Skip to comments.Let's put this to bed. We have bigger fish to fry.
Posted on 04/27/2012 4:56:50 AM PDT by 2ndDivisionVet
Everyone please send whatever you are able to, whether it is $10, $100 or $1,000+. The DUmmies, Morons, Kos Kiddies and that crew are laughing up their sleeves. Jim may have to make this site members only or allow ads. Better for us to just help with what we can. Maybe you can donate as a memorial for a lost loved one, a servicemember who never made it home or was disabled defending our country. Perhaps you'd like to give to keep free discussion alive and to show them that we're not knuckling under. I'm sure a well thought out or prayerful meditation will lead you to see the need and how you can help. If every registered FReeper and our lurkers would each just help out with a fin or a sawbuck, or better yet a Ben Franklin, we could put this to bed and get on with the conservative cause.
Thank you dear friend!
Bunkum. The elites wanted Romney and with money, the press and manipulation, they got him. We got the shaft. Again.
Uh huh. I see. Romney is Palin’s fault. But don’t you know it’s really all Bush’s fault?
I agree with you about FReepers leaving because of the vile non-stop religious bigotry which has mushroomed here.
There should be no place on a conservative political website for holier-than-thou cliques of wackos whose SOLE PURPOSE for being on the website is to trash the religions of other conservatives. Let them take their venom to an anti-Mormon or anti-Catholic website which wallows in such hatred. I’m disappointed that they are allowed here.
“The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena...”
Speech by “progressive” Pres. Theo Roosevelt, and frequently mentioned by “rino” Pres. Richard Nixon.
From start of VP until elected Potus Nixon was “In the Arena” for 15 years.
From start of Calif. Gov until elected Potus Reagan was “In the Arena” for 14 years.
I rather think olde Teddy would be quite popular with non-partisan Tea Party supporters, for his populism, for his “trust busting” etc.
And btw olde Teddy was “In the Arena” for a long, long time too.
You wouldn't see Tony Snow or Barbara Olsen hanging out here these days because there is no open discussion.
Only group-thinking allowed these days.
Sorry, but I prefer the past to this mess.
Bunkum? Good word. LOL.
I’m not blaming her entirely for this mess we find ourselves in. I’m really not blaming HER at all. She never said she would run and she didn’t. I’m blaming the people who helped destroy conservatives so she would, in their minds, have an easy run to the nomination.
I’m just saying that she was more of a contributor that a solution. The GOP-e, along with the leftist media, were the primary culprits here. All Palin did was to make sure that no one supported any conservatives en masse until it was too late, and seeing what was happening on her behalf, should have let her supporter know much earlier that she wasn’t in it.
I do not for a second believe Romney will do any better than Obama. And I have read many articles and threads debating over the issue of Scotus.
The office of the United States President covers a very broad range nationally and Internationally, and as well and equal to Scotus decisions. These also I've considered.
I remain opposed to Romney and Obama.... I will not consent to their platforms by voting for them. Neither have the best interests of our country and both pay lip-service only. It's a show predetermined and I will not sign onto it any further.
I see what you’re saying. But cannot we begin again to make it useful to you and those who feel as you do without giving the site over to anarchy? The infrastructure is still sound; just need to clean up and straighten up once in a while.
Can you name another site to replace this one?
////I pinged Jim because your post was vile and demeaning and in violation of every tenant of FR. I thought Jim might enjoy your post as much as I did./////
you consider that post vile....demeaning?
i consider your reply a perfect example of whats wrong with FR......
>>Uh huh. I see. Romney is Palins fault. But dont you know its really all Bushs fault?
Of course its Bush’s fault! Bush causes everything from Obama to global warming to gout. :-)
You shouldn’t fret about the grinches....just sayin’....
“There should be no place on a conservative political website for holier-than-thou cliques of wackos whose SOLE PURPOSE for being on the website is to trash the religions of other conservatives.”
Amen to that: and they call themselves Christian.
It was always too late. The GOP picked out their liberal sometime ago. And they made sure he'd "win".
I doubt this was a random occurrence.
On the good news front, please welcome Randy Larsen back to the Dollar-a-Day Club!!
Thank you very much, Randy Larsen Welcome back!!
Some look at this election from the perspective....if you were drowning whose hand would you take to pull you out of the water.....
When I donated, I was under the impression that part of the last Freepathon and part of this one was for servers. Was money set aside from the last Freepathon for half the cost of the new servers? How much more is needed?
Jim...why can’t there be a drive for the equipment seperate from donations?
Well, I don’t know about you or Tony Snow, but I wouldn’t be a member of a site that pushes for abortionism, homosexualism, big government statism, etc.
This is Free Republic. We are pro-life, pro-family, pro-constitutionally limited government, pro-traditional American conservatism, pro-liberty!!
We are not a big tent all inclusive site. If you want that, please go to the New York Times forum.
We are the resistance!!
We may do that, but let’s get this one done first. We raised half of the funds needed for the new equipment last quarter and if need be can borrow the balance. Possibly even with no interest for 90 days from the supplier.
Thanks very much. Love your posts.
SPECIAL WELCOME TO RETURNING MEMBER,
Welcome to the Club and Thanks Again to All New $1 A Day Club Members!!!
Allen In Texas Hill Country
American Number 181269513
Clint N. Suhks
crazy aunt in the attic
do the dhue
Just another Joe
Kathy in Alaska
Lonesome in Massachussets
Lucius Cornelius Sulla
The Citizen Soldier
The Right Stuff
West Texas Chuck
By contributing at least $30 a month or $360 a year to Free Republic, you may become a member of the Dollar-A-Day Club.
You may contribute any combination of monthly and/or one-time contributions by Credit Card, Mail-In Check, Money Order or PayPal to reach this goal.
DONOR NAMES ARE ADDED TO THIS LIST ONLY BY REQUEST OF THE DONOR.
Please contact Jim Robinson if youre a Dollar-A-Day Donor and would like your name to appear on this List! Thanks very much and thank you for your loyal support of Free Republic!
Special Thanks To Ron C. For His Help With The List.
Table Format and Background Graphics Made By: Fiddlstix
YOU LOSE, is_is.
That vile post was deleted. You’re the malcontent.
Don’t sweat it friend. You have friends here with the same views. Ignore the naysayers. Party over principle is what is killing our country.
I remember last May very well and still have the emails that Dengar01 sent me!
He told me in those emails that he would never do it again and would accept being banned for good if he did. Here we are a year later....
You were being too nice and too polite to leave out the most vile and nasty things he wrote to you in that Good Friday email.
If you don’t like FR, LEAVE!! Change the channel already.
We are pro-life, pro-family, pro-small government. There is no way in hell that we are going to promote the abortionist, homosexualist, big government mandate loving SOB, Mitt Romney!!
If that is what is wrong with FR in your view, then get the hell OUT!!
We are not changing it to suit the big tent all inclusive philosophy.
We are the resistance!!
Whatever floats your boat. I will vote in November, and it won’t be for the Marxist jug eared Kenyan, deal with it.
I replied to the turkey in post 1785.
Thank you very much, dearest Jim.
Whatever floats your boat.
Ok, since this thread has come to be what it is, I’ll add my two cents.
First, I’ll say that this is still one of the best sites on the web. When I first started becoming interested in politics, this site was immeasurably helpful in getting me acquainted with the current political situation. For that, I will be forever grateful, so know that, when I make my following points, I still really like this site, despite its flaws. Here’s a observations:
1) No one here is disputing Jim Robinson’s right to run his site however he wants. We know that we can stop visiting this site or post somewhere else. We’re just dismayed that the greatest conservative forum on the web is collapsing. Sure, we can go somewhere else if we don’t like it, but it’s senseless to just let this site die for silly reasons.
2) The lack of posters is hurting more than just freepathons. With less people, this site is not the great news aggregator that it once was. Going here used to be one stop shopping for news and commentary. Now, the site can no longer fulfill that role, and there’s less of a reason to visit the site because of it. It’s sad to see how little activity this site has now, and the place seems to be a shell of its former self.
3) The lack of posters also means less posting and commentary on each thread. It’s sad to see the site being half dead. When I read the older threads, I am in awe of how intelligent the discussion is.
4) There are a few things that have made the posters on this site lose much of their credibility in my mind. One is the treatment of Newt Gingrich. If you read some older threads, you can see that only a year or so ago, he was widely reviled as a RINO here. Now, all of a sudden, he has become almost above reproach. Both positions are too extreme, but this site seems really dumb when it flip-flops on someone like that.
5) The Palin cult of personality was obnoxious. I like her as a person, but this site seemed out of touch with reality when, in 2010, people were acting like it was a shoe-in that she would be president in 2013.
6) The anti-Mormon junk is obnoxious. It’s one thing to allow Mormonism to be deservedly criticized, but it’s another thing to make anti-Mormonism a semi-official site policy. There is a reason why public figures won’t touch this site with a ten foot pole, and the condoned anti-Mormonism by people like Colofornian and Elsie is a large part of that reason. You can have a site dedicated to trashing Mormons or a site where mainstream public figures like Tony Snow post, but not both. I sure as Hell would prefer having the latter.
7) The anti-Catholicism on this site is also obnoxious. It’s not as obvious as the anti-Mormonism, but it is noticeable in the way the religion forum is moderated. There is no reason posters like presently no screen name and Quix should be allowed to post the way they do. However, most of this has subsided due to the fact that, because of the decrease in site activity, the religion forum is half-dead.
8) On the topic of Mitt Romney: I’d like it if the site allowed people to support or not support Romney equally. We all know that Romney is bad, but this is a question of strategy not principles. Either position should be acceptable.
9) As has been noted on this thread before, the whole viking kitties celebrating a zot thing has become ridiculous. Unless it’s a genuine troll, there is no reason to childishly celebrate the zotting of a freeper.
10) The suck-ups on this site are also obnoxious. I have no idea why grown adults feel the need to score brownie points by sucking up to Jim Robinson. We can all like Jim Rob, but we don’t need to worship him or suck up to him like he’s a dictator or we’re teachers’ pets.
So, although I love this site, it has some avoidable problems that are leading to its fundraising problems. If this post leads to a zot, so be it, but due to where this site has been headed, I’m going to take a break from posting for a while and maybe forever. I’ll still lurk and I may respond to comments on this post, but aside from that, I’ll be gone for a while. It was nice while it lasted guys.
Yes, we have $6,000+ set aside for new equipment. That was half of what we estimated was needed. We may go for less or we may finance the difference and pay for it monthly out of our regular operating budget. Either way, we’ll git ‘er done. Thank you very much!!
You have people listed here who have been zotted or left voluntarily several months ago.
I wouldn’t contribute anything to anyone without some idea of why they needed it.
The Free Republic is asking for my money. I will ask why they need it and for what. If I agree with their explanation, then I’ll hand over some money.
If not, I walk away.
AND if I get flim-flam and a ‘gimme your money and STFU’, then... as they used to say on Seinfeld, “NO SOUP FOR YOU!”
Furthermore, I’d say that, based on the past couple of lackluster Freepathons, that’s getting to be the general consensus.
Now, you can bury your head in the sand and ignore it. Or you can insult those that bring it up. You can even ZOT people for it. But that will exacerbate the problem, not fix it.
Or you can find out what your users what and give it to them.
Well, evidently they were members of the club at one time.
Submit their names to Jim.