinion I think is well known at this point. I dont think that Jesus will look at that and judge me any less Christian. I think He has much greater things to judge me on, and He has already forgiven me if I am in error.
‘cause he’s not a conservative, and he just proved it.
Wrong...Romney isn't about American Dreams...he's all about Globalists Dreams....make no mistake about where his priorities are. Like Obama his sights go beyond the Presidency as well as his "base" operations.
Yes, please go marry your horse....sheesh
Are you actually promoting homosexual sex as just another sin to accept?
Well, even if you are doing so IGNORANTLY, do you imply that we accept sin? MAYBE you actually mean condemn the sin and accept the sinner IF the sinner STOPS sinning and sins no more?
OBVIOUSLY this Romney hire is OUT and a flaming promoter of the homosexual agenda.
I suggest you rethink your arguments supporting this homosexual hire as they are severely flawed.
Jesus tried to get the tax collectors and sinners to repent of their evil ways. He tried to teach them how to live the right way. I'm sure some didn't listen to the wisdom back then, either, and stuck with the liberal agenda of the day.
Too bad for them, huh? They should have listened to him.
Please save our precious country from this.
Bet Newt wouldn’t do something like this.
This guy is a movement gay. Since when have movement gays ever shut up about their pet issue, no matter where they are?
Annise Parker ran for mayor of Houston, twice, on a closeted basis, and the Houston Chronicle, wretched gay-advocacy fishwrapper that it is, NEVER mentioned during her first run that she is a lifetime lesbian, but after the election, skinned the bark off her opponent who'd tried to bring it up as an issue.
Then she turned around, two months into her second term, and announced by executive ukase, that the City of Houston is officially and formally a "pro-marriage-equality" (pro-homosexual "marriages") city, end of subject.
Romney dumps yet another turd into the punch bowl. Sigh, Obama should have been a breeze to defeat.
I dont buy your opinion, but your entitled to it. I do believe he has lived a spoiled life...but compared to me so did Reagan, Bush, and Bush, whom I voted for...
All Oboma has to do is wait it out. Romney has already defeated himself.
Remember to vote the House and Senate races, though.
Well then you bake a cake and I'll right a song and we'll NEXT welcome the pedophiles into the mix. /s
Exactly. These “conservative purists” are wholesale rejecting anyone who sins just like the Pharisees did. Jesus embraced the sinners and tax collectors and, as you say, tried to teach them the right way to live, to repent and change their behavior. The old saying that churches are “a hospital for sinners not a museum for saints” is appropriate here. Or as my pastor father-in-law says, “the problem with Christianity is all the Christians”. My church pastor is finishing up a series on what it means to be a “Christian”. His running theme has been that you can tell a Christian by the way they treat others. The scripture lessons just this past Sunday were the Parable of the Lost Sheep, the Parable of the Lost Son and the Parable of the Prodigal Son. Very appropriate considering this thread.
Not an opinion...facts speak for themselves:
The following quote comes directly from the Romney campaign website....
Article: “The End Of The American Dream”....
“Access to foreign markets is crucial to growing our economy. We must ...’reassert American leadership in international negotiations’, follow through on commitments we have already made, and ‘push aggressively’ for advantageous new agreements.”
But the results of this “free trade” agenda have been absolutely nightmarish for the United States......America has lost an average of 15 manufacturing facilities ‘a day’ over the last 10 years. .... During 2010 it got even worse, an average of 23 manufacturing facilities ‘a day shut’ down in the United States.
More than 56,000 manufacturing facilities in the United States have permanently closed down since 2001.
Globalism is ripping our economy apart a little bit more every day,.... and if Romney is elected the globalist agenda will only accelerate.
I will too. But I will also vote against Romney. If Romney gets the nomination, then I will vote for the Conservative Party nominee.
The Tea Party needs to support the conservative in the race. Between Romney and Obama, the main difference is that Romney is "White and Delightsome" and Obama has been cursed with a "Skin of Blackness".
They are both committed socialists. So I guess we just should vote for the pure white one.
“Wyatt,” don’t get that “Torch” too close to your posts, ‘cause they’re full of straw men.
>>>Hell I dont care about the guy being gay but I dont want to hear about it and I damn sure wont accept his agenda.<<<
In the famous words of P.J. O’Rourke: “Will the love that dare not speak its name please shut up?”
Ha! You a damn funny.
So its not the catch word of “globalization” I fear, its the threat of higher taxes on the working class and more handouts for the bums that concern me this election.
Oh oh. That wasn't my point. My point was, like Jesus, they're teaching, and I hope people are listening.
Sorry to burst your bubble. The Bible says we should correct, rebuke and be bold to those who are sinning. That's exactly what the anti-homo agenda people are doing - their job! They're teaching the error of Romney's ways.
Romney is making yolk with a homo activist. Bad company corrupts good character - as if Romney had any character to begin with considering he was the political king of homoland in Massachusetts.
“Wait till you see who Romney picks for the Supreme Court.”
So you claim to read his mind or have special insights? So, just who is he going to nominate?
Well, not to interrupt, but he does have a history. I think he chose 27(?) judges while governor, and all were exceedingly liberal to say the least. They don't come any further to the left.
So, I believe it's safe to assume he'd stick to his old habits. Is there any reason to think otherwise?
Get used to hearing this:
We tried to warn you about Mitt. You just wouldn’t listen.
How can you teach sinners if you refuse to associate with them?
Not really...you can tell by how they treat 'each other'....they are not of those of the world. As Christians we not only have a Commission to Preach/Teach the Gospel message but we are also called to "stand" against falsehood and all that which opposes the truth.
Jesus had much to say to the false teachers of that day...and it wasn't a "kind" encounter. He used a whip when overturning the money changer tables and spoke with a loud voice.......Further He called the Pharasees "white washed hypocrits", "Snakes", "White Washed Hypocrites"..followed by a series of woes against them.
The problem with Churches today are the people are NOT taking a stand against the obvious evil, nor calling it as it is just as Jesus did.
Homosexuality is a vile sin against God, against all that is natural. It destroys the mind and heart of those who practice it.. and deceives them to "imagine" in their own minds otherwise. It destroys families and confuses society ..and worse is a stronghold on a persons very soul.
.....It is an abomination to God...and should be to man. Homosexuality distorts and disorders God's intentions in creation... the practice of homosexuality contradicts the pattern of heterosexuality at its most basic level.
According to Romans 1:32 and other Scriptures,...... homosexuals 'know' that their behavior is sinful. The continued choice to practice such activity is therefore an 'intentional rebellion against God' and the creation order.
Additionally....Scripture is impregnated with premises concerning the properness of heterosexuality between a man and woman; by comparison, homosexuality is conspicuously absent 'except by condemnation'
To affirm homosexuality as biblical and normal is to distort the image of God and by implication, to insult the nature and being of God himself.
In understanding the divine purpose in creation and the fact the creation reflects God's own being, we are better able to understand the reasons for the biblical condemnations of modern homosexuality and why they are severe.
Taken from 'The Facts On Homosexuality', by John Ankerberg and Jon Weldon
Why don't you leave the adult discussions to adults.
Your inability to distinguish the "center of gravity" on any given issue does NOT impede those of us not raised on half-wit "absurdum" arguments from doing so.
Here's a clue: when you have to jump to the "zero flaws" canard to support your contentions, those of us who actually think instead of trading in cliches, tune out from whatever you have to say.
In fact, advocacy that uses such tactics is a good indicator the other side is probably the correct one.
You know nothing about the homosexual agenda and how it is destroying our Constitutional freedoms of religion, speech, and associtaion.
You could inform yourself if you are so inclined. It’s very hard to believe you know nothing about this, so I can only assume the homo-agenda is fine with you.
God blessed us with the Internet. That way, their diseases are useless against us.
Let them associate with each other like in Romans. That should clear up the problem - eventually.
For Wyatt and Magnum who are pretending that there is no malignant homo-agenda destroying our Constitutional freedoms of religion, speech and association. Among a host of other evils.
Here’s the summary of “After the Ball”:
(Comments are not written by me - I know it’s a long read but everyone should scan this summary.)
The Homosexual Propaganda and Media Manipulation Game...
Although homosexual propaganda has been around for 50 years, the current campaign started in 1989 with a very popular book within the homosexual community called: After the Ball: How America Will Conquer Its Fear and Hatred of Gays in the 1990s by Marshall Kirk and Hunter Madsen. This very popular book within the homosexual community makes a passionate argument that homosexual activists should implement an organized propaganda campaign to change public opinion to gain public acceptance to their behavior and obtain special rights, benefits, and privileges. Their rationalization for launching such a campaign is that people who do not agree with them are bigots, haters, or ignorants, and therefore activists can and should justifiably employ any tactic possible, including mass deceit, lying, slander, maliciousness, intimidation, violence, etc. Although many activists initially condemned this approach at first in public, remaining hold outs have jumped on board after benefitting from the success of the propaganda campaign. The following are exerpts taken from After The Ball. These strategies, tactics, and techniques have been and are currently employed by most homosexual activist groups, as verified by their well documented trail.
1) The homosexual agenda can succeed by conversion of the average Americans emotions, mind, and will, through, a planned psychological attack in the form of propaganda to the nation via media (page 153);
2) Propaganda relies more upon emotional manipulation that upon logic, since its goal is to bring about public change (page 162);
3) Propaganda can be unabashedly subjective and one-sided, there is nothing wrong with this (page 163);
4) Homosexual agenda can succeed by desensitization achieved by lowering the intensity of antigay emotional reactions to a level of sheer indifference (page 153);
5) Homosexual agenda can succeed by jamming and confusing adversaries, so as to block or counteract the rewarding of prejudice (page 153);
6) Heterosexuals dislike homosexuals on fundamentally emotional, not intellectual grounds (page 166)
7) Desensitizing is our recipe for converting ambivalent skeptics;
8) Make victimizers look bad by linking to Nazi horror while helping straights to see gays as victims and feel protective towards them (page 221);
9) The Nazi story of pink triangle as a symbol of victimization should be a sufficient opening wedge into the vilification of our enemies (page 190);
10) Show grisly victimization of gays and demand that readers identify themselves with either social tolerance or gruesome cruelty;
11) Discourage anti-gay harassment by linking and calling all those that have opposing opinions to latent homosexuality (i.e., call people homophobic) (page 227)
12) Jam people by pointing out that its inconsistent with the readers belief in the value of love between individuals (page 233);
13) AIDS epidemic should be exploited to increase attention and sympathy as victimized minority.(page xxv)
14) We argue that for all practical purposes, gays should be considered to have been born gay, even though sexual orientation, for most humans, seems to be the product of a complex interaction between innate predispositions and environmental factors during childhood and early adolescence (page 184);
15) Muddy the moral waters, that is, to undercut the rationalization that justify religious opposition this entails publicizing support by moderate churches and raising serious theological objections (page 179);
16) Portray opposing churches as antiquated backwaters, badly out of step with the time and with the latest findings of psychology (page 179);
17) Jam the self-righteous pride by linking to a disreputable hate group (page 235);
18) The main thing is to talk about gayness until the issue becomes thoroughly tiresome (page 178);
19) All opposing disagreements to homosexual behavior is rooted in Homophobia, Homohatred, and Prejudice (page 112)
20) It is acceptible to call people Homophobic or Homohaters if they do not agree 100% with homosexual views, opinions, or behavior. (page xxiii)
21) A media campaign should portray only the most favorable side of gays (page 170);
22) Show others accepting gays and homosexuals (page 241);
23) Heterosexuals are like Aryans and people who are against homosexual behavior are Nazis and Clansman.
24) Homosexual persecution is identical to Jewish persecution (page 57, 62, );
25) Homosexual persecution is identical racial prejudice to Blacks, Asians, and Hispanics (inferring inborn) (page 62, 73);
26) All scientific/medical arguments to prevent 1973 APA/AMA removal from disorder list were rooted in cultural prejudice, medieval knowledge of science/medicine, and misinformation.
27) Two-thirds of all boys have rudimentary homosexual experiences (inferring most teenagers want to have homosexual sex) (page 44)
28) Vast majority of homosexuals do not engage in compulsive high-risk sex (page 49)
29) American opposition is based solely on prejudiced, outdated, and hypocritical Victorian morals (page 51)
30) All homosexually suicides are based entirely on societal rejection (page xv)
31) All sexual morality should be abolished (pages 64 to 67);
32) Homosexual civil rights are explicitly set forth in the Bill of Rights;
33) Health concerns for AIDS prevention are unwarranted (page 91)
34) Opposition to homosexual marriages is based on family nostalgia and sexual guilt based on religious/Victorian values (page 92)
35) Adoption agencies have been placing kids with gay people for a long time, as long as you do not bring up the fact that your gay;
36) Kids in gay households ultimately receive better-than-average parenting (page 97)
37) All speech that is opposing homosexual behavior should be banned under clear and present danger to public order (page 101)
38) All and any news or media coverage that is presents homosexual in negative form is prejudiced and invalid (page 54);
39) Everyone comes out must be prepped by a media campaign carefully crafted, repeatedly displayed mass-media images of gays (page 169);
40) Gay activists have tried to manipulate the American judicial system. Sometimes the tactic works: many executive orders (which side step the democratic process) and ordinances passed by city councils now protect certain rights (page 171);
41) Employ images that desensitize, jam, and/or convert on an emotional level (page 173);
42) Gain access to the kinds of public media that would automatically confer legitimacy upon these messages and sponsors (page 173);
43) Ambivalent skeptics are our most promising targets (page 176)
44) Associate gay cause with talk about racism, sexism, militarism, poverty, and all the conditions that oppress the unempowered. (page 181)
45) Project gays as victims of circumstance and oppression, not as aggressive challengers (page 183);
46) Mustachioed leather men, drag queens, and bull dykes should not appear in gay commercials and other public presentations (until later after wide acceptance) (page 183);
47) Groups on the farthest margins of acceptability, such as NAMBLA, must play no part at all in the medioa campaign (page 184);
48) Gays should be portrayed as victims of prejudice graphic pictures of brutalized gays, dramatizations of job and housing insecurity, loss of child custody, public humiliation (page 185);
49) In time we see no reason why more and more diversity should not be introduced into the projected image (i.e., drag queens, pedophiles, etc.) (page 186);
50) Infer and speculate that famous historical figures were gay for two reasons: first, they are dead as a door nail, hence in no position to deny the truth and sue for libel; (page 188)
51) In TV and print, images of victimizers can be combined with those of their gay victims by a method propagandists call the bracket technique (page 190);
52) The media campaign will reach straights on an emotional level, casting gays as societys victims and inviting straights to be their protectors (page 187);
53) We like television because its the most graphic and intrusive medium for our message (page 201)
54) Over the long-term, television and magazines are probably the media of choice (page 204);
55) Ads must manage to get the word gay into the headline or tagline (page 207);
56) Each message should tap public sentiment, patriotic, or otherwise, and drill an unimpeachable agreeable proposition into the mainstreams head (page 208);
57) Several years down the road, our tactics will have carved out, slice by slice, a large portion of access to mainstream media (page 213);
58) Associate and link gays to good causes and non-controversial activities (page 219);
59) The more people who appear to practice homosexuality, and the more innate it appears to be, the less abnormal and objectionable, and the more legitimate it will seem (which is why it is important to maintain claims to 10% of the population)(page 217)
60) Stage candid interviews with gays who appear as solid citizens. Subjects in commercials should be interviewed alone, not with their lovers (for now) (page 247);
61) Most people derive their impressions of the world through the national media (page 250);
62) It will be a sheer delight to besmirch our tormentors, we cannot waste our resources on revenge alone (page 189);
63) Too many Americans share this mistrust of gay citizens (page 55);
It is so outrageous and evil what homosexual activists are up to, one does not know where to start. One does not know who to feel sorriest and embarrassed for: the “ambivalent skeptic” who could care less if they were being desensitized, manipulated, and used; reporters and media officials who fail to expose such fraud and fail in their jobs as public care takers of the truth; public officials who are afraid to stand up to these activists out of fear of reprisal; the parents of the children who are apathetic and indifferent and allow their children to be desensitized, manipulated, and reprogrammed; or the homosexual activists who preach of gays having virtue and honesty while actively participating in on-going hate campaigns. Does the ends justify the means? Should any group in society be able to get away with such audacity and corruptness?
And how would Jesus treat them once they categorically refused to repent and change their ways?
Answer: like he treated the Pharisees....
Refusing to ADVOCATE is not the same as refusing to ASSOCIATE.
If you wish to "associate" with homosexuals in this culture and political climate, they will universally insist that you "advocate" for them also.
They are truly "those who are not for us are against us," activists.
And people are quiting the game.
And what words would those be?
I thought that I was trying to get words OUT of your mouth; but, alas, it appears that is not going to happen.
What you said BUMP.
There is no way to polish that turd Romney.
Don't need to read his mind. Just look at his record.
An excerpt from the above link...
Legal analysts say candidate Romney is different from Gov. Romney.
Liberty Counsel Action Vice President Matt Barber said Romneys appointments were constitutional living document poster children.
Many of Romneys appointments were not only liberal, not only Democrats, but were radical counter-constitutionalists. How on earth can we expect that, as president, he would be any different? Barber asked rhetorically.
Actions speak louder than words, and Mitt Romneys actions as governor scream from the rooftops that he cannot be trusted with this most important of presidential responsibilities.
Barber cites two specific examples of Romneys radical appointments....
According to the headline, Romney hired a gay “spokeman”.
Presumably to fix his bicycle?
badda-bing, thank thank you. I’ll be here all week.
Short of leaving the country, you can’t quit.
Not really, we are not held blameless.
Rom 1:26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
Rom 1:27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.
Rom 1:28 And even as they did not like to retain God in [their] knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;
Rom 1:29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,
Rom 1:30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,
Rom 1:31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:
Rom 1:32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.